A map without Gilded Asteroid.

12 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Have you already explored space? Fullerene can be found on carbon asteroids. Its not shown on the website. You have to send a rocket there, to take a look, whats actually there.

Oh! I didn't think about that, I DID actually have fullerene on CAs on my previous save, thanks a lot!

All rare space elements can be found on all destinations that yield materials (probably, I don't think I've personally seen fullerene on a gas giant though). They are generated at map creation and do not depend on seed. Up to two per destination. You can instantly research them to discover what they have with debug.

1 hour ago, nakomaru said:

They are generated at map creation

Actually they are generated when the rocket exploring the planet returns from its mission. You can savescum everything onto the 20k rocks if that's your thing. :p

I imagine you can test this with debug too, if you research them that way they should come up different every time you reload.

Note: this was true in February, I took a long break from ONI after that. I doubt they'd have changed it though.

1 hour ago, biopon said:

Actually they are generated when the rocket exploring the planet returns from its mission. You can savescum everything onto the 20k rocks if that's your thing. :p

From my experience this is not true. They are generated on map creation and cannot be save scummed. Indeed this behavior has not changed since introduced a year ago.

5 hours ago, nakomaru said:

From my experience this is not true. They are generated on map creation and cannot be save scummed. Indeed this behavior has not changed since introduced a year ago.

This is true, but since it's not seeded and the same seed can generate different "extra resources" on planets when the starmap is generated, TNI cannot save and show it.

Archived