With all these characters reworks,i was thinking what could be done with Webber. I love playing him and he is definely not a bad character but i have a feeling that something is missing on him. 

I came up, based on Wurt ability of marsh turfs, with the idea of crafting webbed turfs(like the ones in spider nests but actually turfs)

They would slow down enemies, just like the ones from spider nests,  but not players (except on PVP mode)

Crafting: first, something from refine tab made of four silks(this item also could be burned in a firepit as a fuel)

Then, one board + this item = one webbed turf 

I don't know if that's is broken but i really would love to see this in the game

Edit: Ok maybe that would be very situational so i trough of this:

You can put this item made with 4 silks in a turf and he becames webbed, with effects similar to spider dens but this webbed turf will have it's original effect too so a cobblestone turf, per example, will have speed boost for players AND the speed downside for enemies

2 hours ago, Fredyvictor said:

I don't know if that's is broken but i really would love to see this in the game

It doesn't sound useful at all, spider webs slowing you down is pretty gimmicky to begin with, and silk isnt flammable so 4 silk being a fuel source is extremely questionable

1 hour ago, AlienMagi said:

we need to be able to put hats on spiders.

yes

Sticky Webbing was a removed feature from a long time ago. You could dig it up with a pitchfork from around spider dens and acted like most other turfs (with the exception of slowness). Not sure why they decided to remove it but I'm sure they had their reasons (link the page down below).

Link: https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Removed_Features

6 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

Sticky Webbing was a removed feature from a long time ago. You could dig it up with a pitchfork from around spider dens and acted like most other turfs (with the exception of slowness). Not sure why they decided to remove it but I'm sure they had their reasons (link the page down below).

Link: https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/g_Features

Probally because it was useless for the most players, since Webber is the only character that isn't slowed down by it

12 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

It doesn't sound useful at all, spider webs slowing you down is pretty gimmicky to begin with, and silk isnt flammable so 4 silk being a fuel source is extremely questionable

I mean, with could be used in traps areas and also could be used together with the natural roads(that ones that have the same effect of cobblestones) for making kiting easier and some situations could be a cobblestone substitute but it isn't as good as cobblestone in general

And silk not being a fuel source is kinda weird by its own way, since Spider Eggs, feathers, umbrellas, mad science lab experiments are

4 hours ago, thomas4846 said:

i'd like webber to have more control over his spiders, maybe have domesticated spiders 

I want him to be able to tame/ride the spiderqueen, and maybe have a "spidercrown" buried in the ruins. He can wear this spidercrown and become king, granting a 70hp boost +10 damage  to all spiders around him. New craftables maybe? Silk-grenade that webs up an enemy? An ability to make web cocoons that can kidnap mobs/players on pvp?

They should add a web trap 2 silk 1 venom it would spring up and cocoon players or pigs and smaller and larger creatures tangled the smaller creatures would be die after 1 day whilst players need freeing or end up losing 50 sanity and gain a permanent sanity loss 10 percent and can only be cured by burning a nest down

(Venom would be a new spider type which would be tier 3 only and have a knock out effect after 30 seconds of being sluggish whilst dealing a total of 30 dmg from venom but if they fall unconscious  in the nest they lose max health)

Another craft would be trapping chest 1 silk 2 venom it would knock out any creature or player who opens the chest great for countering cramp

Another would be webbing unconscious players 5 silk which would the make the player dragable and make captured for 1 more segment of a day

Another could be a weapon  which would inflict knock out with a new bar after 3 hits a player would be venomed but if hit again they lose 5 seconds of time to escape this would also apply too the venomous the new spider which must be manually tamed

Finally when webber is about to die on a tier 3 spider nest he made, a 10 percent chance for a spider lord to be summoned 5000 health and deal 200 to creature and 150 to player it will also have a 5 percent chance for venom and drop the spider staff a weapon which will cocoon any non boss and if used by webber make a teir 3 nest become a tameable queen which can cocoon any non boss and will defend webber from bosses by summoning spiders equivalent to a tier 3

Note these are options not all of them at once

My idea for a Webber buff would mostly be to take away his ability to befriend/tame Beefalo, and instead of Beefalo, he can tame & Ride Spider Queen, his own personal Beefalo mount.

as a con to this new found ability, Beefalo should probably hate poor Webber and want him dead at all times.

Archived