Klei 2020 Roadmap (Fanmade) - What do you want & expect in 2020?

On 5.01.2020 at 12:54 AM, Mike23Ua said:

I want Webber to be able to sleep inside a Tier 3 Spider Nest like it’s a Tent, Sleeping in a Tier 3 Nest would function just like the Tent except... Once slept in they Downgrade back to Tier 2 

this does several things actually.. it keeps the Nests Webber’s place near non-Webber players from becoming Tier 3 Spider-Queens, and it makes his quote of “Looks Cozy in There.” Make sense.

Secondly I would make ALL Beefalo always hostile Towards Webber (Like they’re constantly in Mating Season) the Reason for this is I would remove Webber’s ability to tame or Interact with Beefalo & Instead I would make it so that he can tame and ride Spider Queens as his personal Beefalo type Mount.

Make Silk useable as a Fire Source.. His Comments about Grass seem to suggest this was on Klei’s To Do List and for some reason or another got scrapped.

Webber should also not be able to sleep at Night, only Day (just like how all the other Spiders behave)

Lastly the final thing I Want for Webber is a bit far fetched... but boy would it be cool as hell! His own unique personal type of Water Balloon like Throwable item- only he can craft but ANYONE can use.

Corrosive Sticky Web Balloons. Crafting Ingredients 1 Balloon, 4 Silk, 2 Spiders Venom. 

(because uhh yeah I want that to be a thing.)

Thats about all the Ideas I’ve got for Webber I guess. :( 

Those are really good ideas, i like those.

My road map would go something like this I guess?? (Figured i would get mine in before Klei releases the REAL THING..)

Coming towards the end of January: we will be releasing our next character Refresh WENDY We will release Wendy’s Rework the way we feel she should needs to be and then based off the Majority of all our fan feedback we will Rework her accordingly. After all Woodie’s Rework wouldn’t be as awesome as it is today without your feedback.

——————————

Along side Wendy’s Rework we are excited to announce that Warlys Introduction into Don’t Starve Together was meet with wide praise and you guys wanted us to bring over the rest of Shipwrecked and Hamlets playable characters and so after much debate we have decided that we will slowly be bringing every single last one of them into the game over the course of 2020 starting with WALANI.

Walani will be Reworked to better suit Starving together gameplay, now Walani can have another player board her surfboard with her, the second player aboard the Surfboard will have access to a brand new Walani exclusive feature- Pike Fishing. 

So in short.. Walani will do the steering of the Surfboard while the second player can spear the water and easily catch fish, But what good is a Chill Surfer Gal without some new moves? Walani will now be able to craft Surfboards not just for herself.. but for all her friends to ride as Well, Surfs Up Mah Dudes!

——————————

The next big Return of Them Beta Branch will be titled Sea’s the Knight- We will be adding some new set pieces to the open waters of DST complete with Floaty Boaty Knights to do battle with and an Epic new boss fight with a brand new Insanity beast.. dare you go fully insane? As the title of this update Suggests you will need to Sail the Sea to find a very specific special Clockwork Knight, Capture it and then take it to a specific location.. you can expect new biomes, new mobs, and new craftable items with this update. You guys wanted Boat Lanterns and Cannons & your going to get Em.

———————————

Then in February we will be updating the Klei Rewards program with some new rewards as well as some old ones you may have missed. Because it’s the season of love & we love you!

———————————

In March we will reveal the final DLC character Exclusive to DST, we aren’t quite ready to reveal details about this just yet.. but expect to be able to befriend and live amongst another of the games mobs.

March Will also bring the upcoming Webber Rework, As well as Wilba being ported over from Hamlet.

The March update will be titled: Friends Lost At Sea A new DLC character who can befriend Mobs, Wilba who can Befriend Pigmen, and Webber befriends Spiders. And YES we heard all your cries for placeable hats on Spiders that will be included as part of his refresh.

In addition to these 3 we will be Reworking Critters Dens and making them more than just crying mouths to feed, Expect stuff like Vargling to assit In Hunts and KittyKit to catch Birds for you!

———————————

Sometime this year We will be adding some new world gen customization options as well for players wanting an Archipelago style world generation.

———————————

And before 2020 comes to a close we hope to have the Gorge and Forge added to the game as permanent content that can be played even when the actual events are out of season, similar to how you can still host Hallowed Nights or Winters Feast in the middle of July.. PC already has access to this with the Regorgitated & Forge Mods, we felt it was only fair to bring that same content over to the Consoles.

——————————

Thats all we have to share for now, check back through out the year for updates on what else we have in store!

Here is a specific quote from JoeW (I think, I can't remember the exact developer) This quote was from Thursday or Friday last week.

We usually regroup a bit at the top of the year, figure out what we want to get done for the year coming up. That takes a little bit of time for us to settle into something we're sure of enough to publicly commit to. But yeah, we should have a roadmap here in the next couple weeks probably

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Then in February we will be updating the Klei Rewards program with some new rewards as well as some old ones you may have missed. Because it’s the season of love & we love you!

From Nome: On The Klei Rewards Program Page Responding to a Commenter:

Sorry about that. My team had a lot of sicknesses, a car accident, some shuffling of who was doing which project, and a few projects that turned out to be more work than anticipated. Everyone is fine but we're running a little slower than we were planning on. More rewards stuff is definitely coming but not in the very short term (very unlikely to be this calendar year).

Once again, really sorry about the delays! Keep the suggestions coming folks, we do read them

6 hours ago, GetRektKids said:

Here is a specific quote from JoeW (I think, I can't remember the exact developer) This quote was from Thursday or Friday last week.

We usually regroup a bit at the top of the year, figure out what we want to get done for the year coming up. That takes a little bit of time for us to settle into something we're sure of enough to publicly commit to. But yeah, we should have a roadmap here in the next couple weeks probably

From Nome: On The Klei Rewards Program Page Responding to a Commenter:

Sorry about that. My team had a lot of sicknesses, a car accident, some shuffling of who was doing which project, and a few projects that turned out to be more work than anticipated. Everyone is fine but we're running a little slower than we were planning on. More rewards stuff is definitely coming but not in the very short term (very unlikely to be this calendar year).

Once again, really sorry about the delays! Keep the suggestions coming folks, we do read them

I know bro.. I think your kinda missing the point of a Fanmade up roadmap.

This is all 100% fake and not in any way intended to be accurate.

Archived