[Announcement] Uncompromising Mode

ADM

4 hours ago, Zeklo said:

And now you just bumped it so uh... really?

I think directly going to the source if there's a problem is fine. Sure he might inadvertently bumped this thread but he deserves that we'd show him this. He very obviously was not aware of it.image.thumb.png.0f44fc9d329929e04c57172c838cf8b0.png

Edited by Averagewx78main

16 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

this mod is going to be epic when its done, this will be the new unnatural selection only it won't cease to exist hopefully!

Unnatural Selection was about adding fresh new content with small changes here and there.

This seems to be the opposite. [Weird] major changes with small new additions.

Will have to wait for there to be more but it hasn't managed to snag me yet.

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Unnatural Selection was about adding fresh new content with small changes here and there.

This seems to be the opposite. [Weird] major changes with small new additions.

Will have to wait for there to be more but it hasn't managed to snag me yet.

The general idea is to increase the risk/reward of the game while making it still "feel" vanilla. For example, the new Acid Rain event thats being implemented is tied to toadstool, and either forces the player to stop what they're doing and avoid the problem (like Antlion) or go directly to the source and kill Toadstool, who now finally has a purpose other than a pointless raid boss.

It's of course not meant for everyone, as it's naturally geared towards veterans and elitists who find DST easy. But we have a good amount of ideas on the backburner already.

Console players do not have access to mods, and the easiest way to solve this is to give Console gamers the same kind of freedom over customizing their world as the Mobile versions of DS and DS Shipwrecked have.

on the mobile version when starting a world you have the option to select how much are how little of most objects in the game will spawn.

from None at all, a lot less, Less, Default, More, and A lot More.

this allowed you to for example choose to spawn A lot more Spiders, and A lot Less Iron Ore Rocks.

while it will NEVER be like these crazy mods, it is SOMETHING. And I really wish the console versions of DS/ DST had it. :(