Thoughts on social boons/banes balance

I wouldn’t say it’s the best boon, but it’s not a bad one, if you get it early. Its main problem is the opportunity cost of not getting another, more impactful boon on D1. It’s definitely great if you get it for free D1, if anything else because it’s +20hp against Kashio.

image.thumb.png.09c3cd415a5768218d1aa09e96724b41.png

image.thumb.png.1d9ea00a3977707186ed9f0e02945dbc.png

Got one of the new events that involves combat against Boggers in a non-isolated environment. Top is the Shield Boggers and bottom is the Sword Boggers. On a non-boon related note, I wonder how the Boggers as a whole relate to the Bilebrokers since the only non-Bogger Bogger we know is Grimdellia of the Bilebrokers. Also I hope for an update to differentiate the two Bogger classes so we dont just refer to the two of them as Boggers Bogger.

image.thumb.png.be45a10032e9a2b61837bafc4f08e47f.png

Apparently the Boggers start showing up at the Last Stand once you meet them prior, or maybe they just start showing up regardless now. All I know is, this is the Sword Boggers Boon. As you can see, purchaseable for 100 shills

Edit: Careful when purchasing this boon. Currently bugged (I assume it is anyways, the crash screen says something about boon_grafts) and will crash your game when you enter a negotiation.

12 hours ago, TF3 said:On a non-boon related note, I wonder how the Boggers as a whole relate to the Bilebrokers since the only non-Bogger Bogger we know is Grimdellia of the Bilebrokers. Also I hope for an update to differentiate the two Bogger classes so we dont just refer to the two of them as Boggers Bogger.

I hope the last character’s campaign focuses at least partially on the bilebrokers. They seem like an interesting bunch. And I want to learn more about the Roloach.

Thanks for the boon / bane info! Will update the OP when I have the time, I should also update the intro, it seems kinda outdated now.

So I noticed a long while back that the Cobblebot and Enforcer in the Compendium seemed to have their own "unique" boon icons. Unfortunately, I was never in a position where I had any as Likes. During one of my runs, I died and came back with Picking Sides and having the Rise all Like me. This included their NPC Cobblebots. To my delight, I found a single Cobblebot existing in a map that can be interacted with in the Rise Tinker Shop, and discovered his Boon:

image.thumb.png.1018eb8a4ceb14a0438a112d14cd27a0.png

Its just one of the old boons back when they werent good. I assume the same goes for the Enforcer as well, its just gonna be one of the old boons.

i really like pauldrons, namely because they offer a constant defense since you gain defense for both charged cells and uncharged cells. before the gunshow, that's 4 defense guarantee'd. get multiple to buff defense for decks that fully charge by a metric christ load

5 minutes ago, pacovf said:

I’m only missing Grimdellia’s bane at this point. If anybody finds it, let me know!

You can get it easily by not giving her back the Bog Card if you haven't fully levelled it yet.

GrimdelliaBane.png

Got the Rook event. I went through every permutation (with Threekwa), but was unable to find a way to get Rook's Boon.

The negative effect of it is debatable. It's a dead draw if you get this event late into the game (I got the event on Day 4 and couldn't level it past Twig, which made it a pretty bad draw -- but even so, it's not as bad as Gnarled Effigy, so its weakness is debatable), but can have a positive effect the earlier the event.

(If you kill Rook, the Parasite stays in your deck regardless).

Untitled.png

Finally added the boggers, grifters, and the faction leaders, cleaned up a few entries. I know I got Sal's bane at some point, but for some reason it does not appear in my compendium, any one can help me out? No analysis of the leaders or grifters for the time being, since they work differently from every one else. Is it possible to get Fellemo or Kalandra to love *or* hate you before the final expedition? Likewise, is it possible to get Oolo or Nadan to love or hate you before the end of D4? I only know that Oolo will hate you if you side with the Spree, and then kill the patrol at the dock at the end of D3, but that's it.

The cost of the social boon is determined by a person's renown(a hidden value that determines the person's importance in society), so you can't really change the cost of social boons. That makes sense, since heavy laborers don't need much to be impressed, while patrol leaders need a lot of money to be impressed. So to balance the boons, instead of changing the cost, the effects should be buffed, nerfed, or changed entirely.

Interesting. I guess I should update the OP in light of that information, but that’s not going to happen for a bit. I guess people can interpret my “fair price” number as an indirect comment on whether each boon should be buffed / nerfed.

On 4/16/2020 at 3:48 AM, SpicyNiceCream said:

even though I already know what it is from the script.

Would you happen to know what Flekfis's and Arint's boons/banes are? I know we can't get them currently but I still want to know what they are.

1 hour ago, TF3 said:

Would you happen to know what Flekfis's and Arint's boons/banes are?

Sure, I mind as well add the rest that we can't get, as spoilers.

So, um hum. Fantastic boons & banes that you'll most likely never get:

Arint: (Baron lieutenant)

Spoiler

boon: "On The List", All friendly arguments come into play with +1 resolve.
bane: "Faulty Connections", All friendly arguments come into play -1 resolve.

Flekfis: (Rise lieutenant)

Spoiler

boon: "Gear Head", Heal 1 health at the start of your turn if you took no damage last turn.
bane: "Wrenched", The first card played every battle costs +1 action to play.

Eonwe: (aka Hesh boss with a whip)

Spoiler

boon: "Heshian Armature", Whenever you gain fully charged, gain 2 overcharge.
bane: "Gremlins", At the end of your first turn each battle, take 2 damage per charge. (you live with the debuff now, have fun)

Threekwa: (aka lonely Rentorian boss)

Spoiler

boon: "Rentorian Battle Armor", +3 POWER at the start of each battle. -3 POWER the first time you take damage. (wow...)
bane: "Informed Enemies", Take 2 damage every time you play a card on the first turn of battle.

Frizz: (aka your old friend that plays with your gun)

Spoiler

boon: "Weapons Expert", The first attack card you play each fight costs 0.
bane: "Treachery", You can't gain DEFEND on your first turn of battle. (Don't piss off your old friend, seriously.)

Zealots: (the new Cult of Hesh weirdos)

Spoiler

boon: "Grace of Hesh", Heal 3 health whenever you win a negotiation.
bane: "Heshian Obscenity", max hand size in negotiations is -2.

Oolo: bane that you may never get for some reason

Spoiler

"Wrong Papers", At the start of every negotiation, gain 2 FLUSTERED.

I definitely got Oolo to hate me before. I think I sided with the Spree, then killed everyone at the docks. This was a long time ago though.

I don't know if it makes sense to add unobtainable boon/banes to the OP. Might be more confusing than anything else for newcomers.

New Lifter boon and bane. Bane is eh, since quite a few items only have 1 charge anyways. Boon is a nice bonus.

Their death drop is Lifter Claw, a 1-cost battle Item that has no charges (cannot Destroy), cannot Expend, deals 3-4 damage, and has the incredible effect of improvising an item card from your draw pile and playing it with a random target. Honestly an incredible card.

image.png

image.thumb.png.e17eeb7e72e4b20cdca7bf6af6ba995b.png

Archived