A problem with the festive tree

I have a lot of full decorated festive trees and i am always getting bad items(a food + charcoal) no matter how many days i take to sleep

I know that the limit is 4 days and i am waiting a lot more than that and i still get a food + charcoal

i don't know what is wrong with the tree, i just got good items for the first sleep and then i can't get anything good

I thought it was a topic about the fact that every Tree drops only one gift per night, which means that if 2 players sleep at the same tree, only the first player will get their gift.

About your problem: Maybe you have a not fully decorated tree next to the other trees which spawns in your present? That one tree can trigger your gift counter and forces all the other trees to drop a naughty gift? Or you didn't realize that one of the trees dropped your good gift.

16 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

I thought it was a topic about the fact that every Tree drops only one gift per night, which means that if 2 players sleep at the same tree, only the first player will get their gift.

About your problem: Maybe you have a not fully decorated tree next to the other trees which spawns in your present? That one tree can trigger your gift counter and forces all the other trees to drop a naughty gift? Or you didn't realize that one of the trees dropped your good gift.

I am sleeping alone and i don't think that is my problem since when i finish a new full decorated tree, wait fivedays, and sleep, only the ''new'' tree gives good stuff

but after that, the ''new'' tree only gives bad stuff like the others

Yeah, I got upset too once I found out that it was nerfed and you can't get more than 1 nice gift per 4 days no matter how many trees are around. It was fun while it lasted, having chests and chests full of stuff that you'll most likely never use.

Also, if you want the best content in that nice gift, either have 1 tree fully decorated and other completely empty so they can't spawn gifts, or all of them in proximity fully decorated, because fully decorated trees don't have priority over partially decorated ones of being first to spawn a nice gift.

So, according to the replies here, you actually get nice gifts just like it's intended, but the only bug you see is the fact, that you don't get multiple nice gifts from multiple fully decorated trees, like 2 years ago!

Last year, the exploit to get a nice gift from each tree has been removed: You can't sleep anymore on multiple trees to celebrate christmas multiple times. In other words: The gift timer was moved from the trees to each player. As an exchange, the gift timer won't reset anymore if you get a bad gift from sleeping.

1 minute ago, Rellimarual said:

So it just needs to be fully decorated, whether with baubles or free food items?

Yes:

if fully_decorated then
	table.insert(loot, { prefab = weighted_random_choice(random_gift2) })
else
	table.insert(loot, { prefab = PickRandomTrinket() })
end

random_gift2 are in this case the best gifts you can get.

8 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

Yeah, I got upset too once I found out that it was nerfed and you can't get more than 1 nice gift per 4 days no matter how many trees are around. It was fun while it lasted, having chests and chests full of stuff that you'll most likely never use.

Also, if you want the best content in that nice gift, either have 1 tree fully decorated and other completely empty so they can't spawn gifts, or all of them in proximity fully decorated, because fully decorated trees don't have priority over partially decorated ones of being first to spawn a nice gift.

Glad drop know it doesn't matter how many trees you have. O well. My second tree looks nice anyway.
Also for some reason I thought it was every 7 days, not 4. Also, is this on a per player basis? Or is it 1 gift total per 4 days?

20 minutes ago, X-lem said:

Also, is this on a per player basis? Or is it 1 gift total per 4 days?

Every player gets 1 gift every 4 days, so with 8 players you can get up to 2 gifts per day. Swapping your character allows you to get another good gift without the need to wait 4 more days.

4 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Every player gets 1 gift every 4 days, so with 8 players you can get up to 2 gifts per day. Swapping your character allows you to get another good gift without the need to wait 4 more days.

Awesome! Honestly most of the gifts I don't need on my endless server, but extra gems and tamo shanters are always welcome :D

15 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

How do you get 8 players?? lol mine only goes to 6, I’m assuming due to Xbox hardware limitations.. but uhh now I got to ask wouldn’t having more players just make things like boss fights and likes much easier?

Archived