Is there anyway that could makes Toadstool immune to Ice Flingomatic?

5 hours ago, becker said:

5dab097458270_2019-10-198_54_00.thumb.png.7cb20d8640af02676fc1956d091c31be.png

Seriously, this makes the toadstool completely lose fun to play with.....

Don't do that? That is a very resource intensive way to kill toad actually. And all your setup only works 1/3 of the time, since toad will appear somewhere else. I think its fair.

You can also go the swords/axes legit method

12 hours ago, becker said:

5dab097458270_2019-10-198_54_00.thumb.png.7cb20d8640af02676fc1956d091c31be.png

Seriously, this makes the toadstool completely lose fun to play with.....

You don't HAVE to use them if you think they make the fight less fun.

They're costly to set up (8 gears per toadstool spawn) and this strategy has actually been nerfed but not completely patched. It used to make Toadstool never spawn its sporecaps, as it'd forget to do so every time he's frozen. Now it remembers to do so even if frozen in the middle of the process.

A lot of solo DST players would find some these bosses practically impossible to beat without ridiculous amounts of armor and healing if it weren't for tools like Ice Flingomatics, On Tentacles, Winona's Catapults, stuff of the sort. It's impossible for Klei to not know about them at this point - they're very openly talked about and even showcased in YouTube videos and Twitch streams. The fact that Ice Flingomatics against Toadstool were nerfed rather than completely patched out shows that Klei does not intend to stop players from using such methods. They're fine as long as they're not game-breaking. If you find this kind of thing to be overpowered and unfun and you'd rather fight the boss without them, then don't use them.

4 hours ago, Electroely said:

You don't HAVE to use them if you think they make the fight less fun.

Exactly this, this isn't even OP it's totally a legit method to kill him. We should 100% absolutely be rewarded for going completely out of the way and making elaborate setups to kill bosses.

12 hours ago, Electroely said:

They're costly to set up (8 gears per toadstool spawn)

I somewhat strongly disagree: By using a Construction Amulet and a way better setup, you can end up with less than 4 gears per Toadstool Spawn to kill Toadstool with no effort at all. And ruins drop about 25-50 Gears if fully cleaned, making this a pretty cheap cheese actually.

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

I somewhat strongly disagree: By using a Construction Amulet and a way better setup, you can end up with less than 4 gears per Toadstool Spawn to kill Toadstool with no effort at all. And ruins drop about 25-50 Gears if fully cleaned, making this a pretty cheap cheese actually.

Can you share this setup?

5 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

With no effort? I doubt that. Also, you have to raid the ruins in order to do this. toadstool's drops are mediocre anyways.

2 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

I think its the same as the one everybody is talking about, but they used a construction amulet to cut the cost in half.

I'm asking because they say that the setup they have is "way better", costs LESS than 4 gears (implying the removal or substitution of at least one Flingomatic) AND lets you kill Toadstool with "no effort at all." I'd like to see this setup if this is really the case, as it sounds like a direct upgrade to what I always see whenever someone uses Ice Flingomatics to help kill Toadstool.

15 minutes ago, Well-met said:

what does freezing it do?

also why wouldn't you use this?

Having Toadstool get repeatedly frozen with Ice Flingomatics gives the player much more time to take care of what they need to when it comes to the boss. It makes it use all of its attacks less frequently, giving players much more time to run away because of a spore bomb or chop its Sporecaps.  With how freezing works, though, a mob will only stay frozen as long as it's not attacked. You can't completely disable all of Toadstool's abilities by freezing it repeatedly during battle, as you do need to attack it to actually kill it. It makes the fight much more doable when doing it alone - the combination of spore bombs and spore caps often leaves you with little time to actually chop the Sporecaps, allowing Toadstool to keep spawning even more Sporecaps and have an 80% damage reduction that basically doesn't go away.

In fights with multiple people, on the other hand, Ice Flingomatics barely do anything. Having multiple people means you can easily chop Toadstool's Sporecaps as they spawn, and you can even have people attacking Toadstool itself during the spawning process. Ice Flingomatics wouldn't really make a big difference, and I don't think the slight difficulty decrease is going to be worth it.

There are reasons not to use this setup. I never build Ice Flingomatics when playing with friends because

• The gears, ice, flowers/feathers and Star Caller Staff do take time and effort to get, and I don't think it's worth it when I have others to help
  • Said resources could be used for something better
  • A friend might accidentally destroy a flingomatic while fighting Toadstool and end up wasting some of our resources because of that
  • I wouldn't be fighting Toadstool more than once or twice.

And as I've said earlier, someone might want to not use this setup just because they think it makes the fight boring.

Archived