[Experimental Update] - 364732

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

Here are today's fixes / changes. Some more death loot, more precise murder tracking, and moving some advanced actions to be unlocked by boons. Happy grifting this weekend!

• haggle_badge now allows you to negotiate for greater quest rewards (you can't do it by default).
  • Only a blessing or sparring is available each day at the hesh outpost, rather than both, so you don't just auto-visit.
  • New voices for chemist and mysterious stranger.
  • Track last attacker, and CombatCondition applicants to assign a killer when Fighters die.  Only charge the player with murder if the player agent issued the killing blow.
  • Added previously missing death loot for Sparky.
  • Add death loot to FOREMAN.
  • Improved the travel screen icons and their hover interaction.
  • Show the graft unlocks with separate progress bars for Seen and Installed. Added rarity icons to the grafts in the listing. Added more sorting options.
  • Add missing negotiation_target for side_thief_bounty.
  • Only assign a negotiation_target in side_Debt_collection in the non has_money branch.
  • Replace the doubling on Impending Doom with a linear increase.
  • Clear location actions when starting a conversation to prevent double mouseover sound when ending the conversation.
  • Show a graft's rarity on its tooltip.
  • Buff doze_bug slightly.
  • Cleaved should be flagged as a DEBUFF.
  • Faster wild card upgrade animation.

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I am 80% sure the reason why negotiations felt so much easier than combat was because you got so many more negotiations in without trying due to haggling for rewards (hence getting more cards and more card xp). So locking that option behind a social boon may restore some balance to that. Sounds good to me.

The change to killing blows sounds good too, it felt illogical to be charged with murder when somebody else does the deed. Do you still get the death loot if that happens?

EDIT: enjoy the long weekend?

Edited by pacovf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hraklea said:

Did I miss something in the last couple of patches? There's no negotiation for better quest rewards now?

It’s a reward for getting one of the merchants to love you now.

EDIT: or a smuggler? Don’t remember which one of the two haggling boons “haggle badge” is, and I can’t access my computer for a couple of days.

Edited by pacovf
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacovf said:

It’s a reward for getting one of the merchants to love you now.

Oh, that's what it meant. Thanks.

I guess I relied too much on that, because I tried several times and I can't get past day 1 now. I'll have to wait for the next patch to enjoy the game hahaha.

Edited by Hraklea
  • Like 1

Here she is. Feel's like Haggle Badge is musthave for now. This negotiations allowed to make like 500+ gold and upgrade deck very hard.

From the other point of perspective this change reduces game length by 15~25% which is good.

Haggle Badge.png

Edited by s5unaMe
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, s5unaMe said:

Here she is. Feel's like Haggle Badge is musthave for now. This negotiations allowed to make like 500+ gold and upgrade deck very hard.

From the other point of perspective this change reduces game length by 15~25% which is good.

Haggle Badge.png

I don't think reducing the game length is a good thing. : (

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Daxterr said:

I don't think reducing the game length is a good thing. : (

I ment developers will add days 4 and 5 (maybe +1.5-2 hours) anyway. So reducing playtime for days 1-3 is fine for me.

Edited by s5unaMe
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Now that I had more time with the update: the change on the negotiation seems to work fine on later days, but I think the NPC before the first boss is too strong considering the crappy deck you have at the end of day 1.

Edited by Hraklea

18 hours ago, s5unaMe said:

That much difference behind a relationship of a random character you are not guaranteed to meet (or is she a guaranteed spawn now?) sounds bad in design.

I'd much rather have it be a choice in the beginning, e.g. something like starter bonus or bonus for each day - you can choose to have reward negotiation on Day 1, or another bonus and the function will unlock on Day 2, something like that.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TheCoolestFool said:

I like the change but the shop prices dont reflect this change at all. Plus having the badge come from something random like a social boon will make it not worth it depending on the day you find it and way to good if found on day 1

It’s rare to get someone to love you day 1, especially since money gifts are expensive.

We probably could use an increase in the default rewards from quests, and decrease in the rewards from haggling, though.

Probably other social grafts should be more usefull in that case?

Like +2 resolve is just nothing comparing to badge\sparring\+5hp every night.

But from the other side it's very atmospheric when tired workers could only give you something like +2 hp and wealthy characters could give you much more. Maybe it would be greate to give extra bonuses if 3 or more workers\bounty hunters love you (feels like I am a defender of those who suffer)?

7 minutes ago, pacovf said:

It’s rare to get someone to love you day 1, especially since money gifts are expensive.

We probably could use an increase in the default rewards from quests, and decrease in the rewards from haggling, though.

Hmm I usually aim to make 1-2 usefull person to love me. Sometimes I even end up with 3 persons who love me at day 1 (1 from saving and 2 from money gifts).

Edited by s5unaMe
  • Like 2