my next new character idea

Batilisks get no love these days, understandably so because they are rats with wings and annoy me. But what if they didnt?
memes aside my new character idea/theory is that it could be a batilisk based character, capable of befriending batilisks and having batilisk themed crafts unique to them like makeshift batilisk dens or something of the sort.
what would their stats and perks be? i think their stats would be; health - 145 hunger - 120 sanity - 100 and their perks would be; loses less sanity at dusk or flat out doesnt receive a drain at dust at all, and 20% less sanity drain when its night, or 5-10%, if you think 20% is too high.
they would be able to eat monster meat and would be attacked on sight by normally neutral mobs
an effect like the cowl from hamlet in the caves, where in dark spots it uses cowl effect, not giving you immunity to things in the dark but instead allowing you to "see" things hiding out of sight.
What do you guys think?

I personally love seeing posts like this that include custom suggestions to the games mechanics or added content because every time I see them, I see how much people (especially newcomers) still love this game, and I think that's pretty awesome.

19 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

the only character that I want to see is 

Reveal hidden contents

Charlie

I don't know when or how it could be possible. But it's the only thing I want

I am pretty sure Charlie does not qualify as the final brand new character. She’s too deeply involved in the games story to be thrown in like that.

However- I do believe she will be the unlockable for beating DST someday... 

I hope and pray that ALL Klei Official characters make it into the game someday.. Plus Charlie :) 

Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wilba, Wheeler, Wagstaff.. And CHARLIE!

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I am pretty sure Charlie does not qualify as the final brand new character. She’s too deeply involved in the games story to be thrown in like that.

However- I do believe she will be the unlockable for beating DST someday... 

I hope and pray that ALL Klei Official characters make it into the game someday.. Plus Charlie :) 

Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wilba, Wheeler, Wagstaff.. And CHARLIE!

Sadly, I remember a tweet saying that they don't wanna make the exact same adventure mode for dst.. That was years ago though Plus I'm worried... Is she even "human" anymore?  I hope there is a way for whatever she's fused with to go away. And she isn't bound to the throne..

1 hour ago, Charlie Dark said:

And she isn't bound to the throne..

She isn't?
She still attacks you in the dark+ in the ANR cinematic (from cyclum) she

Spoiler

frees Wilson and just casually transforms the area without being forced onto the throne. Just after fully merging she just decides to sit down.

4 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

She isn't?
She still attacks you in the dark+ in the ANR cinematic (from cyclum) she

Hide contents

frees Wilson and just casually transforms the area without being forced onto the throne. Just after fully merging she just decides to sit down.

Charlie the badass, and I mean in trailers we see her standing up and stuff and away from the throne room

4 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

Charlie the badass, and I mean in trailers we see her standing up and stuff and away from the throne room

-I’ve decide to spoiler tag my entire post just encase it’s off-topic, Please enjoy, Or not.. 

Spoiler

Charlie has always been the Guru (The thing that kills you in the Dark) Even in single player don’t starve during Maxwells time on the throne. 

Now that Charlie is on the throne.. how is she still also somehow the Nightmare Guru?

I’ve questioned this to Klei dev’s many times in the past & have gotten no response, as someone who writes books & stories Myself, it is my job to look for plot loopholes like this in well Everything! 

I personally feel that Maxwell was a Puppet who had no control at all over what he was doing, and that his time on the throne was him being Manipulated by its Influence over him, Which is heavily hinted at when he examines stuff in the game and his quotes are along the lines of “I don’t remember creating this” Or “How did THAT Get In Here?”

We have no idea at ALL What Horrors Wilson was forced into creating and doesn’t Remember during his time trapped on the Throne, or for that matter how LONG he was on the Throne, has he been stuck there for quite some time?? Or was he almost immediately free’d by Charlie?

With Charlie.. it is Different in the A new Reign trailer we see her wander up on Wilson & Free Him, it is important to Note, that Charlie does not start wigging out between rather she wants to Hurt or Help poor Wilson until AFTER she Free’s him from the Throne.

After Which we Then see her struggle with herself between rather things should be nice and pretty, or dark and spooky, before finally both her good half AND her bad half are Merged into one and she settles on a Middle Ground between Pretty & Spooky.

My personal Conclusion to this is that Unlike Maxwell, & Wilson, CHARLIE has (At least SOME) Degree of Control over the Thrones Influence on Her, The heaviest things in the game that points to evidence of this is Wintersfeast and Year of the Carrat.

CHARLIE Does not wish to ALWAYS Make the Survivors lives a living hell- As seen by providing Maxwell with his favorite Eggnog and his quote “She remembered this is my favorite.”

And as seen with Charlie’s Shadow Rats examining them as Winona in YoTC, “You always did have a competitive side huh Sis?”

The Biggest Evidence though is Examining and then also eating Holiday Cheer during the Wintersfeast 2019 event, While I do not recall Exactly what those quotes were.. instead of nothing but Misery & Torcher (for our survivors at least... maybe NOT So much for those poor leg less Gingerbread pigs haha..) Charlie Wanted the Holiday Cheer to remind them of something Joyful or Close to the Heart.

I believe that with all this evidence- Charlie has SOME Degree of Control over “Thems” Influence.. But not enough control to fully Escape.

I get this painful sad feeling in my heart that because of this Charlie will end up sacrificing herself, possibly willing to be lost in the constant forever to help everyone else (Including Maxwell) Escape as she fights to maintain control over herself.

(She could still be unlocked as playable upon beating the game... But as far as Canon ending goes... I picture since Charlie is the only one who has any control over the thrones Influence AND has Always been the Nightmare Guru that she’ll have to make the ultimate sacrifice.) 

-millions of crying tear emoji inserted here

@Mike23Ua Listen!

Spoiler

I once made a similar theory about that, I said "Charlie is the queen now, she has better stuff to do that only be the night monster, she could be using puppets" and a Klei dev named Scott? liked my comment! Plus that would be very sad. I do care about fictional characters, if she ended up like this.. I would be very upset. She doesn't deserve it! She's innocent! She didn't even know that Maxwell was using real dark magic!

I am not joking.

To get this thread back on topic, while a batilisk character could be interesting, I don't think much of the perks here are rather interesting or unique. It really just feels like another Webber (Which is funny, considering he does have a Batilisk skin.) While the cowl perk thingy does sound kind of interesting, I don't think it's anything too special to make them stand out from the rest of the group.

Not to sound rude, but considering it's your "brand new character idea" i find it abit lackluster. The only somewhat interesting perk you said is the cowl, other than that this character sounds like webber but with bats, that are rather more useless than spiders. You could try spicing it up by perhaps bringing echolocation and "life draining" mechanics to his kit, since the character is a bat. Personally i'm not a fan of the ,,smaller/cuter character version of an existing mob", id go with an actual human survivor that's tied to the lore or shadow creature/ancient like character that has an aura of mystery around them.

Archived