Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

LaCathy

TRUST NO ONE.

LaCathy    78

I really hate how ignorant a lot of these players are. I’ve had my base torched and witnessed others getting their bases destroyed. My world is at 1400 days but whenever I make it public, I’m too busy following whoever joins around to get anything done. I don’t trust anyone who joins. It’d be great if we could actually rate players. That way u can see their rating as soon as they join and know if they’re going to light ur base up or not.:o/

DST Noob    26
3 hours ago, LaCathy said:

I really hate how ignorant a lot of these players are. I’ve had my base torched and witnessed others getting their bases destroyed. My world is at 1400 days but whenever I make it public, I’m too busy following whoever joins around to get anything done. I don’t trust anyone who joins. It’d be great if we could actually rate players. That way u can see their rating as soon as they join and know if they’re going to light ur base up or not.:o/

Rating idea would be cool.

What I usually write Adults+mics only on title if they come without a mic on that mean they can't even read properly and that's a auto-ban. I usually don't play with people without mics cause you can tell what kind of people they are when they start talking and you can't never tell what a person without mics is going to do or is think 

If you play this game seriously, you probably better off playing with adults anyway.

Brago-sama    1581

Yeah I have a test before I even let anyone out of my prison at spawn.

They have to type hello. Sounds silly but so many are silent, don't read what you write, ignore you and just are uncooperative in general. That and I've noticed all those burny people usually never type anything, so I figured this helps.

I never let more then 1 person in unless they got mics/I know them. My worlds up to day 2000 and I'd rather not let it all burn up. (I backup my save anyhow bit it's still a pain in the rear to have to do that)

A rating system would really help a lot. 

Thanks for showing LadySelang and I your base and letting us ride your Beefalo (cant remember his name) yesterday. 

Did you cull some of the Geckos like I suggested to help with the lag ? 

NSAiswatchingus    3399

I have a 4200 day world set up specifically for strangers to join in when I open it to public every Autumn. You're right! TRUST NO ONE. Most people are pretty cool about getting into the town thing, or just check out the area around spawn before leaving. Right now, in my opinion based on vast personal experience running my world public, it's about 1/5 players that join is looking to grief or will do so "accidentally". 

I say put a bunch of goodies and cool stuff at spawn. If they are there to troll they won't be able to resist messing with the first area. Keep an eye on that area and ban accordingly. 

I too can't get any work done in Autumns for the same reasons, but the interactions are part of the fun. 

Last thing, give the kids a chance to act relatively mature. They will be annoying and inherently have obnoxious voices, but there's some good ones that are taking the game seriously. Don't just instaban every squeaker. 

ViCiOuS-V.    19
On 9/10/2019 at 12:45 PM, LaCathy said:

I suggested an option that allows the HOST to ONLY give trusted players the ability to destroy structures built as an anti-grief measure. Also have added a welding tool specifically for Winona to repair burnt structures for trolls who like to burn bases down.

NSAiswatchingus    3399
1 hour ago, christina-s1 said:

If someone destroy base u can always do backup , but what to do when someone took all your very important resources and exit your world ???? I really tired of this .. 

You can roll it back to before they took the items. Everything will still be there. 

christina-s1    16
6 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

You can roll it back to before they took the items. Everything will still be there. 

Yeah I can do that only if I know when they took it ... sometimes I’m not on my base for more than 5 days , than what ? Seriously why come at base take all stuff and than exit the world and never show... 

NSAiswatchingus    3399
24 minutes ago, christina-s1 said:

Yeah I can do that only if I know when they took it ... sometimes I’m not on my base for more than 5 days , than what ? Seriously why come at base take all stuff and than exit the world and never show... 

Keep the rare stuff hidden. All of my world is open for people to explore, but they'll NEVER find my secret bases with the rarest of all my loot. About 1/5 DST players are just trying to troll open servers so keep that in mind when world building.

Rogueagent01    216
On 10/15/2019 at 4:43 PM, christina-s1 said:

That is why my worlds are never open to the public when i know i'm gonna be away for more then 4 days. Once i've finished whatever it was that kept me away i'll restart the the server and open it up to the public, even then i restrict the amount of players that can join(if its an established world).

BeeClops    399

I feel you. I am trying to keep them public as much as i can, and don t mind beginners either if they re nice people, but if i ever need to do some serious and long projects/trips i just have to make it local. I do make spawn minibases and other structures around just to test people out, but can t really check them if i m onto something. 

Mics only sounds like a good filter to me :). But i have to feel like talking too :D And a ranking system would be great ofc, but i feel like that s never gonna come by now.

But honestly, i just can't help but to feel a little disapointed and surprised that so many ppl who buy this game are d*cks. This sounds naive but this game is somewhat for nice people as i view it, if this makes any sense, and 20% of the playerpool burns bases. Like what the hell man.