FPS Droping when playing as Wendy

Today I've started (hosted) a solo game as Wendy and my fps started a massive drop 5 secs after I entered the world. I have already disabled all mods and doesn't worked. Also started (hosted) a new world as other character and the fps kept fixed in 60. I've joined another players servers as Wendy and the fps kept fixed in 60 as well. 

Does anyone else having the same problem? 

In all honesty... it’s probably assets they’ve put into the game that goes with the upcoming Return of Them Update #4 that’s doing it... 

I highly doubt Wendy’s Rework ALONE would cause this problem.

But then again.. what do I know? This is the most common cause for other games.. But I don’t know if that is the case here or not.

2 hours ago, Minitte said:

Did abigail's sprite use to glow? Not the glow that gave off light but the glowing bloom effect thing. Maybe it has to do with that.

Yes, but it's a tad brighter now. I was actually able to survive a night by chasing her around, since she doesn't run far now.

11 hours ago, AnitaCoffee said:

Yes, but it's a tad brighter now. I was actually able to survive a night by chasing her around, since she doesn't run far now.

Was that after the update? I played wendy  before the hotfix and Abigail was as bright as she could be.

12 hours ago, minespatch said:

Was that after the update? I played wendy  before the hotfix and Abigail was as bright as she could be.

Yep. Previous to the update, you couldn't keep up with her to stay in her light radius, and I'm pretty certain she wasn't as bright. 

I did a quick comparison, though I apparently don't take many screenshots & upload them to Steam. So the second photo is from Goodvin @ Steam. 

Before the update in Spring at dusk:

wendy.jpg

After in Spring at dusk:

Goodvin.jpg

Might just be her luminosity was touched up? Looks the same under her. 

But yep you defitnily don't need a torch! Just chase her about. :wilson_ecstatic:

On 25/3/2020 at 1:16 AM, Dark Phalanx said:

Today I've started (hosted) a solo game as Wendy and my fps started a massive drop 5 secs after I entered the world. I have already disabled all mods and doesn't worked. Also started (hosted) a new world as other character and the fps kept fixed in 60. I've joined another players servers as Wendy and the fps kept fixed in 60 as well. 

Does anyone else having the same problem? 

Same problem

• Developer

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce this on my computer. Would someone be able to run a profiling capture for me?

Start a locally hosted world, without caves enabled. When the fps drops, type TheSim:Profile(1) in the debug console and then press enter. If there was no fps drop during the last second the please run the command again (pressing the up arrow key in the debug console will use the previous command)

This will add the file profile.json in you save directory. Please attach it here or make a post in the bug tracker. Thanks.

13 hours ago, minespatch said:

Okay, if I get to play Wendy again, I won't have to make a torch next time.:wilson_ecstatic:

This was something they changed with her Refresh Mine, you can now use Abigail as a personal light source throughout the night if you put her on “Soothe” Mode. She will float away.. but she always Zips back by your side before Darkness can actually kill you.

There are obvious limitations to this though- she won’t glow at all if below a certain health threshold, so it’s not like you can use Abigail constantly in this manor, it’s more of a bonus perk for taking care of Abigail.

Also it makes sense and is entirely fitting of Wendy since her character description reads “Isn’t afraid of the Dark.” 

Archived