Paths that klei opens and we just follow [daydream]

Although many of us suggest many things, we only know what is possible when klei does this.

But these things are not essential to any rework.

When klei gave Wormwood and Wagstaff a tab. (I thought everyone could have one too, but it wasn't like that, although Wikerbotton has had one for a long time).

And when right-clicking was actually implemented with Wheeler and Wortox.

Now, Wendy can communicate with Abigail using the Flower. Will Maxwell command his puppets through the Codex Umbra?

Thoughts?

17 minutes ago, Wesbie said:

Will Maxwell command his puppets through the Codex Umbra?

Well it is not ruled out, if it works they could re-use the idea. Personally I wouldn't be against it, as long as they also bring new fun stuff to the shadows, new shadow magic, or entirely new shadows.

37 minutes ago, Wesbie said:

This could be the entire Maxwell rework in it of itself. so much nightmare fuel, flint, twigs, and time could be saved from not having to slap your minions in the face when you go near the decorative birch trees

Does this game play drastically different with a Keyboard and mouse as opposed to simply using a Controller?

People are saying to grab Abigails Flower and drag it over her to put her back into it.

Yeah that don’t work on Console, You press the Dpad while examining the flower to Summon Abigail, and THEN to put her back into her flower you actually need to be standing near Abigail and press the Return button on the Dpad while Examining the flower.

Which means... we Console players can not just simply Return Abigail into her Flower by dragging it over her ghost, we actually have to be right beside her which means if she’s Battling a large horde of Frog Rain, there is no way at ALL we can get close enough to Despawn or heal her without ending up Dead Center of that battle as Well.

And with your 1HP Wendy... let’s see how THAT is going to Work out for you aight?

Im really confused about this Wendy Rework to be honest- She’s supposed to be an easier character to play as then Wilson.. She’s Wendy’s Strengths are Relying on Abigail.

BUT with everyone going around on Lower HP so Abigail can always be useful, it seems she’s taken on less of a Easy mode character choice and more of a Experienced DS Player choice.

Which is just plain freaking odd.. where is Abigail and Wendy’s buffs for Dusk and Dark?? *Feels Comfortable in the Dark..*

From what I can tell so far- GONE! I have no idea why they’re rewarding players higher damage for going around being on the verge of dying.. It removes Wendy TOTALLY from the easier to play than Wilson category.

I understand that with Covid-19 causing them to have to work from home and no longer collectively at the office that obviously there’s going to be delays, missed marks.. etc.

And I have faith that they will eventually get everything sorted out and the majority of Wendy players will be happy.

I just hope that fixing and adjusting Wendy too much doesn’t take away time they could be working on She Sells Seashells Return of Them Update #4....

Because Wendy/Abigail could use some minor tweaks and buffs- but it’s nothing serious enough to need to further Delay the next large RoT update.

10 hours ago, Wesbie said:

What if Maxwell could equip the Codex Umbra and cast an aoe "Work this area" spell that would send a clone to complete whatever work is available in that small area. When all the work is completed the clone will come back and deduct a certain amount of durability from the Codex depending on how much work was done. When the Codex is depleted you could just refill it with nightmare fuel.

They already have the animation for holding books and casting AOE effects from the Forge so it would mostly just take programming the spell itself.

15 hours ago, ButterStuffed said:

What if Maxwell could equip the Codex Umbra and cast an aoe "Work this area" spell that would send a clone to complete whatever work is available in that small area. When all the work is completed the clone will come back and deduct a certain amount of durability from the Codex depending on how much work was done. When the Codex is depleted you could just refill it with nightmare fuel.

This is a very cool idea. Maybe the shadows would also carry back the result of the work (wood for an example) with them. Otherwise it could become tedious to have to run back and locate the material, gather it, and so forth. Maybe it would be too OP. Just a thought. 

18 hours ago, ButterStuffed said:

They already have the animation for holding books and casting AOE effects from the Forge so it would mostly just take programming the spell itself.

Anything that involves not having to throw your important items on the ground so other players can steal them away is a welcome change to Me.

Now I would understand that people hate how dumb maxwells shadow clones are but may I address the fact that unlike Abigail, the clones are just constructs of shadow they have no thought process of what their master dose, if maxwell kills a clone the others won’t fight it because unlike Abigail the clones aren’t real but a mere projection, but they could be a little more smarter

Z.jpeg

Archived