Today's topic is about ghost-hound interation with Mac Tusk and Vargs, wich can be potentially server-ending.

Varg

When you haunt a varg, there's a chance that it spawns hounds, when those hounds are haunted and their color changes, they abbandon the Varg and  become like hound attack hounds, seeking the nearest player, killing anything in the way, you can repeat this indefinetly, wich can be potentially server ending.

Mac Tusk

When you haunt mac tusk's hound, it can still chance color, and it will continue to obey mac tusk's orders, but every time there's a hound missing, when it has been haunted, new blue hounds come when it agroes onto something, this allows for infinite dupe-ing of hounds. as of the time of the post's creation, I don't know if the hounds after winter ends despawn with mac tusk, become player-seeking hounds or continue to walk in the camp. The server has 4 days left in winter by the time of posting, so expect an anwser to that question in ~32 min.image.thumb.png.bd54d64c801451054a78f2c80b6c273e.png

Source: Strictly Unprofessional servers. (PvP and Endless)

EDIT: It was none of my theories, they prevent mac tusk's camp from despawning!

By "seeking the nearest player", do you mean that those Varg hounds that abandon their Varg will immediately target players including those who are halfway across the map? Because I thought hound-wave hounds are just like hound-mound hounds with a much bigger aggro range, meaning they actually won't seek the nearest player unless you're like a screen away from them. 

season-based red and blue hounds were designed to aim player over global range

in the old times, you may haunt hounds spawned by hound mound

summon more than 20 hounds running and over kill every single innocent player at day 1

On 04/12/2019 at 2:14 PM, Rinkusan said:

By "seeking the nearest player", do you mean that those Varg hounds that abandon their Varg will immediately target players including those who are halfway across the map? Because I thought hound-wave hounds are just like hound-mound hounds with a much bigger aggro range, meaning they actually won't seek the nearest player unless you're like a screen away from them. 

They will follow players, no matter what, altough they will go to an unrendered area and stop.
They will go towards players, but not an actuall agro, so they'll attack anything that they can on their way.

Archived