Merm King and the new sea fishes

3 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

There has to be another trader for fish like Yarrctopus, it makes no sense that merm king accepts fish when merms themselves are vegetarians.

I think Merms canonically like to keep fish for pets. Putting the fish they drop into a scale-o-matic shows that they were caught by them.

Also, I think both the Merm King and Pig King should give better rewards for ocean fish. Pig King in particular already gives a better reward for the previously rarest fish in the game (the eel). It makes no sense now that you can give him one of these little demons:

image.png.bda7ec44b0c2c6829d730905307f643c.png

And he'll throw this at you in return:

image.png.774cd53f03f9257c58414e7b1b069dd5.png

If I had it my way, small fish would be worth 1 gold, deep bass would be worth 2 gold, mudfish and koi would be worth 3, black catfish would be worth 4 and dandy lionfish would be worth 5.

4 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

If they use fish as pets, why don't they have fish tanks for fish? It's not like fish could stay alive outside of water for too long and merms are living on the surface.

Those poor things can't even build their own homes,why do you think they can afford fish tanks?

Also,they can just set their pet fish free when it's almost dying and replace it with another fish.

26 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Those poor things can't even build their own homes,why do you think they can afford fish tanks?

To keep their pets alive maybe? Otherwise they'd be terrible pet keepers.

26 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Also,they can just set their pet fish free when it's almost dying and replace it with another fish.

Argh, didn't think of that. I guess I don't have much experience yet at explaining contradictive design. So many pets to release back to the water for immobile merm king. I wonder if poor self-proclaimed royalty will ever realize that awarding for returning fish to the wild through him doesn't really help them much.

Merm logic: let's keep this fish as pet outside of its natural environment for joy. Oh, it's dying - its skin almost dried off and most of their internal organs are failing to function. I guess I'd better release this fish back to where I caught it for it to live few more days until it dies agonizing death and catch myself a new one to torture keep as a pet.

44 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

To keep their pets alive maybe? Otherwise they'd be terrible pet keepers.

And what's your point? They still keep fish as pets anyways,and your argument doesn't disprove that fact. Also,merms do live nearby ponds and the ocean,so making a fish tank is unnecessary.

44 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

Merm logic: let's keep this fish as pet outside of its natural environment for joy. Oh, it's dying - its skin almost dried off and most of their internal organs are failing to function. I guess I'd better release this fish back to where I caught it for it to live few more days until it dies agonizing death and catch myself a new one to torture keep as a pet.

Oh ho,and there's some cool news for you,Constant's fish are WAY more resistant and regenerative than our world's fish,'cause you can have a fish go from 1% freshness back to 100% by using the Tin Fishin' Bin,which is just a small fish jail that can be only put on boats.

Screenshot_1215.png.30ae2b8d838f93781bc25029e415972a.png

Archived