[Game Update] - 166

JanH

Don't Starve Together Patch 1.66 - 11/12/2019 (PlayStation 4)

- Fixed some music not playing correctly, including boss-specific and sailing themes. Music should also have better continuity in split-screen games.
- Hallowed Nights Trinkets: Worlds with 15 or fewer Hallowed Nights Trinkets will get retrofitted with a new set of trinkets. This is to support worlds that took part in Hallowed Nights in 2018. As a side effect, all worlds will get the retrofitting if it meets the above criteria.
- Spider Dens will now grow properly again.
- Wurt’s voice is better mixed. Her Pose, Hurt, Talk sounds are at a similar level.
- Fixed a rare crash while using an Anchor.
- Fixed a save/load bug with boat leaks (were controllers would be able to inspect previously repaired leaks)
- The following items no longer sink in the ocean: Ancient Key, Beach Toy, Candy Bag, Deer Antler, Fireflies, Golden Belt, Stag Antler, Torch, Wood Fence, and Wood Gate.
- Adjusted the Merm and Loyal Merm Guard attack frame to match their animation.
- Fixed a crash with the Merm Guards if the King dies.
- Fixed a crash on load with the Merm King.
- Removed watersplash on anchor when placed on land.
- Potential merm kings will still show their hat now.
- Wurt no longer dislikes Catcoons.
- Merms no longer accept cooked fish.
- Wurt no longer has her stats restored when creating a king or going in/out of the caves.
- Using the deconstruction staff on the Royal Tapestry no longer crashes the game on load.
- The one man band now recruits merms as well.
- Steeped Lunar Essence will no longer cause some creatures to get stuck.
- Saplings transformed by the Steeped Lunar Essence will no longer revert to regular Saplings when the world is re-loaded.
- Merm and Merm guards will react to epic screeching.
- Fixed a crash when Wurt’s stats are updating.
- Fixed a clothing issue with wimpy Wolfgang’s torso.
- Fixed an issue with Wickerbottom’s Bewitching Boots.
- Using the Deconstruction Staff on a non occupied carpet should no longer kill the Merm King.
- Merms should no longer attack Chester if Wurt or a disguised character is carrying the Eyebone.
- Fixed a health losing issue with Wurt returning from the caves.
- Merm King will talk more about being hungry.
- Merm King won’t spawn guards when fed.
- Fixed some Merm speech if they eat food off the ground.
- Wurt’s stat syncing between caves and the surface is now percentage based rather than hard numbers.
- Wurt now has the proper skin set when respawning from a ghost.
- Merm Guard’s made immune to epic screeching (Not regular Merm, Guards have more grit).
- Fixed farm plots breaking when crop is mutated with Steeped Lunar Essence.
- Fixed Steeped Lunar Essence forcing stategraph states of target.

View full update

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, JanH said:

- Wurt no longer has her stats restored when creating a king or going in/out of the caves.

Just to clarify: when a Merm King is created (feeding the merm on the royal tapestry), this action will no longer fully restore our health/hunger/sanity, correct? Thanks!

5 hours ago, thePHROGsoul said:

Just to clarify: when a Merm King is created (feeding the merm on the royal tapestry), this action will no longer fully restore our health/hunger/sanity, correct? Thanks!

Yes it will just keep the percentage of the hp hunger and sanity you had.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 5:15 PM, JanH said:

Don't Starve Together Patch 1.66 - 11/12/2019 (PlayStation 4)

- Hallowed Nights Trinkets: Worlds with 15 or fewer Hallowed Nights Trinkets will get retrofitted with a new set of trinkets. This is to support worlds that took part in Hallowed Nights in 2018. As a side effect, all worlds will get the retrofitting if it meets the above criteria.

Any news on why some worlds still didnt retrofit and update with trinkets? :confused::(

• Developer
54 minutes ago, Mrsbloo said:

Any news on why some worlds still didnt retrofit and update with trinkets? :confused::(

Do you have Hallowed nights trinkets left from last time? To keep from over cluttering worlds there's this check which might be stopping you from getting more.

Hallowed Nights Trinkets: Worlds with 15 or fewer Hallowed Nights Trinkets will get retrofitted with a new set of trinkets.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Do you have Hallowed nights trinkets left from last time? To keep from over cluttering worlds there's this check which might be stopping you from getting more.

Hallowed Nights Trinkets: Worlds with 15 or fewer Hallowed Nights Trinkets will get retrofitted with a new set of trinkets.

I do but they are in a bag? Do those count? There are none on floor. So I should cash those in and that would correct my issue?

On 11/15/2019 at 4:53 PM, CharlesB said:

Please.. This did NOT correct my issue. I have ZERO trinkets. 

15 hours ago, Mrsbloo said:

Please.. This did NOT correct my issue. I have ZERO trinkets.

I think i know why you didnt get retrofited properly because i have the same issue as you, did you keep some of the 2018 halloween trinket in a chest somewhere ? If so i think that those counts toward the 15 or less required to have the retrofitting... it sucks but it's most probably for lag purposes

I

7 hours ago, Warlockadamm said:

I think i know why you didnt get retrofited properly because i have the same issue as you, did you keep some of the 2018 halloween trinket in a chest somewhere ? If so i think that those counts toward the 15 or less required to have the retrofitting... it sucks but it's most probably for lag purposes

I did keep them in the trinket bag. And cashed them in. Asked if that would resolve issue and have yet to get an answer.. I still think I should get SOME trinket on floor if my world has absolutely zero???

• Developer
On 11/20/2019 at 9:35 PM, Mrsbloo said:

I did keep them in the trinket bag. And cashed them in. Asked if that would resolve issue and have yet to get an answer.. I still think I should get SOME trinket on floor if my world has absolutely zero???

The problem now is that the game only tries to add the halloween trinkets once, not every time you load. At that time you had too many and didn't get more. There is no way to get more added to this world this halloween, you'll have to wait until next year :(

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

On 11/27/2019 at 3:56 PM, CharlesB said:

The problem now is that the game only tries to add the halloween trinkets once, not every time you load. At that time you had too many and didn't get more. There is no way to get more added to this world this halloween, you'll have to wait until next year :(

Thank you for the clarification. This made me very sad but I guess.. Ill suck it up til next year :(

47 minutes ago, Mrsbloo said:

Thank you for the clarification. This made me very sad but I guess.. Ill suck it up til next year :(

Hmm, I believe the Tumbleweeds in the Dfly desertshould give Hallowed Nights trinkets. However, I don't know if it includes new ones (I think they added new ones); I'd have to check up on that.

I'm incorrect. Tumbleweeds have a chance to drop Hallowed Ornaments (for the Living Log trees), not the Hallowed Nights trinkets.

Edited by lakhnish
Dfly desert, not Dfly forest
  • Like 1