Can I get back my 1350 spools because I weaved the wrong item?

(SOLVED)

Hello guys. This is my first time on forums. If I'm doing something wrong please forgive me. I have to warn you that my English is actually bad but I don't want to use translator. I hope you guys can understand me. Yesterday I bought Snowfallen Collection. I discard some of my new skins to weave elegant spear skin. But I didn't know Battle Spear is unique for Wigfrid. I like her but I don't play with her. I only play with Wolfgang. I love his play style. If I knew, I wouldn't do that. I just want to have Spear skin. I sent a message to Klei Support but they didn't answered me yet. I can understand they can be busy but what do you think guys? You think they can take my Ultimate Spear and give me my 1350 spool back? I'm really sorry because I wasn't pay enough attention. I never saw "BATTLE SPEAR". That's why I thought it's just a normal spear. I never played with Wigfrid. I didn't know anything about her unique spear. 

While it sucks that you had went through this, I don't think klei has anything they can do about it. Ypu made concious choice to weave that item of your own volition. While it might be a bit mean, there is also no terms for misleading conduct as the skin clearly states what it is reskinning underneath it.

It does not take very long to gather spools in this game, you will get back 1300 in less than a month, A dev might be able to assist you, I don’t know for sure BUT!!

You should totally play as Wigfrid, she is Overpowered.. and by that I mean she regains health and sanity by stabbing things in the face with her special Battle Spear.

Her ability to only eat meat is a non-issue too because all you need to do is throw one meat or Monster Meat into a cooking pot + 3 other completely random ingredients to make MEATBALLS. Wigfrid can live off Meatballs for Eternity. 

Laughably Easy Meatballs Recipe= 1 Monster Meat + 3 Ice

On 16.12.2019 at 7:22 PM, Frashaw27 said:

While it sucks that you had went through this, I don't think klei has anything they can do about it. Ypu made concious choice to weave that item of your own volition. While it might be a bit mean, there is also no terms for misleading conduct as the skin clearly states what it is reskinning underneath it.

like I said I didn't know it was for Wigfrid. I thought it says Battle Spear there but not on Spiral Spear because you can use that skin for 3 different item. If I knew it was unique I wouldn't do that and I would buy Spiral Spear instead.

On 17.12.2019 at 12:01 AM, Lbphero said:

While i dont think wigfrid is as powerful as wolfgang i encourage that you play different characters in this game. It's more interesting to play as a variety of characters rather than just one.

I agree that part "It's more interesting to play as a variety of characters rather than just one." I played with Wilson, Woodie and Wolfgang and I saw other characters. Wilson's stats are balanced and I love his beard. I think it's so cool. :D To be honest I didn't like others characters that much and I don't want force myself to play Wigfrid just because I made that mistake. 

Thank you so much to all of you because of your answers. I hope they will give me 1350 spool. I feel like I wasted my money. 

17 hours ago, Maxenite said:

like I said I didn't know it was for Wigfrid. I thought it says Battle Spear there but not on Spiral Spear because you can use that skin for 3 different item. If I knew it was unique I wouldn't do that and I would buy Spiral Spear instea

There is still no case because you still weaved it on your own choice. You weren't forced, mislead, or impersonated into weaving the item. You can claim ignorence all you want but they still don't have to anything because you didn't notice obvious information. Its like buying a candy bar with nuts in it and trying to get a refund because you don't like candy with nuts in it. They don't need to offer you a refund because you missed some obvious information and thus we told about its contents before you made that purchase.

Klei could undo your mistake, but if they do, it's because they're being nice to you, not because they're obligated to. This isn't anyone else's fault and you didn't lose anything that you can't regain by playing the game for a while and collecting more skins. You didn't even have to unravel items you paid for in order to get the spools, it's just faster than waiting for drops. None of the skins involved are limited-time drops, so you can weave them again no matter how long it takes to get the spools together, and you can still regain half your spools by unravelling the Battle Spear skin.

57 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:

Klei could undo your mistake, but if they do, it's because they're being nice to you, not because they're obligated to. This isn't anyone else's fault and you didn't lose anything that you can't regain by playing the game for a while and collecting more skins. You didn't even have to unravel items you paid for in order to get the spools, it's just faster than waiting for drops. None of the skins involved are limited-time drops, so you can weave them again no matter how long it takes to get the spools together, and you can still regain half your spools by unravelling the Battle Spear skin.

You have absolutely no idea WHAT this poor user may have unraveled.. some of it could very well have been limited time drops.. but that’s what a Klei User ID is for- Klei can examine that and see what all he/she had/has and then decide rather or not to offer a refund.

However.. with it being 3 Days away from Christmas, I am pretty certain everyone’s off on Christmas Vacation with their friends and family & the OP’s best choice is to probably wait until after the Holidays & then Private Message a Dev their Klei ID so they can examine over his/her profile.

57 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You have absolutely no idea WHAT this poor user may have unraveled.. some of it could very well have been limited time drops..

On 12/16/2019 at 8:34 AM, Maxenite said:

. Yesterday I bought Snowfallen Collection. I discard some of my new skins to weave elegant spear skin

None of the Snowfallen Skins are limited time drops as they can be bought. He weaved the Elegant Battle Spear by unraveling some of the snowfallen stuff to get spools.

2 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

There is still no case because you still weaved it on your own choice. You weren't forced, mislead, or impersonated into weaving the item. You can claim ignorence all you want but they still don't have to anything because you didn't notice obvious information. Its like buying a candy bar with nuts in it and trying to get a refund because you don't like candy with nuts in it. They don't need to offer you a refund because you missed some obvious information and thus we told about its contents before you made that purchase.

wow some people on this forum is so harsh. I don't know why you guys are saying "NOBODY FORCED YOU" because I never said someone forced me. I mean really? Ofc no one forced me to do that. Also I never said THEY HAVE TO give me my spools back. I'm saying I did that because I didn't know that. If is there any chance they give me my spools back I will be happy. That's all. You don't have to support them like it's your own company. :D I just asked you guys what is your opinion that's all. You don't have to be rude like that. 

And CameoAppearance said I didn't have to buy that DLC or weave my items. I know man but I played DST for 200+ hour and DS 100+ hour. I'm playing this game since 2015. I saw this game from a YouTuber. He was playing with Wolfgang back in the day. I liked this game and gave a chance to play. I enjoyed so much and I kept playing. I'm not playing DST everyday but sometimes when I'm bored I just start DST having a relax good time. I learned there are some good looking skins you can craft. That was the first time I wanted to craft something. I use Ice-box, Spear, Helmet, Torch too much. Thanks to Cyclum Puzzle I have a wonderful torch skin. I wanted to get good Ice-box, Spear and Helmet skin too. That's why I bought that DLC and did that. I'm saying it's my fault because I should research what is the difference between Battle Spear and normal spear and I explained why I didn't do that.

Whatever guys. Thanks for all of your answers. I hope you guys understood my English because my English is not that good. :D Have a nice day and no matter what happens just Don't Starve

@Maxenite I'm sorry if this is your first experience in the forums.

I'd advise you to word your title better for example: Can I get back my 1350 spools because I weaved the wrong item? Instead of Snowfallen In-Game Items which is misleading, you should word the title like a question. I actually thought that this was a showcase of Snowfallen Items and wanted to check haha XD

Another thing I'd advise you is to pray I guess. You're completely at the mercy of the Devs. I agree with @CameoAppearance in that they have a choice in giving you back the spools as it wasn't a mistake on their part. I still hope you get your spools back though.

I believe you should learn a lesson from this: Battle Spears reskin 1 item but spears reskin 3 items. Best double-check before weaving! The spools aren't easy to get if you have bad luck like me.

2 hours ago, Booklover said:

@Maxenite I'm sorry if this is your first experience in the forums.

I'd advise you to word your title better for example: Can I get back my 1350 spools because I weaved the wrong item? Instead of Snowfallen In-Game Items which is misleading, you should word the title like a question. I actually thought that this was a showcase of Snowfallen Items and wanted to check haha XD

Another thing I'd advise you is to pray I guess. You're completely at the mercy of the Devs. I agree with @CameoAppearance in that they have a choice in giving you back the spools as it wasn't a mistake on their part. I still hope you get your spools back though.

I believe you should learn a lesson from this: Battle Spears reskin 1 item but spears reskin 3 items. Best double-check before weaving! The spools aren't easy to get if you have bad luck like me.

"I actually thought that this was a showcase of Snowfallen Items and wanted to check"  When you said that, I noticed the title has nothing to do with the subject. I apologize for that. Sorry :D 

"Another thing I'd advise you is to pray I guess" actually I'm really praying man :D Everyday, I check if support answered my ticket or not. 7 days have passed but I still have hope. 

3 hours ago, Booklover said:

but spears reskin 3 items

Unless its the refined spear, then it only changes the spear skin.

7 hours ago, Maxenite said:

wow some people on this forum is so harsh. I don't know why you guys are saying "NOBODY FORCED YOU" because I never said someone forced me.

What I meant by this is that the guilt is entirely yours since nobody else influenced your decision. It was necessary as the situation also needed to establish a person at fault and by that lack of outside influence, you made yourself at fault. While Klei could be a bro and give you the spools back, I was trying to show how they have no requirement to.

12 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

Unless its the refined spear, then it only changes the spear skin.

What I meant by this is that the guilt is entirely yours since nobody else influenced your decision. It was necessary as the situation also needed to establish a person at fault and by that lack of outside influence, you made yourself at fault. While Klei could be a bro and give you the spools back, I was trying to show how they have no requirement to.

Brother you're saying something that I already admit. Read again if you want. I never said it's their fault or they have to give me my spools back or someone forced me. I made my mistake and I'm just hoping they can understand my situation. I already said what you said...

and can you tell me that if I weave Spiral Spear I can use that as spear right? It says you can use as Spear, Fire Staff and Ice Staff. I don't want to make another mistake 

"Unless its the refined spear, then it only changes the spear skin." I don't understand that part. When I have this skin I will craft spear and it will be just a spear skin right? Not a Battle Spear, just normal spear that my Wolfgang or Wilson can use. 

39 minutes ago, Maxenite said:

"Unless its the refined spear, then it only changes the spear skin." I don't understand that part. When I have this skin I will craft spear and it will be just a spear skin right? Not a Battle Spear, just normal spear that my Wolfgang or Wilson can use. 

Yes, the refined spear skin will reskin the spear and only the spear unlike the other spear skins.

16 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

Yes, the refined spear skin will reskin the spear and only the spear unlike the other spear skins.

Refined Spear? I think it's distinguished one. I'm talking about Spiral Spear. If I weave Spiral Spear I can use it as normal spear right? I'm asking too much I know but I don't want to make another mistake. Sorry :D

The devs can't give your refund because that would mean they would have to refund the items of every single person who asks for one, even the liars. Buy a skin, get bored of it, lie saying you made a mistake and then get a refund. It's unfortunate but it's reality.

I think it's like @Pruinae just said. I do hope you get your spools back but I don't believe it will happen. There are probably many people who'd like to refund spent spools, because they made a mistake like you did or because they're intentionally exploiting the system, and for Klei it would mean losing money and getting way too much extra work. If refunding was possible you could weave an item skin, craft the items on your server, return the skin and get your spools back, weave something else and you'd still have the skinned items on your server even though you no longer have the skin. That is broken and would result in a large number of players not buying as many skins as they otherwise would.

I advise you'd give Wigfrid a try, who knows, maybe you like her if you try yourself. You lose nothing from doing it. If you don't like playing her, just switch characters with celestial portal and use her spears with some other character. If you didn't know, the battle spear deals more damage than normal spear, so it's kinda considerable option. You can always unravel the skin and you'll get 450 spools back if you do so. Maybe use the battle spear skin for a while and see what you really think about it, you've been waiting for Klei's answer anyway, and if you want you can unravel it when you're 450 spools away from weaving the next elegant?

1 hour ago, Maxenite said:

Refined Spear? I think it's distinguished one. I'm talking about Spiral Spear. If I weave Spiral Spear I can use it as normal spear right? I'm asking too much I know but I don't want to make another mistake. Sorry :D

If you weave the elegant spear skins (the Spiral Spear and the Pith Pike) you can use the skin for normal spear, ice staff and fire staff but not for the battle spear. The distinguished spear skin (the Refined Spear) only reskins normal spear, nothing else. And as you already noticed, the Ultimate Spear only reskins the battle spear. Hope this helps.

35 minutes ago, Mrklli said:

I think it's like @Pruinae just said. I do hope you get your spools back but I don't believe it will happen. There are probably many people who'd like to refund spent spools, because they made a mistake like you did or because they're intentionally exploiting the system, and for Klei it would mean losing money and getting way too much extra work. If refunding was possible you could weave an item skin, craft the items on your server, return the skin and get your spools back, weave something else and you'd still have the skinned items on your server even though you no longer have the skin. That is broken and would result in a large number of players not buying as many skins as they otherwise would.

I advise you'd give Wigfrid a try, who knows, maybe you like her if you try yourself. You lose nothing from doing it. If you don't like playing her, just switch characters with celestial portal and use her spears with some other character. If you didn't know, the battle spear deals more damage than normal spear, so it's kinda considerable option. You can always unravel the skin and you'll get 450 spools back if you do so. Maybe use the battle spear skin for a while and see what you really think about it, you've been waiting for Klei's answer anyway, and if you want you can unravel it when you're 450 spools away from weaving the next elegant?

If you weave the elegant spear skins (the Spiral Spear and the Pith Pike) you can use the skin for normal spear, ice staff and fire staff but not for the battle spear. The distinguished spear skin (the Refined Spear) only reskins normal spear, nothing else. And as you already noticed, the Ultimate Spear only reskins the battle spear. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much brother. That's what I want to know. Today I was talking with my friend. I told him about this situation and he gifted me another Snowfallen DLC. Such a nice guy. With your clarification I weaved spiral spear. Works fine. Thank you again. Finally I have a spear skin. 

"because they made a mistake like you did or because they're intentionally exploiting the system" I can understand that. I won't be mad if they won't give me my spools back. I'll be sad but it's okay because I can learn from my mistakes eh? I've been playing this game for 4 years and it was the first time I bought a DLC. I dont want to break the rules or something like that but I understand what you said. You're right. I can't be mad at Klei because of that. 

Btw I'm waiting for like 10 days or something like that because they are on christmas vacation I guess. They are working too and I'm not in a hurry. 

Let's leave aside for a moment all that "bearing the consequences of one's own actions", which in itself is a valid point.

OP, you know you can change to Wigfrid when you have a lot of Gold, Stone, and Flint in your base's inventory, make a lot of new-skinned Battle Helmet and Spear, then go back to Wolf and essentially have a good armor even in late-game for your further mushing-mobs adventures and whatnot?! "Abuse" the Celestial Portal mechanic like a lot of us do, for the price of only 1x Moon Nugget + 1x Purple Gem you can somewhat mitigate your "problem" without all above. Solve your dilemmas yourself in a creative manner I say. Cheers and happy Winter Holidays! (Chug-chug-chug that eggnog, boiled Vodka and co like a pro the merry way, heh) :encouragement:

3 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Let's leave aside for a moment all that "bearing the consequences of one's own actions", which in itself is a valid point.

OP, you know you can change to Wigfrid when you have a lot of Gold, Stone, and Flint in your base's inventory, make a lot of new-skinned Battle Helmet and Spear, then go back to Wolf and essentially have a good armor even in late-game for your further mushing-mobs adventures and whatnot?! "Abuse" the Celestial Portal mechanic like a lot of us do, for the price of only 1x Moon Nugget + 1x Purple Gem you can somewhat mitigate your "problem" without all above. Solve your dilemmas yourself in a creative manner I say. Cheers and happy Winter Holidays! (Chug-chug-chug that eggnog, boiled Vodka and co like a pro the merry way, heh) :encouragement:

-_- ahh why would I waste my time doing that? It is a "problem" because I don't want to play with Wigfrid or change my character to her during my run. It is my play style. You are commenting about a problem that already solved. I wrote I weaved Spiral Spear. Right now I have it, so why would I do that? I feel like you didn't read all the things that I wrote up there. Just nevermind man and have a nice day.

There is no need for talking about this anymore. Can I delete this post? If I can delete it, please tell me how.

On 22/12/2019 at 8:42 PM, Mike23Ua said:

You have absolutely no idea WHAT this poor user may have unraveled.. some of it could very well have been limited time drops.. but that’s what a Klei User ID is for- Klei can examine that and see what all he/she had/has and then decide rather or not to offer a refund.

However.. with it being 3 Days away from Christmas, I am pretty certain everyone’s off on Christmas Vacation with their friends and family & the OP’s best choice is to probably wait until after the Holidays & then Private Message a Dev their Klei ID so they can examine over his/her profile.

waste of time and resources for a mistake that they have 0 fault. Remember that klei its a small company, we can be thankfull for having free skins

Archived