Woodlegs in DST

12 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Welcome in my world.

I'm sorry, what? You are the one that brought this pointless argument up, no one else did. You mentioned this in the OP, when it had nothing to do with the topic you were posting. If  for some reason, you want to argue about this, just make a thread that says so, instead of turning everything you post into a debate over this.

suppose I should debunk this while I still have the mental energy.

A little far-fetched, don't you think?

perhaps a little, but maxwell's been there for an extreamly long time, yet hasn't aged much at all, though it's hard to be certain with how different his in-game model is to how he apears in the real world. though when comparing his throne version to him in the real world, there's definitly much less difference.

No, he is in Constant to get more knowledge.

Even then, he's still shown to be considerably knowledgable and observant, noting how blue and red gems are good at focusing endothermic and exothermic energy respectivly, how birds turn eggs into meat via alchemical properties, how the crockpot can spontaniusly generate a plastic bag for trail mix, how there's no signs of sticks in fish sticks, how there's no flour used in waffles, and many more.

Tell me do you think Pig King is as intelligent as Queen Malfalfa?

well it's not like we see either of them actually do anything, so for all we know, Malfalfa could have the intellegence of a 5 year old while PK could have the intellegence of Einstine. 

First, it is exactly how it works

By this logic, then litterally every animal that isn't a Koala is more intellegent than humanity. Intellegence isn't just the ability to survive, it's the ability to solve problems, use reason, and adapt. If animals could do that, we wouldn't be having thousands, no, Millions of species going extinct throughout human history. And even after all of that, modern humans and tribal humans are still the same species, even if one's less intellegent than the other.

And then your last question was if PK is as intellegent than Queen Malfalfa, but PK lives in a much more tribal society, meaning that, by your logic, PK would be more intellegent than Queen Malfalfa.

Second do pigs use two languages at the same time?

quite simple really, Language is a malluable thing. IRL, many languages can trace words or grammar to older or different languages, most notably latin. Hell, the english language mostly consists of spare grammar and vocabulary that it took from the pockets of other languages that it mugged in the back alley. As such, It wouldn't be too far-fetched to suggest that whenever maxwell, or whoever came before him, met the pigs, there efforts to communicate resulted in the pigs adopting certain english words, particularly ones that would have resulted in alliances with the pigs, such as "friend", "eat" and "you good". 

And on top of all of that, we still most consider Occam's razor, which states that the simpelest solution with the least ammount of assumptions is more likely to be correct. And we know that

>Wilba inherited werepigism from her father

>none of the hamlet pigs suffer from it

>Her father doesn't nessesarily have to suffer werepigism himself, only his kin

>RoG pigs under PK's monarchy recogniser as there king's daughter

>SW pigs still being PK's family despite there vastly different appearence and attitude does have basis in reality (Thanks Skye)

>That Hamlet is canon

>And that PK is most likely from Hamlet.

All of the evidence is there, but your arguments make too many assumptions, such as Wilba's father being a new character, PK being stupid, that Hamlet and RoG pigs are a different species, and a good bit more. By all sense of logic and reason, PK is most definitly Wilba's father.

45 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

I'm sorry, what? You are the one that brought this pointless argument up, no one else did. You mentioned this in the OP, when it had nothing to do with the topic you were posting. If  for some reason, you want to argue about this, just make a thread that says so, instead of turning everything you post into a debate over this.

Thank you for advise, master.

17 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Even then, he's still shown to be considerably knowledgable and observant, noting how blue and red gems are good at focusing endothermic and exothermic energy respectivly, how birds turn eggs into meat via alchemical properties, how the crockpot can spontaniusly generate a plastic bag for trail mix, how there's no signs of sticks in fish sticks, how there's no flour used in waffles, and many more.

Similar situation we have when Wagstaff examines ceviche or fish. He just laugh at "game logic", and Wickerbottom knows about Constant much more than he.

19 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

well it's not like we see either of them actually do anything, so for all we know, Malfalfa could have the intellegence of a 5 year old while PK could have the intellegence of Einstine.

Do Erudite or Professor also have the intelligence of 5 year old?

23 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

And then your last question was if PK is as intellegent than Queen Malfalfa, but PK lives in a much more tribal society, meaning that, by your logic, PK would be more intellegent than Queen Malfalfa.

No because he is other type than Quenn Malfalfa.

23 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

And on top of all of that, we still most consider Occam's razor, which states that the simpelest solution with the least ammount of assumptions is more likely to be correct. And we know that

Guided by this philosophy, you can think that the earth is flat and the sum of the constituent masses of the atom is equal to the mass of the atom itself

26 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Wilba inherited werepigism from her father

Yes because her father suffered from werepigism.

27 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

none of the hamlet pigs suffer from it

Also true but other pigs excluding Wilba's father do not leave Hamlets.

29 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

>Her father doesn't nessesarily have to suffer werepigism himself, only his kin

When you hear the word "legacy" you think about "all family".

30 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

RoG pigs under PK's monarchy recogniser as there king's daughter

Pigs weren't saying that It was THIS king. As you can guess, pigs are not eternal so they could have had another king before.

Mereover, Wolba don't have ANY interesting quotes about RoG pigs or Pig King.

34 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

SW pigs still being PK's family despite there vastly different appearence and attitude does have basis in reality

Not a family, just subspecies or other type.

4 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Similar situation we have when Wagstaff examines ceviche or fish. He just laugh at "game logic", and Wickerbottom knows about Constant much more than he.

he's not laughing at it, he's observing this world's quirks, just as he does with the examples I listed

Do Erudite or Professor also have the intelligence of 5 year old?

no, because we actually have reason to belive that they're actually smart. Queen malfalfa nor' the pig king show us any signs of there intellegence, therefore, either of them could be as dumb as rocks or as smart as Einstein

No because he is other type than Quenn Malfalfa.

same type, we went over this.

Guided by this philosophy, you can think that the earth is flat and the sum of the constituent masses of the atom is equal to the mass of the atom itself

just because Occam's razor isn't a catch-all solution doesn't make it invalid.

Yes because her father suffered from werepigism.

no, her father's kin suffer from werepigism, It doesn't say har father *and* her kin. therefore, the curse only effecting his kin is not off the table.

Also true but other pigs excluding Wilba's father do not leave Hamlets.

I'm... not sure what you're trying to say here actually.

When you hear the word "legacy" you think about "all family".

I will admit that most definitions of legacy I can find involve death, That doesn't mean that her father has to be dead. one of the great things about english is that you don't have to use words to there exact definitions while still making sense. and Legacy doesn't have to mean family either, IE someone's legacy could be the forests they plant, the money they leave there kids, or the reprocussions of there actions.

Pigs weren't saying that It was THIS king. As you can guess, pigs are not eternal so they could have had another king before.

If a previous king dies or gives his status to the next in line, then he's no longer a king. The pigs would still recognize her as royalty, but not as "the King's daughter"

Mereover, Wolba don't have ANY interesting quotes about RoG pigs or Pig King.

This one I will give you. However, I feel this is more to do with the fact that Hamlet was a bit rushed towards the end, and that Werewilba was added later in the development cycle.

Not a family, just subspecies or other type.

again, there is precident for Wilebores to be Pk's family despite there appearence.

Walani would probably be the easiest to port over into DST TBH- and she could maybe even craft surfboards that are a certain color matching the other survivors to ride around on (crafted surfboards will degrade and break after so much use) but Walani’s personal surfboard will NEVER break.

that is after all what makes her perk unique. Think of them like using woodies weregoose form over water- if your still over water when it runs out.. WIPE OUT your dead.

if Klei wanted to get creative with the “times up” mechanic they could have a Sea Shark Pop it’s head up out the water and Swallow Were-goose/Surfing Survivors board & all.

32 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Omg... This thread is getting a bit silly...

Stay on topic or move to wilba thread. This is just dumb now. 

Sorry @FreyaMaluk but I can't escape the conversation right now.

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not Wilba, WALANI

thanks that is all.

Walani has changes to be in DST.

32 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

he's not laughing at it, he's observing this world's quirks, just as he does with the examples I listed

no, because we actually have reason to belive that they're actually smart. Queen malfalfa nor' the pig king show us any signs of there intellegence, therefore, either of them could be as dumb as rocks or as smart as Einstein

same type, we went over this.

no, her father's kin suffer from werepigism, It doesn't say har father *and* her kin. therefore, the curse only effecting his kin is not off the table.

I'm... not sure what you're trying to say here actually.

I will admit that most definitions of legacy I can find involve death, That doesn't mean that her father has to be dead. one of the great things about english is that you don't have to use words to there exact definitions while still making sense. and Legacy doesn't have to mean family either, IE someone's legacy could be the forests they plant, the money they leave there kids, or the reprocussions of there actions.

If a previous king dies or gives his status to the next in line, then he's no longer a king. The pigs would still recognize her as royalty, but not as "the King's daughter"

This one I will give you. However, I feel this is more to do with the fact that Hamlet was a bit rushed towards the end, and that Werewilba was added later in the development cycle.

again, there is precident for Wilebores to be Pk's family despite there appearence.

Ok, I will approach the topic from a different angle

Let's assume (only for a moment) that Wilba is the daughter of pig king. Then how did the queen Malfalfa get into RoG. She had to build science machine, hogus porkusator and finally shadow manipulator to build skyworthy. When she was in RoG she had "romantic situation" with tribe chief of soft-headed subspecies pigs. A little weird.

42 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

You forgot that pigs are not very smart and they just didn't say anything about pig king from vanilla, so king is not very important to tchem.

44 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Occam's razor is only a tip on "logic groud". Anyway, what is simple and what is not?

43 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Let's assume (only for a moment) that Wilba is the daughter of pig king. Then how did the queen Malfalfa get into RoG. She had to build science machine, hogus porkusator and finally shadow manipulator to build skyworthy. When she was in RoG she had "romantic situation" with tribe chief of soft-headed subspecies pigs. A little weird.

The skyworthy is not the only way into Hamlet. In the trailer, Wilson flies there in a hot-air balloon. Hamlet is literally just on top of a mountain range. PK probably just climbed down the mountain.

24 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

The skyworthy is not the only way into Hamlet. In the trailer, Wilson flies there in a hot-air balloon. Hamlet is literally just on top of a mountain range. PK probably just climbed down the mountain.

Pig King is not a pig from Hamlet. Did you see him? He sits in pig village and can't move.

1 hour ago, maciu67 said:

31 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Pig King is not a pig from Hamlet. Did you see him? He sits in pig village and can't move.

You're mixing gameplay and lore together in really unnecessary ways. Hamlet is canonically a part of the constant, the Skyworthy is only there to link the two layers in a way that's feasible for actual gameplay. The Pig King not being able to move is because he's treated more like a structure than a mob, it doesn't actually mean that the Pig King canonically can only do the things shown in gameplay. I mean, by the logic that the Pig King can't move because he doesn't in gameplay, wouldn't that also mean the Pig King cannot eat? He cannot drink? He cannot poop? He cannot pee? Is the Pig King some kind of godlike being that doesn't require basic bodily functions?

Does Wilson not have to pee, just because he's never done it in actual gameplay? Are pigs capable of surviving forever without food, just because they don't die without it in gameplay? Are critters canonically invincible, because they can't be attacked in-game? Can live animals canonically survive forever without food as long as they're on the ground or in a bundling wrap? Can every character canonically draw perfect art of items on mini signs, along with knowing the names of items that they shouldn't possibly be able to? Can every character canonically chug down 400 tribute roasts in a row without any negative effects, like is 100% possible in gameplay? Are the characters actually able to heal deadly wounds by just eating some crepes or ham?

Back on the Pig King... does the Pig King actually conjure up gold out of nothingness? Or does he instantly magically turn the trinkets/meat you give him into gold? Is the Pig King capable of creating anything out of trinkets/meat, since he can create candy during halloween? If the Pig King wanted to, could he create ruins gems? Could he create boss drops? Could he create live animals? Could he create monsters? Could he create people? Did... Did the Pig King create me????

There are some places where you have to recognize what is actual lore, and what's simply there because this is a videogame and gameplay is necessary. The idea that Malfalfa would have to go through DS's progression system and craft a Skyworthy to go meet the Pig King is the silliest thing I've heard in a while.

22 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Back on the Pig King... does the Pig King actually conjure up gold out of nothingness? Or does he instantly magically turn the trinkets/meat you give him into gold? Is the Pig King capable of creating anything out of trinkets/meat, since he can create candy during halloween? If the Pig King wanted to, could he create ruins gems? Could he create boss drops? Could he create live animals? Could he create monsters? Could he create people? Did... Did the Pig King create me????

This... this escalated quickly...

15 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Did the Pig King create me????

Probably yes.

There are some places where you have to recognize what is actual lore, and what's simply there because this is a videogame and gameplay is necessary.

I don't know if you noticed that game lore has strong connection to game mechanics

The idea that Malfalfa would have to go through DS's progression system and craft a Skyworthy to go meet the Pig King is the silliest thing I've heard in a while.

So he made child "at a distance".

3 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Examples please.

Pig king, Aporkalipse Calendar, Ruins, Trades with Queen Malfalfa, Wilba unlock, Adventure mode, sailing etc..

2 minutes ago, Girl Bart said:

I made a concept visualisation of Woodlegs in DST willow.thumb.png.c51734ee388a269c0cb123cf35a08503.png

What?

Archived