Antlion and orange gem

Hi there, I was in my game and summer arrives and the first thing that comes to mind was "i should kill antlion before it starts to make 43476 silkholes arround my base"but then i though "i will kill him to prevent this but what a waste of time for such loot (that its cool if you play with friends (you save a lot of purple gems)". What if antlion gives also an orange gem? This will make him a litle more worth and that gem isnt as good as yellow and green, also the recipe he gives needs it.

More HP could be fun because antlions fight its unique and you only can beat him 1 time per year. Ok, he has a lot of damage and same HP as Deerclops but he is hitten more often and you go to kill him when you think you are ready. 

Just to spicy a little this awesome mob

7 minutes ago, Well-met said:

No. This would indirectly undermine DF's loot.

for 1 gem? she gives green and yellow, with only that its worth. DF has one of the best loots in the game so i dont see the problem. But for solo players, antlion only gives a few meat and trinkets... and you loose 1 thermal stone

35 minutes ago, Well-met said:

What about how the Malbatross always drops blue gems and has a chance to drop a yellow gem? Two bosses can drop the same generic item, it's not like anyone is going to stop killing Dragonfly entirely just because the Antlion drops one (1) orange gem.

44 minutes ago, Well-met said:

A simple low drop rate can fix that, or sinister's awesome idea, a special condition met

Just now, Easonade said:

But other than lazy deserter, you only need orange gems for explorers and foragers, and the needs for both of them can usually be satisfied from the ruins unless you are truly unlucky

Yes, but still being more than just meat and some trinkets. Its a crazy buff but its usefull

1 minute ago, thetricker1 said:

Yes, but still being more than just meat and some trinkets. Its a crazy buff but its usefull

Perhaps--while it wouldn't be alluring for me personally, I guess it will motivate some part of the player base to go kill it?

25 minutes ago, Easonade said:

Perhaps--while it wouldn't be alluring for me personally, I guess it will motivate some part of the player base to go kill it?

srly i enjoy the fight but wasting a thermal stone for a few minutos fight and having this loot (dont missunderstand me, i think that lazy deserter its a cool tool with cool animation and mechanic but for solo... (le me slave a pig to activated it xD))... unless its a thermal ston-orange gem change

Love the idea. Killing Antlion after getting the blueprint is basically only for avoiding the sinkhole and that's not much of a reward. The blueprint is useless after the first one or two. I have way to many sandstones and the amount of meat/trinkets it drops is sad. A single orange gem would be a perfect balance imo.

I don't think this would take away from DF at all. DF drops a lot of good gems as well as scales. 

2 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

I'd rather have it drop a blueprint that can't be obtained by trading. Maybe it would drop a blueprint for orange gem (made of sand stones) and reside in Refine tab so you can refine impure orange gems into pure ones?

That would be pretty neat too. That would make trading with the antlion more worthwhile after you've gotten the blueprint to refine them.

Archived