Lore from Hallowed Nights Comic?

So, in the new comic, Charlie says that she "taught the shadows how to dance for her". Is she just talking about how she took her place on the nightmare throne and took control of the shadow creatures, or is she referring to something else? Who's this "1" she's talking about? Is it Charlie? Maxwell? Winona? Am I just taking this comic way too seriously?

Did anyone else notice something interesting?

Spoiler

hallowedpoem_2019_1.png

hallowedpoem_2019_2.png

14 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

Who's this "1" she's talking about?

I'm pretty sure it's not a "1" but "I" and she's speaking of herself. Tho the letted does look like a 1.

Look at the sentence "I only want to show you all", it would be "[1, one, someone whatever] only wants to show you all" if she were referring to someone else.

Edit: further sign that proves my theory is the sentence "I too once craved the glow of light upon my face". Who else would have craved light on her face? :D

wait a second.

"I too once craved the light apon my face"

Does that mean she wasn't always the night monster? Before I just assumed that she was merged with it when she was pulled in with Maxwell. though now I wonder just how she merged with the night monster.

Spoiler

And here I was intending the remark about the Woodie short as a joke.

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

wait a second.

"I too once craved the light apon my face"

Does that mean she wasn't always the night monster? Before I just assumed that she was merged with it when she was pulled in with Maxwell. though now I wonder just how she merged with the night monster.

Hide contents

And here I was intending the remark about the Woodie short as a joke.

... Have you not seen this?...

5 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

"I too once craved the light upon my face"

Does that mean she wasn't always the night monster?

This is even worse when you consider Winona's quote on the matter.

"My sister was afraid of the dark."

...at this point, just how far-gone is Charlie? How much Charlie is left in Charlie?
This is so sad.
Alexa play Despacito.

7 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

... Have you not seen this?...

Ah, bad wording on my part. But when I said "merged", I was referring to the split-personality thing she had going on at the start of the short. Queen Charlie I would moreso call a unity, as Charlie and the night monster where already one being, Queen Charlie is just the two finding common ground to work on. Atleast that's what it looks like.

4 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I think that refers to Charlie's life before constant, as she was Maxwell's assistant on his magic shows and thus wanted the stage lights to be directed at her and glamorously shine on stage.

Hmmm. Would make sense, though the phrasing and context makes it sound like she's specifically talking about the lights of the constant, and how she eventually forsook them.

2 hours ago, maradyne said:

This is even worse when you consider Winona's quote on the matter.

"My sister was afraid of the dark."

...at this point, just how far-gone is Charlie? How much Charlie is left in Charlie?
This is so sad.
Alexa play Despacito.

That would be the question, hmm?

Archived