Can I get back my 1350 spools because I weaved the wrong item?

Still no need to be so rude to the guy, he made the mistake and never acted entitled as if he needed to receive spools back. It is up to him what he wants to play and yet so many people in the comments actually told him to pick up Wigfrid just for one skin, like wtf, why would anyone pick up a character just because they get one skin for them?

He asked nicely if he can get his spools back, while klei may decide not to return it to him, it is still up to klei devs and there was no need for all this back and forth.

@00petar00 thank you so much brother :D like you said it's up to Klei devs right now and if they won't give me my spools back then I will discard that Ultimate Spear. There is nothing I can say or do about it because it was totally my fault. To be honest I wish there was a warning like "YOU CAN USE CRAFT THIS ONLY ON WIGFRID" or something like that. Some people learned it was unique for Wigfrid just playing with her and I learned this with that mistake. :D I was just wondering if they can give me 1350 spools or not. I achieved everything with Wolfgang. I killed Ancient Fuelweaver 3 weeks ago for first time on my 250+ day save. Again, like you said I don't want to change my character just because I got a spear for her. Thanks to my friend I have a wonderful spear skin named Spiral Spear. It reminds me God of War I don't know why and I like it. 

40 minutes ago, Maxenite said:

To be honest I wish there was a warning like "YOU CAN USE CRAFT THIS ONLY ON WIGFRID" or something like that.

To be brutally honest and this may seem rude but the game did give you 2 warnings already :wilson_dorky:

First the "Reskins Battle Spear" writing directly beneath the Ultimate spear and second the "Are you sure?" warning when you try to weave it. Just sayin'.

There should be 3rd warning to craft character specific skins or it should disclaim when trying to craft that only a specific character can make that skin in normal gameplay, not everyone would know if something is character unique item and giving more info on something want to purchase is not bad thing.

1 hour ago, Booklover said:

To be brutally honest and this may seem rude but the game did give you 2 warnings already :wilson_dorky:

First the "Reskins Battle Spear" writing directly beneath the Ultimate spear and second the "Are you sure?" warning when you try to weave it. Just sayin'.

Problem is that Battle spear sounds weird, if someone hasn't played Wigfrid, they may think that it is the normal spear, how else would they know. I don't think there are any other items players can be confused about.

5 hours ago, Booklover said:

You're not rude man. You're just telling me your opinion. Yeah you are right but I was talking about character specific items. @00petar00 and @Handsome_Jack explained my opinion perfectly.

14 hours ago, 359368170 said:

1350 spool means 1-3 dollar

I saw your comment just now sorry. You are right but 3 dollar equals 18 Turkish Lira. It's too much expensive than the game. Right now with Christmas Sales I can buy Don't Starve Together for just 9.60 Turkish Lira. Skins are so good. Playing with the skins you like makes you feel better and makes you enjoy more. I can buy DLC or items for once but I can't do that everytime I want to weave Elegant tier skin. Right now, I can't afford that.

Please Quit being so mean.. I actually had to resort to a DST WIKIPEDIA page to figure out the Differences between Battle Spear and Battle Helm And the regular Spear and Football Helmet.

there is one Battle Helm Skin in particular I almost bought because it looks sooo cool, but I was expecting it to be a Football Helmet reskin Anyone could use NOT Exclusive to Wigfrid. they really should rename all this to something like “Wigfrids Battle Helm”

otherwise- Clueless people like myself ASSUME it’s a Spear and Helmet from the FORGE Event-

An event that roughly went mostly missed by everyone playing on Xbox.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

there is one Battle Helm Skin in particular I almost bought because it looks sooo cool, but I was expecting it to be a Football Helmet reskin Anyone could use NOT Exclusive to Wigfrid. they really should rename all this to something like “Wigfrids Battle Helm”

But why would you expect a skin clearly labelled "Battle Helm" to reskin a football helmet? I can understand the OP's mistake, a battle spear and a spear are similar enough in name to get confused if you don't play Wigfrid, but I have no clue how you could mistake a battle helm and football helmet.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

otherwise- Clueless people like myself ASSUME it’s a Spear and Helmet from the FORGE Event-

An event that roughly went mostly missed by everyone playing on Xbox.

But why would you assume that a skin clearly labelled as one item would actually reskin another? You playing on console or missing the Forge doesn't have anything to do with this, since Forge skins are all clearly labelled with both an icon and the collection name "Forge collection".

Perhaps in the curio cabinet, the unskinned version should be shown so it's easier to recognize the item being reskinned. Something like this:

latest?cb=20190124205636 Reskins latest?cb=20140318092045

For now though, there really is no need to blame the guy for mistaking one item for another. They already feel bad for making the mistake. Ridiculing them for making that mistake doesn't help.

46 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

But why would you expect a skin clearly labelled "Battle Helm" to reskin a football helmet? I can understand the OP's mistake, a battle spear and a spear are similar enough in name to get confused if you don't play Wigfrid, but I have no clue how you could mistake a battle helm and football helmet.

But why would you assume that a skin clearly labelled as one item would actually reskin another? You playing on console or missing the Forge doesn't have anything to do with this, since Forge skins are all clearly labelled with both an icon and the collection name "Forge collection".

Maybe because the word Battle? And they look like Forge items.

But outside of that- only characters who have been getting refreshed have been receiving character specific Skin items (remember I am on Xbox and until literally this December Update we had Very Limited Skin options as is..)

Only a handful of items could be purchased using real money, everything else had to be weaved with spools.

And it was only Willows Set, and Woodies set that cost 3.99$ each.

So Excuse us for NOT knowing Wigfrid had Skin items in the shop already.

but that still doesn’t change the fact that it should show an image of what’s being reskinned as well as read something like “Wigfrid’s Spear, Wigfrids Helm.” 

I didn't buy it, because I was smart enough to do a DST Wiki search first, I’m just pointing out how easy it is for others to make the mistake.

2 hours ago, mistrbushido said:

Perhaps in the curio cabinet, the unskinned version should be shown so it's easier to recognize the item being reskinned. Something like this:

latest?cb=20190124205636 Reskins latest?cb=20140318092045

Yeah, it would be awesome and useful. If you click to item it should say "Wigfrid can craft it but everyone can use it" it would be so good. I heard Warly's crock pot only can be used by Warly's himself. This spear is not like that. If you want to craft a skin for a specific item game should say these things. Like Ultimate Spear reskins Battle Spear and X can craft Battle Spear but all can use or X can craft and only X can use. 

8 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Because unless you play Wigfrid you probably just see spears and helmets visually, and don't bother reading because there is only 1 skinable helmet in the game (unless you play wigfrid)

I fell for the same thing since I thought the spear looked cool.  Since I play on PC I can use the marketplace to get spools pretty cheap and just weave the correct item, but if I was on console, or wasn't able to spend money on the game, I would have probably been upset.  Really unless you play Wigfrid its an easier mistake to make than you might think.  Its a good suggestion to specify a character name when only a character can craft an item.  There aren't many character-specific craftables anyway, so its not like its on the top of people's minds when they're browsing.  Just say Wigfrid: Battle Spear.  Even saying Wickerbottom: The End is Nigh!  Not everone knows every character's personal items.

12 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

It seems like the kind of mistake someone could make if they were playing the game in English but it wasn't their first language, especially since helm and helmet are similar-looking words with similar literal meanings and the difference is mostly in the connotations.

I was talking about this spear. I finally got it and it looks so awesome with my Magmatic Wolfgang head. I wanted to share with you guys and I thought standing between blue and red flames would be so cool pose. :D I'm not sure if you guys can see my screenshot because I can't. I don't know why. 

(EDIT: Now I can see my screenshot. I was wondering why my connection speed is so bad and I remembered I'm downloading a wallpaper on wallpaper engine. :D )

20191226075901_1.jpg

19 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

It seems like the kind of mistake someone could make if they were playing the game in English but it wasn't their first language, especially since helm and helmet are similar-looking words with similar literal meanings and the difference is mostly in the connotations.

No, there’s literally a Football Helmet Skin that is actually called a “Helm” so it’s a very Easy mistake to make between Wigfrid Exclusive Battle Helm and Non-Wigfrid Exclusive Football Helm.

The easiest way to resolve this would be to simply change the wording to Wigfrid’s Battle Spear & Wigfrid's Battle Helm.

That way it provides clear indication that the items are only craft-able while playing as Wigfrid.

But luckily I don’t think there are any other items in the entire game that players could get confused over.

Archived