Can you find a use for bottled magma?

Hi, playing around with Sweepy I figured one can use these to sweep magma if it's made out of steel (also, an easy way to force the robot itself' materials would be cool). 

As such, I designed a magma sweeping room around a volcano and have my hands on tons of bottles of it.

I'm a bit sad conveyors can't move bottles of liquid but I'm sure you guys can find a good use for it.

What system could use an easy relocation of magma through bottle emptiers? Or even forcing dupes to drop 1700°C bottles on a specific spot.

Thanks for your insight.

28 minutes ago, DonDegow said:

Or even forcing dupes to drop 1700°C bottles on a specific spot.

Have the dupe deliver the magma to a bottle emptier. Have the emptier behind a door. Hook the door up with some automation to block the dupe's path when/where you want the bottle dropped (Take automation's delay into account).
You can do it manually (switch) or use sensors (dupe, weight,...). 

1 hour ago, Ambaire said:

What happens if magma in a bottle cools below its freezing point? Can you put it in a bottle emptier and chunks of igneous rock come out?

Not sure about actual build, but anno 18 it worked that way, when i can remember right. ^^

I've been looking for a way to free ph20 bottles from sweepy's clutches so that sweepy can participate in overpressuring my entire base in pO2 and killing everyone (they called sweepy useless!)

Sadly, dupes and sweepies seem like the only things willing to pick up bottles, so it's gonna take some awkward sweepy destruction to actually make it happen dupe-free.

I built this Sweepy volcano tamer thanks to your input Oozinator.

The whole system after an eruption, the multiple bottles emptier allows for dupes to empty the whole docking station in one trip :

Spoiler

20200309234454_1.thumb.jpg.d9a436ce0536bc1b6dd022e60d918e43.jpg

Automation is quite dense; disconnects the chamber when too hot, drops the magma bottles when too cold and allows a new batch to come in:

Spoiler

20200309223138_1.thumb.jpg.11d749b6429cb7829e78371ca9bf315e.jpg

NB : I don't use the <140°C magma bottles for now, they just sit in vacuum below the drop.

It definitely can be condensed and improved but I'm quite pleased with its current state.

Edit : now that I think about it, there probably is also a use for supercooled bottled liquids, having 0 K "liquid" water, what's that good for?

9 hours ago, Ambaire said:

Not 'bottled', but what about supercooled canned gases? Could be a way to convert gases to liquids without the fiddly 10% packet sizes or crazy contraptions.

It can work for any of those tasks, but:

Much of micro, to collect "used" cans/bottles, but now we have Swoopeye.
@DonDegow Swoopeye does collect bottles, yep cans too, just tested!
The more bottles / cans you drop on one tile, lowers efficiency.
For a petrol boiler it works superb and i hope that Klei do not change that game mechanic.
Edit:
When you use powered doors, with similar distances, it works well.
Dupe walk on pressure plate, canister emptier - change state (missing tile) - errand canceled.
Bottle/can dropped, dwarfling is not falling down.
Then Swoopeye collects dropped stuff.
I limit access to only one dupe, no automation setup (only doors open/close), no fail
New horizont opens up for manual slavery heater/cooler systemsz!
swooppy.thumb.PNG.46231cc5bb0a245aa7b51d92884a9e98.PNG

Disabling the emptiers instead of blocking the path to it is quite neat!

I have troubles seeing the point of moving bottles with Sweepy though...

How well does the docking station transfer heat with its content?

21 minutes ago, DonDegow said:

How well does the docking station transfer heat with its content?

Even if it does, easy to run a cooling line through it.

I would place swoopeyes dock, outside of boiling room and automate a door, for swoopeye access.

21 minutes ago, DonDegow said:

I have troubles seeing the point of moving bottles with Sweepy though...

More of a "because i can"! ^^

Archived