What the heck?

So i was chopping down trees minding my own business when suddenly this "Tree guard" popped up and slowly walked towards me, Now being me with 100% log armor and a spike stick i tried killing it with no success, So i tried using a axe... Still no success. And keep in mind that last nighthttp://forums.kleientertainment.com/images/icons/icon9.png my camp was ambushed by two werewolves that almost killed me.

Btw, im sorry about how small the screenshot is, it kept saying i went over my quota so i had to shrink

post-1166-13764589361964_thumb.jpg

He sees your axe... he knows you've been naughty!

When a treeguard caught me chopping down trees it chased me around my campfire all night. I returned the favor by cutting down every tree on that island, never replanting any pinecones... and just leaving the logs behind as a grim reminder.

Then I went off to hunt down and kill more cute & cuddly rabbits.

He sees your axe... he knows you've been naughty!

When a treeguard caught me chopping down trees it chased me around my campfire all night. I returned the favor by cutting down every tree on that island, never replanting any pinecones... and just leaving the logs behind as a grim reminder.

Then I went off to hunt down and kill more cute & cuddly rabbits.

Like a real man.

if I am way outside my usually woodcutting grounds, I just ignore them and go my way, after a while, they seem to just despawn, or return into tree form for that matter. else, as already mentioned, just plant some new trees or play the flute, you might want to drag him to a place you don't go for cutting wood first, in case he spawned near your camp.

To actually answer your question Nickdy, the tree guards are just really difficult to kill. But never fear there's an easier way to subdue them, just plant a bunch of pine cones near him and he will turn into a tree.

So that's what my treeguard was doing! I tried planting pinecones, and it stopped chasing me. I thought it was going to ambush me... I needed the logs! So, I eventually killed it. Took forever. Like, 100 hits. Now I know.

But, yeah, OP, I used an axe to kill mine. I have no idea if anything kills it faster, but i'd recommend either luring it to a place where you won't cut down any trees, and plant cones to calm it down, thus keeping it far away, or kill it slowly. You get a bunch of logs and a piece of meat.

the problem is not that they are hard to kill, the problem is that it takes ages. their attack speed is not much faster than the attack speed of a normal tree, but they have a ton of health it seems.

anyway, what I actually wanted to say was, that I always thought they can ony spawn out of huge trees, but I just got attacked by a treeguard spawned out of a middle high tree, the kind that only takes 10 hits with an axe. The treeguard himself was only half the size of the ones spawning out of a huge tree, was kinda cute, I parked him near a huge treeguard, guess when I am bored, I will compare their health and see if they have the same health, although one is smaller.

the problem is not that they are hard to kill, the problem is that it takes ages. their attack speed is not much faster than the attack speed of a normal tree, but they have a ton of health it seems.

anyway, what I actually wanted to say was, that I always thought they can ony spawn out of huge trees, but I just got attacked by a treeguard spawned out of a middle high tree, the kind that only takes 10 hits with an axe. The treeguard himself was only half the size of the ones spawning out of a huge tree, was kinda cute, I parked him near a huge treeguard, guess when I am bored, I will compare their health and see if they have the same health, although one is smaller.

Burn it up before start smashing.