So I was on the DS/T discord being bored and I had an idea for a forum post in what biomes you would want to see come from the Return of Them updates (assuming Klei IS adding more islands into the ocean).  The only idea I could think of I'd a volcano biome so I'd love to hear what new biomes you guys have/can come up with (can also be biomes in the water and not just islands).

You can find my idea for this over here-

I posted it in the Suggestions section of the forums though.

Edit- Also Isn’t a Biome of land out in the Water regardless of How BIG or Small it is.. still technically considered to be an Island? Unless I’m Misunderstanding. 

I believe most future additional Islands (different from fallen Lunar Fragments on Constant's ocean) could be linked with heavy tides/tsunami effects caused by said Moon chunk's impact, namely freshly unearthed seabed: Rocky accretion land-masses, Beaches, and Tidal Marshes. With appropriate Flora and Fauna, perhaps influenced by "Moon" mutagenic properties (hybrids) - benthonic-looking mobs come to mind: shellfishes, molluscs, Lovecraftian abysmals for starters.

Then there could be a few distant supposedly already-existing Isles (before Lunar Fragment's fall), now accessible via seafaring: these could be anything in the range of Constant's theoretical Temperate-oceanic Climate. Don't think past (and discarded) concepts like a Tesla Island-biome could make a comeback, yet such ideas could pop-up in different/reinvented iterations. Maybe some Northern sub-arctic biome-island, possibly a Southern subtropical archipelago (with few SW-like mob-variants - this would also quench a bit the so-many forumite voices asking for Shipwrecked's implementation), even some form of igneous biotope.

Who knows.. I for one hope for at least 2 more types of new Islands out there on the Ocean and still keep my hopes high :)

Also a Moon Cave! *big thumbs-up*

I was thinking of making my own thread about some island ideas, but I'll just hijack this one and call it a day.

- What if there were islands that ran on their own seasons separate from the main island? One island could just be stuck in Spring non-stop, while another could be stuck in Autumn. Of course, in finding these islands, they'll have their own special mobs and drawbacks to stop people from just going, "Hey, let's find the Autumn island, it should be easy to live there forever." Or come up with new seasons/weather effects to use on specialized islands. I'll be the first to admit it would probably be a nightmare to implement, though.

- More islands with more effects on sanity or some other stat. I'll state a bad idea here. What if an island had an effect where, the hungrier you are, the slower you become? However, the opposite would be true, and having the hunger meter at full would make you move faster, but not to some insane degree. The islands should, of course, have something like a reward or resource that is equivalent to the amount of hassle needed to put up with such effects, or something fair as a trade-off.

- And of course, more islands with mobs that you can't find on the mainland, along with resources and whatnot.

I would also just really want an island that I can make my own, eking out a living and making a sick base while I was at it.

Archived