Statue/Fossil Cage Question

Neither will work on mobs that smash things (like Deerclops or Bearger), but you can use densely-placed lureplants for the same effect. If your project involves caging Bearger, you might want to be a bit careful with your placement, since "non-traditional" walls like this don't play nice with unloading. I'd recommend keeping them in a corner that you only ever approach from one direction, so that there's no chance of them escaping.
unknown.png

You can do the lureplants while he is hibernating in the winter, spring or summer. 

Imo  I just leave the beager alone in a place there is no danger of him destroying anything.  Then I know where he is and he does not spawn randomly.

If what you are trying to achieve is preventing bearger from causing damage to the world, build telelocator focus on one of small lunar islands and teleport bearger here. No harm will be done to him and he'll be unable to do any harm no anything. Also, if there's already alive bearger in the world, new one won't spawn, which means one less giant to deal with.

33 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

Is the same true for Deerclops? Cause Bearger is at least useful for tree management, Deerclops, on the other hand, could use a moon island exile.

It won’t work. Deerclops despawns naturally in spring, and because of how it works you will actually get it very early in the next year (around 3 days)

Also, is there a reason to warp Deerclops? The eye is exceptionally valuable, especially for eyebrellas.

Deerclop despawn so no you can't .... And HE LOOT EYEBALL . If i could spawn 4 deerclop a year I would be an happy wolfgang

1 minute ago, Maxil20 said:

It won’t work. Deerclops despawns naturally in spring, and because of how it works you will actually get it very early in the next year (around 3 days)

Also, is there a reason to warp Deerclops? The eye is exceptionally valuable, especially for eyebrellas.

I think you miss-spelled " houndius shootius " 

2 minutes ago, Frodeur said:

True, but it’s not very often you get to the point where you can reliably bulk craft those and to the point where the eyeballs and not the horns are the catch. In solo worlds I can only think of a few others that are not you or me that could sustain that : P

56 minutes ago, Frodeur said:

( even if my world is already clutered with Houndius ) .

Your world has so many houndius that we should eventually make an intervention :wilson_ecstatic:

Spoiler

"We need to talk about your eyes hoarding problem..."

intervention.jpg.13d5524c3aeaaf429a431be1261b9554.jpg

1 hour ago, Maxil20 said:

Deerclops despawns naturally in spring

Maybe we can glitch it to stay, like the moslings, I haven't tried though.

23 hours ago, Frodeur said:

Deerclop despawn so no you can't .... And HE LOOT EYEBALL . If i could spawn 4 deerclop a year I would be an happy wolfgang

I play solo so I only need 1 eyebrella ;P I thought about warping him away so he leaves me alone and doesn't threaten my base baby in case I don't notice he's coming :D

11 minutes ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

Typically they don't despawn if they are still on screen. Can ocuvigils keep him loaded? I don't know exactly how they work with respect to mob loading, so I'm just curious.

Ocuvigils don't actually load anything, they just update the map in that area.

Archived