The Raven's Dott Society

Who's Perspective While I'm Not Me?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Perspective While I'm Not Me?

• Mallory
    • Dr. Cox
    • Waclaw
    • Landore
    • Raven Crow

well it impossible be me

I wouldn't force you, you make so many great art and the people keep requesting stuff from you

i am not good in drawing the forumers

I'm not buying it, yours would be great as always ^^)

After I finish writing, I plan to go back and put illustrations on the really important moments.

Nice to hear about this.

Chapter 10: Training Room

(Will)indent After running down the hallway for awhile, I came upon a lone door. To its side was a very simple plaque that said, "Training Room". I opened the door to see pitch black. I walked in, and the door shut behind me. Suddenly, the ground beneath me lit up with dark purple lines. They spread randomly through out the room, until it was lit. "Hello? Is anyone in here? Raven?" I shout. No response. I walk into the middle of the room. After some time passes, I get anxious. I look around to see if there is any thing I missed. Eventually, I find a keypad. Well, that sucks. I'm not gonna try to hack it. Walking around, I notice the lines make an abstract pattern. I followed it to realize it resembled pathways. I follow them, and due to me being to interested in lines, reach a wall. However, instead of walking into it, I walk on it. I look down in amazement. I try walking off of the path, and fall off of the wall. "Wow, anti-gravity paths. Interesting." I mumble. Suddenly, I hear a familiar voice, clearing his throat. "Now that you've had fun with the wall, would you like to start training?" asked Landore. "Landore! Oh, yes. Sorry about that." I reply. "Okay, then. Follow me into the center of the room." ordered Landore. I followed. "So, first I want to let you know what you can do. You can do..." Landore paused for dramatic effect. "Nothing." stated Landore. I waited for him to say something, like, "I'm kidding," or, "But seriously..". Nothing. "Your joking, right?" I ask. "No. You can do absolutely nothing what so ever." I swear I just felt my eye twitch. "Then, how can I help you if I can't fight? If I can't do anything, why did you let me in?" I question. "That's the thing." Oh ****. "It's not you that can do the combat. It's that thing I sealed in you." Landore explained. "So your saying that I'm like a cage? I carry it around, and when you need it, you just unzip me like a carry on bag?!?" I exclaim. "Oh, no. Nothing like that. You just have to take its power, and use it for yourself. In other words, you transform." Landore responded. "Whoa. That actually sounds kind of cool. How do I do it?" I ask. "Well, that's what I'm here to show you today. Let's begin!" exclaimed Landore.

Chapter 11: Transform!

(Will)indent "The first thing I need to do is loosen the seal I put on you. It makes it so you can't interact with the monster. Obviously, you need to do just that." explained Landore. I nod my head. Landore walks towards me. He pulls out his Necrobunnicom, and the pages turn. His cloak flaps in the wind as his arm starts to glow. Suddenly, without warning, he shoots a beam out of his arm. Its a direct hit. Suddenly, I feel an immense burst of life. I could run anywhere, beat anything... "Oh, crap. I loosened it too much!" Landore mutters. "Too much? I think not enough!" I laugh. Suddenly everything becomes more clear. The room gains a more... defined look. I can hear a heartbeat, growing faster. I turn towards Landore to see he is sweating, and looking worried. It annoys me. and me... I must make him stop, before I get angry. Without warning, the rush stops. It feels as if a layer of blur was removed from the my eyes. I look up to see my arm in mid-swiping position. "Oh boy. This is going to be harder than I thought." Landore sighed. "What just happened?" I asked. "I loosened the seal far too much. I was afraid I had lost you. It nearly took over, from the looks of it. Don't worry, I tightened it back to where we need it." Landore replied. "Was I about to..." "Attack me? Yes. And while it looks like you would have only slapped me, you didn't notice it transformed you into its own image. But anyway, let's work on turning that power towards our own use." Landore stated. "Okay then. What do I do?" I ask. "First, you simply close your eyes. Look for the darkness. Give it shape, and cover yourself in it." Landore explained. I close my eyes. I focused on the darkness. Now to give it shape. I decided on Monster Wilson, just for kicks. I imagined it covering me, and then I felt the rush from before. But it stopped getting larger. I opened my eyes to see everything slightly brighter. "Good, you've taken the form. And you've been able to not be influenced by it yet. But be cautioned, the longer you stay like this, the easier it will be for it to control you." warned Landore. I looked at my arms to pitch black arms with claws instead of fingers. "Okay. I look cool now. What can I do?" I question. "Well, we don't exactly know. Try focusing your energy on this target." suggested Landore. The target sprang up, and I focused on it. The area around it distorted, and eventually the target itself. Then, the target shattered. "Hm, spacial attacks. Try focusing your energy on empty space." suggested Landore once more. I focused, and heard a tick-tock sound. Suddenly, the target was back together. "Ah, you have space-time attacks. " Landore stated. "Now, to turn back to normal, dispel the shadows." added Landore. I imagined a bright light incinerating the shadows, and I was back to normal. Suddenly, Mallory and Dr. Cox burst into the room. "Landore, have you seen Harlekin around?!?" cried Dr. Cox. "No, what's wrong?" Landore replied, concerned. "Harlekin is missing! And some of his blood is on the floor!" Mallory shouted." "What?!? We have to find him and make sure he is alright!" gasped Landore. We ran out of the room, and were led to the room where Harlekin's blood was. "This is bad... What could have happened?!?" cried Landore. I crouched down onto the floor. Hey, you... "What was that?!?" I question. "Will, what are you talking about?" asked Mallory. "I just heard a voice!" I answer. Let me help you with my senses... Suddenly, I saw a vapor coming off of the blood. It formed a trail. "Wait a second... there's a gas coming off of the blood!" I exclaim. "Well, follow it!" ordered Landore. I opened the door, and ran along the trail. Eventually, I came upon a familiar, large door. I opened it, and gasped. It was the computer room from when I first got here. And, the machine was complete. "Landore... I think you might want to see this!" I shout. He comes running, and sees the machine. His eyes grow wide. He runs up to it, and messes with it. "No... I... can't believe it..." Landore whispers. "Oh s**t! Oh F**K!! That's Maxwell's Door! He can come in here! We're doomed!" Mallory cried. Oh s**t. Does that mean I built Maxwell's door? "It was... used... recently. Will... is there the trail ends?" murmured Landore. I nod my head. "You're f**king kidding me!" Landore cries. "We've got to save Harlekin!" Landore exclaims. I feel a large wave of guilt. I started building this machine. That must have been enough for Maxwell to complete it. And now he's taken Harlekin! Then, due to the guilt, I passed out. Edited by Will
Not a gender blender.

*cough*I hate to come off as a nit picker but..

first you had Mallory refer to her self as me we are two separate beings that share an account, I also doubt raven and the others would put a 10 year in charge of the newbie, and in chapter 11 she was way out of character when it comes to combat she's like 90% bluffing when it comes to Maxwell and would probably panic over the machine thing...

It's fine! I'll edit it. Besides, who ever said that Mallory was the only you? I hate to spoil, but there was going to by a chapter all about you and Mallory being 2 different beings. Plus, Raven put you in charge of me because, well, everyone else was busy. Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Will

Chapter 12: Guilt

(Will)indent Boy, I've done a lot of passing out in the past few days. I should really see a doctor about that. I awaken on the floor. Again. Luckily, I was only unconscious for a minute or so, so nobody noticed. "So, who's going?" I ask. "This is a very dangerous job. We are probably entering Maxwell's lair. Raven, Waclaw, and I are going." Landore answers. I decide to keep my mouth shut about me starting to build the machine, and thus should go, because Landore might literally kill me. "Dr. Cox, I need you to explain to Raven and Waclaw what happened. Then, send them over here. We need to leave very soon." Landore ordered. He nods his head, and rushes down the hall. There's only one thing I can do. It's stupid, and probably will hurt more than help, but there's still a chance it could help. I need to form a team to go with to help. "Mallory and I are going to go help Dr. Cox." I inform. We walk down the hall until we are out of earshot. "Mallory, I have to admit something." I state. This isn't going to be fun. "When I first got here, and was lost, I stumbled upon that computer room. I then started building the machine, not knowing what it was." I sigh. Suddenly, I was on the floor with a stinging face. "You WHAT?!?" Mallory shouted. Oh crap. "I'm sorry! I didn't know what it was, and I was panicked. It's not very fun feeling like your skin is getting dissolved my acid!" I explain. "Anyway, I need your help. I'm going to make a team to help Landore, Raven, and Waclaw." I add. "No. Out of the question. I'm not going anywhere near Maxwell." Mallory stated. "Mallory, why are you afraid of Maxwell so much? It's not like he is THAT powerful." I ask. "Family reasons. It's private." Mallory denies. "Whatever, I can't think of anyone else than you and Dr. Cox who would go with me. Please." I sigh. "I'll think about it." muttered Mallory. "Thank you. Now I need to go ask-" "Sure, I'll go!" exclaimed Dr. Cox. Gets me every time. "Great, then. We have our team. Now we just have to be sneaky leaving." I said cheerfully. Maybe, we can also save some other people, too.

Chapter 13: Maxwell's Door

(Will)indent "Hey, is there an armory anywhere in here? I wouldn't mind a nice knife or something." I ask. "Yes, near the training room." answered Dr. Cox. After getting armed, we made our way towards Maxwell's Door. "Here we are. It's time to take the fight to Maxwell." I exclaim. I have to admit, I was excited. It's not everyday that I get to fight with super powers that I could only dream of. "Let's pull it together." Mallory suggested. We all put our hands on the switch, and pulled down. The gears turned, and the wheels spun. Out of it's sides, shadow hands came out. They coiled around us, and pulled us into the doorway. Then, nothing but black. "Anyone see any good movies lately?" I ask, trying to lift the mood. Suddenly, we fall flat on our faces onto a hard floor. I look up to see we are in a long, dark, corridor. Great, more hallways. Just like Final Fantasy 13! "So this is Maxwell's lair. Seems... exactly how I expect it would be. "Which way should we go?" I ask. "I'm starting to wish I didn't agree to this." Mallory whispers. "I think... we should go that way." Dr. Cox points to the end in front of us. "Seems legit. Let's go." I agree. We walk down the hallway. Eventually, we see a door. "W-w-what if Maxwell is in there?" Mallory murmurs. "He'll have to get through me first." I respond. "Oh, I feel so safe now." Mallory responds sarcastically. I open the door. It is all dark. "I can't see anything..." I sigh. Maybe I can help... And there is my newly gained schizophrenia. Perfect. Suddenly, the room lights up. I keep still. Nothing. "Did you guys just see the room light up?" I ask. "I have night vision, sorry." responds Dr. Cox. "Me, too." added Mallory. Night vision, eh? I guess schizophrenia can give night vision. The more you know! I walk into the room. So far, nothing stran- Oh boy. That's disturbing. "What is it?" Mallory asks. "Oh god. What the heck?!? That's sick!" gasped Mallory. Must... resist... urge... to.... feint.... Edited by Will

Chapter 14: Bloody Scissors

(Will)indent Somehow, I resist my body's urge to feint. The room is immensely bloody. At the other end, is another door. "Oh god... what made all of this blood?!?" I question. That's when I noticed it. In the middle of the room, on the ground was a pair of scissors. The blades were irregularly long, and were drenched in blood. Someone that uses scissors as a weapon... "You don't think Raven did this?" I ask. "Yes, I do in fact think this is Raven's work." answered Dr. Cox. "Oh well. At least we know someone on our side did this. Let's move on." I suggest. "Will, I'm really starting to think this was a horrible idea. Why are we even here? Raven, Landore, and Waclaw can take care of themselves." reminded Mallory. "I don't know. There's just a feeling in my gut that something bad is going to happen. And besides, they may need help carrying the people we rescue." I answer. "People? Aren't we just saving Harlekin?" asked Dr. Cox. "Isn't it obvious? We can save Wilson and the others, too!" I exclaim. "No. Maxwell might not notice us saving Harlekin, but all of his victims? He'll be on us in an instant!" retorted Mallory. "I don't know, we'll see when we get there. Let's just keep moving." I sigh. We go through the other door, and continue walking down the new hallway. I hear a distant yell. "What was that?" I whisper. "I-I-I don't know, but I want to stay away from it." responded Mallory. I couldn't agree more. "You know, it's too bad that's where we have to go. Suck it up." stated Dr. Cox. "As much as I hate it, he's right." I sigh. Again. "Fine, but I'm in the middle so when we hit a trap, I live and you die." retorted Mallory. "Mallory, no one's going to die. And I won't let any of you get hurt. I'll lose my arm first." I promise. We keep walking. Another yell sounds from the same direction, but much louder. "We're close." I whisper. We slow to a sneak, and keep moving. There are no more yells. Finally, the hallway ends. There is a double door. "I guess we go in here." I suggest. "You first." Mallory orders. Sighing, I open the door to find myself not wanting to feint. What a surprise! Instead, I gasp. There, in the middle of the room, is Harlekin with his back to me. "Guys, I've found Harlekin!" I whisper. Mallory and Dr. Cox enter the room. I feel a gush of relief. Great, I didn't get somebody killed! "Harlekin, it's us! Will, Mallory, and Dr. Cox! We've come to get you!" I shout. He then turned around.

Chapter 15: The Puppet Master

(Will)indent At first, I'm happy. Then confused. Then, finally, scared. "Harlekin!" I cry. His face... it was messed up. It looked like he had been crying blood, and his eyes were dull. Think Japan from Hetalia, except nearly passed out. Suddenly, he pulls out of his back pack (Don't Starve Backpack) a loaded crossbow. He lets the bolt fly, and it pierces me in the arm. I am gripped by the agony. I didn't think it would hurt this much! I slam into the wall, and double over. "Mallory! Dr. Cox! Stay out of this!" I shout. Thank goodness for that doctor who came into my classroom one day, or I would have taken the bolt out. I need to stop the blood drainage as much as possible. I pull out my knife, and get up. What is going on?!? This must be a fake Harlekin. He wouldn't do this! I charge, dodging bolts, and strike. I knock the crossbow from his grasp. I jump back, and prepare to strike once more. He then pulls out a short sword out of her backpack. Oh come on, how does that fit?!? He lunges, and I attempt to parry it with my knife. Alas, I suck. He struck the knife's blade, and it was sent flying. Well, there's only one thing to do. Time to see what I can do! I cover myself in shadow, and feel the rush again. Unfortunately, while I was going all anime on him, he had equipped his crossbow again. He aimed at Mallory, and fired. Damn, my transformation wasn't complete, and Dr. Cox had already left! Time to fulfill my promise! "Stay away from her!" I yelled, as I got in the way of the shot. I held out my arm to block, and felt the bolt go straight through it. Suddenly, the feeling stopped. I looked at my arm to see it was gone. Today is not my day. Luckily, as the shadow enveloped me, my arm regrew. But it felt... different than everything else. It felt more powerful. The transformation was complete! I ran at the fake Harlekin, and struck. He was sent flying, hit the wall with a very organic thump. I held out my arm, and charged my attack. Suddenly, Landore, Raven, Waclaw, and Dr. Cox burst into the room. "Will! Stop! That's the real Harlekin!!" cried Landore. "But that's impossible! He attacked Mallory and me!" I shouted. I stop the attack, and revert to normal. "Yes, he did. I told him too." said a new voice. I turned around. On the statue on the wall of Maxwell stood a figure in a cloak. "Who are you?!?" I demanded. "I am... the Puppet Master! And soon, all of you will join your friend as parts of my master and I's collection!" laughed the man, clearly bats**t insane. "Starting with you! You already have ties with him!" said the "Puppet Master", as he pointed at Waclaw. Edited by Will
I am not a gender blender.

Harlekin is biological a guy but he doesn't often act like the typical male specimen. His character is.....not defined by gender you could say. If he is dressed like he likes and with his behaviour he could also be a woman. He doesn't care if he is reffered a woman since he makes no difference between male or female.

Edited by MilleniumCount

Harlekin is biological a guy but he doesn't often act like the typical male specimen. His character is.....not defined by gender you could say. If he is dressed like he likes and with his behaviour he could also be a woman. He doesn't care if he is reffered a woman since he makes no difference between male or female.

Or we could just say that this Harlekin's from another reality where she is a woman! :D

sounds like landore found his kind

sounds like landore found his kind
I find this revelation very very amusing.

Harlekin: I'm glad we have such an open minded community. I feel very comfortable here.

So Harlekin is mind-controlled or body-controlled? Puppetmaster shows body controlling skills in my imagination. It would be better for him because if you enter Harlekins mind you would probably drown in rainbows and smileys (kind of the far opposite of drowning in sadness and despair but not less letal....^^)

Harlekin: I'm glad we have such an open minded community. I feel very comfortable here.

So Harlekin is mind-controlled or body-controlled? Puppetmaster shows body controlling skills in my imagination. It would be better for him because if you enter Harlekins mind you would probably drown in rainbows and smileys (kind of the far opposite of drowning in sadness and despair but not less letal....^^)

that reminds me of warden from super jail. but is more psychidelic.

I'm sorry about that... It's just kinda hard trying to please everybody. Don't worry, I'll go back and edit it~!

You don't have to be sorry, no worries. Sometimes you can't be sure till you ask. There is no absolute need of editing but if you want to be biological correct it would be a he in this case.

It's okay, I'm fine with it. It's not like gender has an essential influence on the story, and just a few edits. Next part coming today!

Chapter 16: Waclaw's Strength

(Will)indent "You've got to be joking." sighed Waclaw. "Not at all, good sir!" the "Puppet Master" laughed. Great. We've got ourselves a lunatic. Oh well, being crazy might not be a bad thing. Who knows. Waclaw, at that point, suddenly burst into laughter. I can't blame him. A look of anger appeared on the face of the Puppet Master. "SILENCE!" he shouted. "You have NO RIGHT to laugh at me! You will soon serve my every command!" he yelled, in a fit of uncontrollable rage. He shot out his arms, and strings came from his finger tips. They sped towards Waclaw, but he dodged them with ease. He jumped into the air, and shot red, crystal like projectiles at the Puppet Master. Let's call him The Madman, because that's just a mouth full. The Madman pulled his cape over his body, and the projectiles bounced off of it. Waclaw chuckled, and pulled out 2 revolvers. He aimed, and fired. Instead of normal bullets, however, was what seemed like pure electricity. Complete with tracers. The Madman dodged all of the bullets, but Waclaw was too fast. He got behind his enemy, and grabbed hold of him with a single hand. He then proceeded to throw him across the room with ease. After the smoke died away, the Madman stood, arms outstretched, with a following of the type of masks you see on a opera building. He flicked his fingers, and they came rushing at Waclaw. In response, he jumped forward. He brought his arms in front of his chest, and then outstretched them. The masks then all crumbled into dust. "You got this, Waclaw!" I cheered. The Madman turned his head toward me, and gave a sadistic grin. I really need to learn keep my mouth shut. The Madman ran towards me at blinding speeds. I tried to start my transformation, but he had already grabbed my arm. He then threw me at the wall. Instinctively, I held out my arms to break my impact. But instead of hitting a wall, I kept flying. I opened my eyes to see the wall in front of my was now broken. I spun in midair, and came to a stranded landing. How did I break that wall?!? I'm not supposed to be able to do anything in my human form, but I guess now I can. Level up! I started my transformation for real this time, and entered the room. "Okay, I can deal with getting shot with a crossbow. I can stand losing an arm. But NO ONE throws me at a wall!" I shouted, as I ran towards the Madman. Time for a little payback.

Chapter 17: Strings

(Will)indent While in mid-run, my transformation completed. I leaped into the air, and sent an overhead punch into the Madman's direction. He dodged, and got behind me. I turned around to find his arm outstretched. I jumped out of the way of his strings, and held out my arm. He started strafing, the ground to his side exploding. Time for some teamwork! "Waclaw! Get ready to hit him at the first crater!" I instructed. He nodded, and ran to the first crater. I focused on the crater, and the Madman being there. Then, the Madman started running backwards towards the first crater. I lowered my arm, and Waclaw landed a blow. "Enough of this! Harlekin, busy this boy so I can take His Lord's pet back to him!" ordered the Madman. Oh yeah, I forgot Harlekin was in the room. "Nope." I laugh, as I cave in the floor beneath Harlekin. "Good luck getting out of that!" I taunt. "Will! Look out! He was lowering your guard!" shouted Landore. I turn around to see his strings heading towards me. I try to move, but see that two separate shadow hands have grabbed me. I let loose a cry of fear before the strings reach me. I feel them sink into my skin, and connect to my bones. I usher a cry of agony as the Madman outstretches his other hand, and sends a single string towards my head. "No no no nooo!" I shout. Waclaw tried to stop him, but Harlekin had made his way out of the hole and was in between the two. The string slammed into my head, and knocked it back. I felt is sink through my skin, and I turned back to normal via exhaustion. Suddenly,the strings vanished. But I could still feel them. I tried to move, but found that I could not. I think I'm starting to see why he's called the Puppet Master. The Madman twiddles his fingers, and I shake. Oh no. This can't be happening. I start to walk towards him. Every fiber of my body is telling me to do it, but my mind says no. I can't let him control me! I stop moving. I try to move backwards, but still cannot move. "Raven.... help..... me...." I manage to mutter. The Madman's face obtains an outraged expression, and he twiddles his fingers more. I start to move closer. No! I can't let him take me! I focus all of my energy onto my arm, and make it pull out what's left of my dagger. Enough for what I need. I lift my arm up, and stab myself in the leg. I get a bolt of energy, and stab myself in the other leg. I get another bolt, and take a few steps backwards. I can't do this alone!!! You're not alone. You have me. Let me help. Just let loose control to me. Sounds all fine and dandy, but how do I know you are a real entity? What if I now have schizophrenia and end up getting myself in trouble by loosening up? Then how did I give you night vision? Help you see the scent of blood?Fine. Do what you want. Sure beats becoming a mindless minion. Just don't take all control. No response. Oh boy, what did I just do?

Disclaimer: Next few chapters will NOT be from my perspective for obvious reasons. I might butcher how another character thinks, and if so, I deeply apologize. Thank you for understanding that I do not have mind reading powers. If I did, my stories involving other characters would almost be spot on. Next part coming soon~!

Edited by Will

[MENTION=8544]Will[/MENTION] , have I ever told you your stories are amazingly addicting and extremely great?

Why thank you! Unfortunately, my spring break is over now. Hopefully, I will still be able to make good stories. Now, I am adding a poll for who's perspective to go by in the next few chapters.