Deep fryer

17 hours ago, Gus Smedstad said:

A while back someone posted an automated omelette maker. If I recall correctly, the way it worked was that eggs on a conveyor passing through hot liquid turned into omelettes. I wonder if pacu fillets will cook to "cooked fish" the same way?

Unfortunately not.

On 8/25/2019 at 5:48 PM, Gus Smedstad said:

A while back someone posted an automated omelette maker. If I recall correctly, the way it worked was that eggs on a conveyor passing through hot liquid turned into omelettes. I wonder if pacu fillets will cook to "cooked fish" the same way?

Only omelettes can be automatically made with heat. It would be very, very nice if we could make our own ovens for other things.

Also critters take a long time to die in extreme heat, like you would not believe. In many cases it's possible for a critter to survive in an environment outside its livable temperature long enough to die of old age first.

4 minutes ago, Nebbie said:

It would be very, very nice if we could make our own ovens for other things.

Like converting crude to petroleum inside a pipe.  As it is now I basically don't bother with petroleum as I can take care of my plastic needs with glossy dreckos (though that does take more dupe time), and I quickly replace my petroleum rockets with LH2 engines.

I mean sure, you can still boil it outside a pipe, but then you need to either cool it back down in situ or have thermium pumps.  But usually by the time I have thermium, I'm already on LH2...

3 hours ago, cblack said:

Like converting crude to petroleum inside a pipe.  As it is now I basically don't bother with petroleum as I can take care of my plastic needs with glossy dreckos (though that does take more dupe time), and I quickly replace my petroleum rockets with LH2 engines.

I mean sure, you can still boil it outside a pipe, but then you need to either cool it back down in situ or have thermium pumps.  But usually by the time I have thermium, I'm already on LH2...

To my knowledge, crude to petroleum in pipes only doesn't work because the coding is very general, any state change breaks pipes. They could easily change it so that only phase changes break them, but I suspect then they would want to mess with the oil refinery's utterly ludicrous mass deletion.

Archived