I have two doubts that maybe you can help me

the first is any of you use any programming logic if on your oni?
ex: if such a thing happens, it will trigger another

the second is, do you know any way to activate a timer, for example, after a condition is reached
ex: if door 1 and door 2 open, after 30 seconds send a green signal to that place

and the other is not a doubt in itself, but it is the reason for these thoughts, I wanted to create a silo for my rockets, but I wanted to make it automated, but I'm failing that, at most what I can do is leave a Signal Switch for when I click it to effect the conditions for the launch "open the doors, take out Gantry and etc"
would you care and show how is yours?

image.thumb.png.81320f2f9bfcfef93f14f4e9f0733f1b.png

there is room for two more on the side, but at the moment I didn’t think it was necessary to put them in, I just put the engine to know the gap xD

3 hours ago, Tytan said:

I have two doubts that maybe you can help me

the second is, do you know any way to activate a timer, for example, after a condition is reached
ex: if door 1 and door 2 open, after 30 seconds send a green signal to that place

and the other is not a doubt in itself, but it is the reason for these thoughts, I wanted to create a silo for my rockets, but I wanted to make it automated, but I'm failing that, at most what I can do is leave a Signal Switch for when I click it to effect the conditions for the launch "open the doors, take out Gantry and etc"
would you care and show how is yours?

image.thumb.png.81320f2f9bfcfef93f14f4e9f0733f1b.png

there is room for two more on the side, but at the moment I didn’t think it was necessary to put them in, I just put the engine to know the gap xD

I'm quite sure there is a lot of info on the subject. Just search ONI rocket automation on google. There are very basic ones that just keep relaunching the rocket as soon as cargo has been offloaded and tanks refuelled, taking care of opening/closing bunker doors and extending/retracting gantries. This assumes fuel is constantly available (stationary or circulating in the pipes).

Other more complicated ones activate the pumping of fuel only when necessary.

Even more complicated ones take into consideration meteor seasons, to avoid opening the doors in the middle of a shower on reentry. Other setups are tuned to avoid trips to planets when there aren't enough resources to fill the cargo module(s).

BTW, exploiting the exhaust from rockets seems have gained some popularity recently (maybe I should say again). Conserving fuel in that scenario makes no sense since the more you send rockets out, the more you gain (power, water).

If logic is the simplest one - there is no need for gate. If one end of the wire gets green, the second one will turn green as well. If you need signal to go only in one direction, you can use 2 NOT gates or 1 BUFFER gate with minimum delay set.

If (multiple conditions) - you can use AND or OR gates to bind together several if conditions. in your example you used and so AND gate would be better. please note - the doors do not send signal, just accept one.

Time delays - use buffer and filter gates to play with time. Buffer will send green signal X seconds after input gets red, filter need constant green signal for X seconds before it turns green.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:25 AM, Tytan said:

This is exactly what a wire do. If "something happens" then "turn on something"

If "temperature of liquid in pipe raise above 200" then "open valve"

There are Memory Cell to make it turned on even after starting condition changes.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:25 AM, Tytan said:

There are two elements for this. Buffer and Filter.

Buffer says "ignore negative condition for some time "

And filter says "ignore positive condition for some time"

For example, setting Filter with 30 seconds delay you will have a green signal only if input stays green for 30 second.

BUT. Fully automatic launch is one of the hardest tasks in this game. Too many conditions. Do you need launch if there are not enough power to open doors? Do you check for amount of unloaded goods to stop after planet depletes? How you detect rocket on a way back in storm, if doors closed and scanners have 0 scan strength? Do you have hierarchy of rockets, if you produce not enough liquid hydrogen to fuel all of them? Etc. etc. etc.

BTW, one of ways to detect for "bunker door is open" is to put only them and smart battery on power grid, and check wattage of this grid: Door signal is green AND battery signal is green AND wattage is below 1

Archived