chlorine and food poisoning

Hello,

I am writting because i have a trouble trying to kill food poisoning germs in water. I tried to make a room with chlorine and a liquid reservoirs (following designs from other users) but it seems like the chlorine does not interact with my  liquid (pipes and reservoirs) and the desease doest not desapear. 

I tried to make and experiment with the sandbox mode and my chorine doesn't kill the germs. In the screen you can see the what im talking about, sorry its in spanish

There are 44,870 Germs.

Please, can you tell me what's happening?

image.thumb.png.cd183ee289e68fa86ea58c3803bb9c64.png

Some facts that you might not know and might help:

1) Germs don't die instantly: in the germs tab, if the germs are in chrlorine, you should see something like "xx% dead per cycle due to chlorine" or something. They die very quickly, but not instantly. If your germs are in a cell of chlorine and are not dying then you most likely have a bug.
2) To disinfect reservoirs, only one tile is checked (I think it is the bottom left for liquid reservoirs): if you have even a single wondering packet of non-chlorine in the room, the germs will stop dying when said packet occupies the bottom left tile of the reservoir (they will actually multiply if the packet is polluted oxygen)
3) There is no way to disinfect pipes: germs in liquid going through a pipe don't interact with the environment. This is the reason why tipically these setups involve doors underneath reservoirs ( may be now that reservoirs have an automation port this is no longer necessary, don't know, haven't used them yet since the new patch).

58 minutes ago, suxkar said:

3) There is no way to disinfect pipes: germs in liquid going through a pipe don't interact with the environment. This is the reason why tipically these setups involve doors underneath reservoirs ( may be now that reservoirs have an automation port this is no longer necessary, don't know, haven't used them yet since the new patch).

The automation on reservoirs in an output so door under it is still needed to shut off the reservoir output.

Yeah, found that out the hard way.  The automation on reservoirs is like that on the fridges, it sends an output signal based on it's fullness.  The automation can't be used to shut off the reservoir directly, you still need to use a door.

12 hours ago, Kiros said:

You can disable Liquid Reservoirs to stop their output while keeping input open.

That is what the door trick is all about. By putting the resevoir on top of a mechanical door, you can then use automation signals sent to said door to enable/disable the resevoir, so you can control the flow of liquids going out without using pipes. This way because there's no piping involved once the resevoir contents is cleaned up there's no leftover germy water stuck somewhere that you need to take care of.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:12 AM, Kebra said:

Hello,

I am writting because i have a trouble trying to kill food poisoning germs in water. I tried to make a room with chlorine and a liquid reservoirs (following designs from other users) but it seems like the chlorine does not interact with my  liquid (pipes and reservoirs) and the desease doest not desapear. 

I tried to make and experiment with the sandbox mode and my chorine doesn't kill the germs. In the screen you can see the what im talking about, sorry its in spanish

There are 44,870 Germs.

Please, can you tell me what's happening?

image.thumb.png.cd183ee289e68fa86ea58c3803bb9c64.png

note: if the single packet is a barely visible or invisible packet of water. the entire reservoir will not receive the 100% Dead/Cycle i just realized this by mopping up my airflow tiles which had tiny droplets of water visible in the gas overlay however, invisible to the naked eye. before mopping germs were getting killed off at a rate of 3% per cycle from "Dying on Liquid" After Mopping the liquid they are now dying at 100% Dead/Cycle "Surrounded in Chlorine"

I'm using this way exlained in the wiki, after 50 cycles and a germ sensor pipe attached to an automated notifier, i can say not a single germ has passed.

Also you are not using a pipe germ sensor that one mesure it from the gas around the reservoir try the other one.

Edit sorry i think i misread your post i'm not exactly answering your question. I'm not familiar enough with the sandbox mode and debug mode but i've seen when i put a tile of vacuum somewhere then even if i fill the room with gasses the vacuum sucks them up and eat my gases. What i want to say is how have you put your germs in the chlorine in the first place ?

Using a pipe germ sensor and a liquid shutoff one tile offset might allow you to accomplish what you’re after. If you decide to try this out just have the output from the shutoff go to where you want your final sterile product to go, and then continue the piping past the white input in any direction other than towards the green output and then snake that pipe back around to the input for your liquid reservoir, you may want to pipe it through the green output of a liquid bridge so that the water recirculating back into the system takes priority over the new inflowing water. 

Archived