My oPiNiOnS about Woodie's Rework and How to fix the problems.

So hey beans and means (kek)

Woodie is kinda broken, but don't flame the devs for just making the update not how we wanted.

I would like to give a way to improve the were-forms:

1. All Forms should be able to last longer, potentially as long as player's would want, The Meter won't transform you back into Woodie when it's on 100 points, only at 0 and the Idol's usage shouldn't have a health debuff

2. Moose should regain the meter as he attacks similiarly to pre-rework werebeaver at the rate higher than the drain and it should have a 90% protection because noone will use the form to kite when you are slow.

3. Werebeaver's Gnawing should regain the meter as it did pre-rework but at the higher rate so the drain could still be outdone

4. Goose Meter's normal drain should be slower and could be regained by not being near dangerous mobs ( basically everything with the exception of rabbits,chester and such) at a small rate and It should make Woodie regenerate HP as a way to still utilize the form in end-game where you have tamed beefalos faster than the Goose.

5. Idol-transformation should ditch the sanity drain completely but should take 30-70 sanity to transform.

EDIT: 6. Idols should should be made with rarer items such as living logs, moonrocks and nightmare fuel.

Anyways Klei, pretty please fix the current Woodie, His forms are pretty meh at the time.

I like point #5 the most imo as it makes the controversy of sanity loss per minute nearly nonexistent. You want to turn into the were-moose? Perfectly fine, just take a 50 sanity hit and you can stay in the form for as long as you can manage without having to worry about going insane every transformation.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

it should have a 90% protection

nonsense

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

It should make Woodie regenerate HP as a way to still utilize the form in end-game where you have tamed beefalos faster than the Goose.

Yeah like taming beefalo is much less pain in the butt than just eat idol

Seems a bit OP considering it's not too hard to get idols.

If you make it so you can be in the forms indefinitely than the sanity drain shouldn't be removed. There's got to be a motivating reason to not just be in them forever-apart from inventory vanishing. I'm fine with it being sustainable, since most important fights do last quite long, but it shouldn't be a (near) free gear-up.

Goose healing is just... weird. Doesn't really fit thematically and would make, essentially, all other forms of healing obselete.

Something I don't understand people complaining about is the duration for the werebeaver in particular. You basically have a lot of time to chop down an entire forest since you don't have to spend time eating logs to refill the green bar anymore. One person in particular was complaining about not being able to extend the transformation to 10 minutes like before. Why would you want to stay a werebeaver for that long in terms of practicality?

37 minutes ago, RogueGamer12 said:

I really want them to remove the hunger removal when you leave your form, it doesn't make sense with his playstyle of being a wood gatherer. Or at least reduce the amount lost.

Agreed, getting 0 hunger 0 sanity and loss of health is a bit ******** for turning into a goose that does nothing but run.

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Seems a bit OP considering it's not too hard to get idols.

If you make it so you can be in the forms indefinitely than the sanity drain shouldn't be removed. There's got to be a motivating reason to not just be in them forever-apart from inventory vanishing. I'm fine with it being sustainable, since most important fights do last quite long, but it shouldn't be a (near) free gear-up.

Goose healing is just... weird. Doesn't really fit thematically and would make, essentially, all other forms of healing obselete.

The forms shouldn't be made indefinite, but rather simply be given more methods of sustaining the forms, meaning they will always run out and you can't increase the meter so sanity isn't a required method to discourage indefinite use, but you can Gorge salt it to last much longer than the forms currently do.

Though I liked the idea of regenerating health at first from a mechanic standpoint, I agree it's sort of out of blue too. Nevertheless Goose definitely needs another function to make it more impactful, maybe allowing it to honk on a cool-down to stun enemies (i.e trigger spiders' scared animation) or maybe allow it to fly across small gaps similar to Wortox's soul-jumping (i.e soul-jumping but within only a certain radius of Woodie). Its meter should also be slowed more by environmental stuff like standing on roads, being near allies or being near a source of light too, to make it more sustainable while being thematically relevant as the form that wants to run away from danger and find safety.

My plan for the Weremeter would be:

1.Always have the "slow" count down.

2.keep the loss of sanity 

3.have acticitys that refill the meter (beaver gnawing,Moose atacking,Goose Running(?))

4.change back after (intentionaly)emptying the weremeter or Ehen sanity drops to 0.

This way you can use the were forms better but have no Chance of indefinite use because of sanity beging depleted.

Archived