[Experimental Update] - 390283

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters!

This is a fun update - you can now play through the entirety of Sal's story! (I also added a way to skip ahead to the last day with a random deck in the experiments). Thanks for testing the auction over night! We've analyzed the results, and made some changes to the balance.

• Enabled Sal day 5 - you can now complete Sal's story with your own decks
  • Added two new experiments that jump you to the start of day 5 (one for each partner faction). 
  • Added lots of new tooltips for the auction arguments
  • If Nadan/Oolo is alive and doesn't hate you in the Kashio fight, they will help out (with a special summon card)
  • The auctioneer gives you a "bid" card every turn, so that you can use your money in the auction.
  • Auction items have significantly more resolve (and are tiered based on their power level)
  • Kashio's holograms now dissipate when they take damage (not just on-hit)

View full update

• Thanks 3

Awesome! :D Will try it when I get a moment.

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Kashio's holograms now dissipate when they take damage (not just on-hit)

There's still a way to tell which one is the real one. It's always the first one to attack on the UI. Try mixing it up :p

5 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Auction items have significantly more resolve (and are tiered based on their power level)

Oh, I thought that had already been implemented. I was going to ask about it, since I was very confused by what the game appeared to think their power level was. I guess it was just random so far.

• Developer

Just pushed some misc crash/flow/typo fixes. Thank you for all of the reports!

Haven't addressed everything reported yet - just the quick and easy stuff. We'll do a thorough pass on Monday with the whole pile.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Kevin said:

Auction items have significantly more resolve (and are tiered based on their power level)

I don't know if it's already the case, but auction items should come into the auction block in order of power. Good negotiation decks can output obscene amounts of damage very quickly, but they're usually not that good at withstanding continued high levels of damage, because that's currently very rare in the campaign (only Sprees, but those negotiations are very short). Bumping Blast Chamber from 30 resolve to 50 or so won't deter good negotiation decks much, but forcing the player to wait until turn 4 to start attacking it definitely will.

I find the auction to be a nice way to help "balance" the artifacts and reward people that invest in their negotiation skills. In fact, I kinda wish we could get multiple artifacts via the auction, instead of just getting one "for free".

That being said, I still think most of the grafts need a buff. For example, you seem well aware from your metrics that Macrorasp is possibly the scariest buff for Kashio (even after the latest nerf), yet with Sal's graft slots being so limited, even if you get it you're better off just throwing it away. It would be more fun/interesting if instead of just choosing which artifact to get to weaken Kashio the most (which is where we're at right now), we also had to balance that out against which one will make Sal the strongest. 

EDIT: One more thing: when Kashio gets the power glaive, she spends her first turn just grabbing it. It seems like it's the only artifact that makes her waste a turn. Is it intentional? Especially given that the glaive doesn't give her much of a power boost, it almost feels like letting her keep it is actually nerfing her. (idea: make it so Kashio's attacks only apply 2 wound or 1 exposed, and it's using the glaive that boosts those numbers to 3 wound and 2 exposed).

On a different note altogether, the part where "the lumin tank under the deck explodes, lights go out, the place looks trashed" is very very confusing. What happened? Why? Who did it? Why was there even a lumin tank under the auction floor, that seems like a huge Occupational Health and Safety violation lawsuit waiting to happen.

Edited by pacovf

• Developer

Just pushed a couple more fixes (typos and the negative defense bug if you had a lot of banes).

Apologies to the person who made it all of the way to Kashio with a deck that's capable of beating her on the first turn, and then crashed when destroying a hologram. Not sure what's up with that one yet :)

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Apologies to the person who made it all of the way to Kashio with a deck that's capable of beating her on the first turn, and then crashed when destroying a hologram.

Wasnt me but I feel for this guy.

• Developer
11 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

The game keeps freezing for some reason. Usually during combat when an enemy is targeted, but not always. The game froze when I played "execute" or "call oolo".

Temporarily or permanently? 

• Developer

Oh man, yeah. I see the problem now. One of the "fixes" I put in earlier today wasn't so much a fix as an instance of "make the game not work in any case other than the one I tested".

I just pushed a for-real-this-time-I-swear (probably?) fix for "fix" and for the original problem. Should be live in 20 minutes or so.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Kevin said:

Apologies to the person who made it all of the way to Kashio with a deck that's capable of beating her on the first turn, and then crashed when destroying a hologram. Not sure what's up with that one yet

Oh hey I think that was me. Turns out applying 5 Wound on first attack + tripled wound effectiveness + muscle bank + discharge destroys everything in the game.

Since multi-hit attacks apply the wound from Wounding Barbs on each hit, Discharge applies around 9*5 = 45 Wound, and with tripled effectiveness, all attacks deal 135 more base damage.

Edited by ArtixBot
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Developer
59 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

Also the kashio that hates you is different from the one that you actually attack.

image.png

Wow! Good find! There ARE two kashios running around in everyone's games. I'll figure that one out next.

• Thanks 2