How to make sure hounds never kill you again!

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

They are easier because of their speed and their latency atacking.

if you're one person who "knows" how to kite, yeah sure! if you play with 3 people and 4 worms spawn for each person, and one person can't go forward because of the lag and gets stunlocked.. and the other person gets panicked and just tanks them and perishes too, and when you are the last one alive, you get rushed by all the worms.. it doesn't sound so easy now.. does it? plus the puppies these can be distracted with ease

Just now, Charlie Dark said:

if you're one person who "knows" how to kite, yeah sure! if you play with 3 people and 4 worms spawn for each person, and one person can't go forward because of the lag and gets stunlocked.. and the other person gets panicked and just tanks them and perishes too, and when you are the last one alive, you get rushed by all the worms.. it doesn't sound so easy now.. does it? plus the puppies these can be distracted with ease

I was in that situation always (my friends are just bad yet, they didnt played as much as i) so always i must kill my hound wave+their and i can tell you that i prefer deepworms. Easier yo scape (so they can survive until i kill mine) and doesnt burn or freeze everything (getting freeze with a lot of hounds on you could be the end)

On 28. 3. 2020 at 1:08 PM, Viktor234 said:

and the HOUND_SPECIAL_CHANCE value in tuning.lua

HOUND_SPECIAL_CHANCE =
        {
            {minday=0, chance=0},
            {minday=15, chance=.1},
            {minday=30, chance=.2},
            {minday=50, chance=.333},
            {minday=75, chance=.5},
        },

Red Hounds still have a chance of 0% to spawn past day 10. But once the 'average age of the players' in days becomes greater than 15, Red Hounds will start to spawn with a chance of 10%. Red Hounds in the first autumn can only be achieved if not too many players join during mid or late autumn and if a hound wave appears between day 16 and 20.

This could be used to spawn way harder hounds or a Varg.

15 hours ago, ToXic Cur3 said:

I Agree but sometimes the hounds managed to slip through the traps if there's alot or some would activate to late that it does not hit them,I dont know if this happens to you to me it does unless I'm not placing them as close as I can

Piggies are useful and if you do not have piggies use tall birds if you can I know they aggro on the player but who wouldn't want to get food as well? Win win for both

- The trick is to trigger their attack animation while running through the fields. That'll keep them in place, enough for 3-4 traps to spring where they are standing.

- Tallbirds aren't a reliable strat because:

- they're pretty rare

- they don't usually come in high numbers, which means a large hound wave will effectively slaughter them

- they aggro onto you first most of the time, only adding another attacker to your worries

- if your strategy means using the tallfort setpiece, its either you die to the large amounts of tallbirds aggroing onto you instead of the hounds, or the hounds burn down the nests, which you will need for future Tallbird production

15 hours ago, ToXic Cur3 said:

The doubled post content bug has struck

7 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

The trick is to trigger their attack animation while running through the fields. That'll keep them in place, enough for 3-4 traps to spring where they are standing.

This I will try the next time I play which hound teeth is not that hard to get 

7 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

they aggro onto you first most of the time, only adding another attacker to your worries

- if your strategy means using the tallfort setpiece, its either you die to the large amounts of tallbirds aggroing onto you instead of the hounds, or the hounds burn down the nests, which you will need for future Tallbird production

I wouldn't say my strategy is using the set piece Its more like using random tallbirds that I find if im exploring or teeth trap by base(Depends on scenario)if I had the tallbird fortress due to world gen,probably I would use it but not really because trying to set it up will get me killed like you said they aggro right away as they see you and I will have to wait for Bearger or deerclops to clear out all the rocks,set up the enclosures for them and most likely will run out of resources by then which leads to gathering more and etc but whichever traps I have set up I add to it when the hounds die from it and then repeat it

On 3/27/2020 at 11:16 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

Making tons of tooth traps in an isolated area is one of the best, if not the best way to deal with hounds.

It's quite alright for early game, but once you have stone fruit bushes consider making circles of protection (mainly for endless servers):

image.thumb.png.066c9c2109eb9c11faae42541a076c48.png

Pure lazy mode sit around during hound waves.  The traps are still there from early game, haven't been bothered to remove.

On 3/29/2020 at 9:10 AM, Charlie Dark said:

Run then kill one by one. With hounds it can take quite a while to make them lose aggro on you or unload them from your screen.

Archived