The Raven's Dott Society

Who's Perspective While I'm Not Me?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Perspective While I'm Not Me?

• Mallory
    • Dr. Cox
    • Waclaw
    • Landore
    • Raven Crow

Note: Raven's Dott has a meaning to it. Try figuring it out!

Edit: The meaning has been found, look through the replies to see what it means!

Prologue

indent "Are you sure about this? We know nothing about this person." reminded the first silhouette. "Yes, I am sure. He has potential, but he cannot see where it lies." said the second silhouette. "Fine, if you say so. Who's coming besides you and me?" asked the former. "My partner and the harlequin." replied the latter. A moment of silence passed. "It is time. Inform the others." announced the second silhouette. After a minute of preparation, the 4 were ready."So, who are we going for this time, your majesty?" giggled the first newcomer. "You know very well who we are visiting. Also, I thought I told you to never call me that." retorted the leader. "Calm down. We need to get moving." soothed the second newcomer. "Landore is right, Raven. We have to go now." agreed the first silhouette. "Fine. Waclaw, Landore, Harlekin, let's go." sighed Raven Crow. Then, the group disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Chapter 1: Some Unexpected Visitors!

(Will)indent I awoke to voices. I froze, trying to make it seem like I was still asleep. "So, this is Will." said a smooth voice. Will! That's my username on the Don't Starve Forums! "He is... younger than I thought he would be." said a different, high pitched voice. "Raven, it's obvious that we have no use for this child. Also, he is too young to endure the trauma of what you have in mind." said a third voice. I must be dreaming. Raven, as in Raven Crow? As in my hero, the creator of some of the best art ever? Nope, and besides, he's just a really talented forum user. He isn't actually the all-powerful being his avatar is. I'll just close my eyes really tight, and I'll wake up. "You're right, Waclaw. It is time to go." said a fourth and final voice, presumed to be Raven Crow. Waclaw?!? That's ScienceMachine's avatar he created on the Don't Starve Forums! This can't be a dream, it's too complicated! Desperate for answers, I reached out to grab the fourth figure that had yet to leave. Right as I did, however, he teleported. Luckily for me, I had already grabbed him. I opened my eyes to see what looked like a large tube. There where many shades of blue moving on the tube. I was no longer holding the person I had grabbed. Where am I?!? Suddenly, I came to the end of the tube. I fell into a dim, stone room. I turned around to find nothing but a wall. This is too weird. I looked around to see a bed, a desk, and a door. I opened the door to see a brighter corridor with many doors on it's side, and a separate hallway. Suddenly, I became aware of a uncomfortable feeling. My skin was hurting. At first I deemed it as all in my head, but it kept getting worse. I sat down on the bed. The prickle was now pain. I looked at my hands and gasped. The ends of my fingers were growing sharp. I jumped up at looked at the rest of my body. Nothing else. The pain suddenly stopped. What is going on?!? I've got to find someone. I opened the door, and went into the room closest to mine. This one had a mirror and dresser as well. I looked at the mirror to make sure I hadn't changed. There was nothing different. I searched the room to find nothing. A nagging voice in my head told me to check a mirror again. I walked to the mirror. Nothing differ- oh no. My eyes are different. They have become serpentine! What is happening to me?!? Edited by Will

Are you saying that you're just blatantly trying to be Allen now? XD

No...^^ and wouldn't it be Cross who would use the advantage? I was only saying if Will wants me to be one of the masters I won't reject this offer. Even if Harlekin is only some strange guy in a costume...which also is batman if you think of it.....:biggrin-new:

Chapter 2: A Rushed Search

Willindent I've got to find someone! I start searching rooms rapidly, but to no avail. All are empty. After one hallway is searched, I move on to the next. No one. I'm tempted to scream, but do not. I need to find others, not be found. While searching, I come to a door. After taking a deep breath, I open it up. Inside, I find what seems to be a simple desktop computer. I sit down on the chair, and turn it on. Luckily, someone forgot to log out, so I don't need a password. Once it loads up, the whole wall lights up. This is amazing, a whole wall to view things! I open the start menu, and type in the first thing that comes to mind. Google Maps. I click on "My Location", and wait for it to load. "Error, Location cannot be determined." Not like I expected anything else. I open up the files, and hope to find some information. "Dammit all! Why can't something go right today?!?" I ask, while searching frantically for relevant files. After a couple of minutes of searching, I come upon a file simply entitled, "Machine". I open it up, and find a blueprint for a complex machine. I do a quick skim for anything else, and find nothing else. I guess this is my best shot. There seems to be no one here, and this file is all of the information I can retrieve. There's nothing else to do but get started. I look around for materials, and find an adjacent room full of scrap, gears, tools, and science-y things. I grab as much as I can, and head back into the terminal room. "Let's see... a nail here... a lever here.... and a gear here...." I mumble as I work. Suddenly, a sharp pain starts to come over my body. Not this again! This time, it grows stronger than before. Without volition, I crumple on the floor. I feel tears coming down my eyes, but I cannot move my arms to check. I cannot even shudder as I cry, or make any noise. I pass out.

Chapter 3: The Rescue

(Will)indent Where am I? I feel as if I'm laying down in a puddle... As I get up, I realize that I was correct... to an extent. I was indeed laying in water, but much more than a puddle. The whole floor was covered. I was in very similar place to where I was before I passed out. Light brown stone walls and ceiling. Suddenly, I heard a splash. I turned around to see nothing. I shrugged it off. I walked back towards the room where I was building the machine to find the door was gone. "What is this?!? It was just here!" I shout. Then, another splash sounds. I turn to my left, but nothing is there. I shudder to think what could be making that noise. Maybe the water moved me! I just have to look for that large door again. While searching, I hear a short, but rapid series of splashes. Yet again, nothing is there. I break into a steady jog. Another series of splashes sound, just as rapid, but more. I do not turn around, and start to run faster. The splashes remain constant. Slowly, I turn my head. I instantly wish I didn't. I am being followed by what seems to be a shadow figure. At first, it seems no threat. Then, images fill my mind. Me lying on the floor in a pool of my own blood. Me being decapitated. I turn around again, and run as fast as I can, and scream for help. "Someone, anyone, HEEEEELP!!!!" I yell. All of a sudden, I find myself on the floor, with the monster at my throat. Regardless of my effort to push it off, it tilts its head up and prepares to rip into my neck. I scream. Suddenly, there is nothing on me anymore I back up to hit someone's legs. I turn around to see who I expected to be Landore. Sure, why not. This day just keeps getting crazier. "I seem to be just in time. I knew you would follow the second you awoke, and tried to keep still." sighed Landore. I tried to express my gratitude, but found myself frozen. "Oh well, now is not time for chatter. I have a manifestation to disable!" laughed Landore.

Edited by Will

this feels more amnesia than DS at the moment

It's coming... give it some time. This is sort of the boring beginning to the story.

Spoiler alert

Are you sure?

Okay...

What machine do you think I was trying to build?

Can I be in the story? *starts poking will repeatedly*

Mallory what have I told you about poking the other forum members

uhh... Not to..

and what are you doing

poking will.. oh *stops*

I'm not going to say anything in fear of spoilers...

Ah, what the heck!

A

LOT of people from the Art and Lore section are going to be in this. Ex: You, Rayze Darr, Mad Potatoes, ect!

Edit: Has anyone figured out what Raven's Dott means? Or would you like a hint?

Edited by Will

Chapter 4: Landore

(Will)indent "Oh well, now is not time for chatter. I have a manifestation to disable!" laughed Landore. He then pulled out a book from his coat, entitled the Necrobunnicon. The pages flipped past, until Landore found the spell he needed. Four spikes of ice formed in front of Landore, and he launched them with a snap of his fingers. The monster dodged by jumping onto the wall at lightning speed, and starting running at us. Landore swung his arm in the direction of the beast, and the wall started to explode. I got to my feet, and grabbed a small, sharp chunk of the wall. When the dust subsided, the monster was gone. I turned around, at the monster was in mid-jump, heading straight for me. In reaction, I threw the chunk of wall at it. It opened its mouth, and a purple haze came out. It surrounding the chunk of stone, and turned it to dust. Finding no other choice, I punched it. Not a very good idea. My punch went right through it, and I was sent rolling forward due to momentum. I got to my knees, and tossed another stray wall chunk. It released its acid breath again, but it found nothing to wrap around. The chunk hit the ceiling above it, and a large slab fell on the creature. "Landore! Get it while its trapped!" I shouted. Landore opened his Necrobunnicon again, and shot out his hand. A gray sphere formed around the creature, and floated into the air. Then, something unexpected happened. Instead of crushing the creature by compressing the ball, Landore hurled it at me.As it flew, it grew slightly smaller. When it came into contact with me, it stopped. Then, it started to go through me. The pain knocked me to the ground. I tried to question Landore, but could not speak. I then fell unconscious.

Chapter 5: The Society

(Will)indent I awoke in a bed. My clothes had changed to a plain black t-shirt, a pair of black jeans, low cut socks, and a pair of black Sperrys. After deciding that I was alone in this room, I got up to investigate. There was a dresser, a bed, a mirror, a desk with paper, pencils, pens, and a brush on it, and a door. I looked in the dresser to find many duplicates of my current clothing. While searching, I realized my hands were back to normal. I walked to the mirror to find my eyes were also back to normal. Or maybe they never changed, and I was just imagining it. Putting my ears to the door, I listened. Silence. After putting out the torches, I opened the door. There were only a few doors in this hallway, and a separate corridor about halfway through. I walked towards the new hallway, but heard a quite murmuring. I slowed down, and walked down the corridor. The murmurs grew to a normal volume, and then to large amounts of shouting. I then realized that I had walked into a large room full of people, stalls, and booths. The room wasn't exactly full to the brim, but many people were in it. I even recognized a few. jujubomber, with his owl hat, RockinMouse, dressed like a female Wes, and FaithSDK, dressed in her Soldier attire. Taking a step back, I gasped. All of the people from the forums were their avatar in real life. On the other side of the room was another dark hallway. I started walking towards it, trying to be as nonchalant as possible. After crossing the room, I breathed a sigh of relief. Man, this hallway is dark. Right as I got ready to walk down the hallway, I heard someone clear their their throat. I turned around to see what looked like a floating grin and eyes.

Edited by Will

Chapter 6: Dr. Cox

(Will)indent I turned around to see a floating pair of eyes and a mouth. Out of fear, I fell back. "Oh, don't worry. I'm not going to kill you. My work hours haven't started yet!" laughed the floating facial features. I can officially say I might be going crazy. Just maybe. I got up. "Why did you sneak up behind me, then?" I asked. "I didn't. You just nearly ran into me. Let me turn on the lights..." explained the floating facial features. All of a sudden, torches on the sides of the hallway lit up. What was standing in front of me was no longer floating facial features, but what looked like a humanoid shadow ferret with long ears. A moment later, I realized I was talking to Dr. Cox, in person. "Wait a second! You're Dr. Cox!" I gasped. "Ah, you must be the one that Landore was talking about. He sent me to get you. Just go down this hallway, and at the end, there will be a black door. Knock 1 pair of triplets." Dr. Cox explained. I nodded in understanding. "Good luck, Will." said Dr. Cox. "Oh, my names-" I tried to put in. "Just to let you know, you're known as Will here, to avoid confusion." stated Dr. Cox. "Okay then." I called, as I ran down the hallway. I wonder what Landore wants with me. I feel like I should be mad at him for something, but I can't remember why... Finally, I got to the end of the hallway. I knocked on the door Dr. Cox instructed me to, and I heard a voice say, "Come in." I entered see Landore talking to two other people. They turned around, and I realized they were Raven Crow and Waclaw. I stopped in my tracks, feeling as if I had just intruded on something very important. "Oh, Will. We were just talking about you." stated Landore. I just stood there, uncertain of what to do. I didn't want to make a bad first impression on two of my heroes. "I'd bet you're probably wondering where you are. Welcome to the headquarters of our society." Raven welcomed. I then had a total fan-boy moment. I feinted from happiness.

Chapter 7: Knowledge

(Will)indent I regained consciousness on the floor. "Well, Raven, it seems you have a fan!" chuckled Waclaw. I got to my feet, and tried act like nothing had happened. "What do you do in this society?" I asked. "We are stopping Maxwell from putting any other people into his purgatory." responded Waclaw. So, Don't Starve is real too. "By the way, where was I when I fell unconscious before appearing in here?" I continued. "You were in the deeper parts of our headquarters. It's a good thing Landore found you when he did, or you'd be a goner." Raven explained. "Done for? What do you mean?" I don't remember any danger in that place... "You see, this place isn't meant for human beings. Your body was rejected, and the magic here started to change you to make you acceptable. This also meant destroying every fragment of your mind. That is where that manifestation came from. It was what was going to take over after it destroyed you." Landore informed. It then came back, the dark hallway, Landore saving me, the monster... and then Landore shoving it in my chest. "Mm-hm, so why did you put that monster that was trying to destroy me inside me? Kind of counter productive." I brought up. "You see, what Landore did was sort of a compromise. You were no longer a human by definition, so you were allowed here. You also kept you mind, though." laughed Raven. "No longer human?!?" I exclaimed in panic. Going from human to not has sort of been drilled into me as a bad thing. "By sealing that manifestation inside of you, I have given you its power. Why, you might ask? Because you showed the qualities we look for." Landore stated. "But I thought you said I was too young." I reminded. "Yes, that is true. Unfortunately, we are in a need for new members. We'll just have to train you harder to make up for your age so you aren't slaughtered in five seconds." Waclaw stated. "Know, we need to brief you on the whole history of why you are here." said Raven. "I'm ready to listen." I assured. "Great. Now, let's start. As you know, Maxwell has brought innocent people from all over the world into his hell to have fun. Our job, as stated before, is to stop him. If possible, we also need to save the current inhabitants of his world. That is all you need to know." Waclaw explained. "Now, Will. You could very possibly die during your tasks. If you do, you will never be seen again by anyone. In the human world, you will have just disappeared. You will go through your normal life, but will be called upon when needed. Are you fine with these terms?" warned Raven. "Yes, I am." I answered. "Very good. Your training starts tomorrow. Be ready, and clear your schedule. We will have someone pose as you until you can return to your home. You are now officially part of the Raven's Dott Society!" Raven exclaimed.

Edited by Will

No, I haven't forgotten. I just was busy with school. Anyway, here are chapters 8 and 9!

Chapter 8: A Day at the Market With Mallory!

(Will)indent I didn't know what to say. I have just gone from social outcast to part of something big. All I can say is one thing: I'm so glad its summer. And I swear I just heard Raven say I train tomorrow. I wonder what I can do? Ohhh, my squee is showing! "Yes , sir!" I reply. "You can go now. Just ask Mallory where to go. You know, stormfront." explained Landore. I nod my head, and leave the room. After a while of walking down the hallway, I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see a girl around my age wearing a fluffy, white hat. After a second, I realize I am looking at Mallory. "Hi, newbie! I'm Mallory!" exclaimed Mallory. "

I'm Will. Nice to meet you!" I respond. "You know, before you showed up, I used to be the newbie! Trust me, it isn't all that bad! And the training isn't too bad either! A lot of the senior members still train to unlock their full potential!" Mallory stated happily. "So, Landore said you can show me the way out of here. Would it be fine if you could do that, please?" I ask. "Oh, you don't have to use please here! Talk how you like! To answer your question, sure! But why would you want to leave now? You just got here! Let's have some fun!" Laughed Mallory. "Okay then! Let's do that, then!" I cheer. Well, I've found my best friend! Mallory grabbed my arm, and started to run down the hallway towards the Market. First, we went to the a booth entitled, "The Crock Pot". Mallory ordered for me. We sat at our table, and our waiter arrived with our food soon. Mallory got an order of lasagna with purplish sauce, and I got sub sandwich. I took a bite, and felt so alive. The bread was fresh, the vegetables cold, but not frozen, and the meat! Tastes like chicken! I look inside the sandwich to see frog legs. Hm, a Froggie Brunwhich! I see that Mallory's lasagna was slightly smelly. It must be Monster Lasagna, with the Durians and Monster Meat. No wonder its called The Crock Pot! After that, Mallory and I went to many different booths and did many different things. I had the time of my life! After maybe 2 hours, we stopped to sit at a bench. "That was amazing! All of those different games, the cool stuff, and the food! Is it always this lively?" I ask cheerily. "Well, no. Your lucky you showed up when you did! It's the anniversary of our society in a few days!" Mallory answered. The anniversary... "How many years has this society been around?" I inquire. "About a century or two." Mallory replied. Wow, that's a long time. "Well, you probably want to go home now. Let me take you to the portal." Mallory sighed. She then did just that. I wished her farewell, and I was teleported home. 3:00 AM, read my clock. Wow, all of that happened in only 4 hours?!? Oh well, At least I have time to sleep...

Chapter 9: Inter-Dimensional Travel

(Will)indent My alarm went off at 10:00 AM. I went to my pantry for some cereal, and sat down at the table. I remembered Raven's words. "Your training starts tomorrow. Be ready, and clear your schedule. We will have someone pose as you until you can return to your home." I have training today. Good thing my parents won't be home, and my brother is in Washington D.C. for band. I look at my calender to make sure I have no plans, and sigh with relief. I wonder when the training will start. And how will I get there? Oh well, I'll worry about that when it comes. I'm going to relax until then! -2 hours later- I start my laptop, and open my browser. I go to the forums to check what's new. Nothing important. So, if Don't Starve is real, then does that mean Klei is working with Maxwell? Nah, I'm probably over thinking this. I refresh the page to see a private message. It's from Raven. I open it to see the words; It Is Time. Oh boy. You know how I said I'd worry about it when I got there? I'm worried now. How will I get there? I don't have a form of inter-dimensional travel! Suddenly, I hear a puff-like sound. I turn around to see Mallory. "You ready, Will?" she asks. "Of course I'm ready. What should I do?" I respond. "Just grab my arm!" exclaimed Mallory. I did just that, and suddenly, I felt as if I was falling. I looked around to a bunch of different colours all around me and Mallory. It then ended as quickly as it began. "Wow. I don't know what to say about what just happened." I stated. "You get used to it." Mallory responded. "Well, I have to go train. Maybe I can see you after?" I ask. "Sure. Maybe we can go to the carnival again!" exclaimed Mallory. "Sweet! Bye!" I shout as I run down the hallway. Time to train!

Edited by Will