using sunlight lamp for gas grass?

Tame moo outputs 16.67 g/s of natgas, which translates to ~148W, excluding pumping cost. It would need about 3 sunlit, tame gas grasses for full output. If we omit the need to replenish moos from space, liquefy and pump chlorine and groom them, they're slightly better than solar panels.

If we don't omit the above, farming moos falls somewhere between "not worth the effort" and "genuinely useless".

7 hours ago, Neotuck said:

I have never seen an effective gassy moo ranch yet, i find solar panels to be a much better use for sunlight  

My thought as well... wanted to confirm. Hope Klei balance the game a bit more to make certain stuff at least situationally useful.

Currently, there are just some stuff that are implemented but have no real use (another example is ore scrubber).

32 minutes ago, psusi said:

Oh weird... I guess I didn't read the fine print.  Seems like it's not worth the bother then.  Unless... how many shine bugs does it take to make that much lux?

I don't know the number, but it's more than what you need to run solar panels

Archived