Ocean 2 Appreciation

1 minute ago, Sunset Skye said:

That doesn't really work, as the DST world has waterfalls pouring down on all edges, and no waterfalls pouring onto it. If anything, Hamlet would be pouring straight down to the SW ocean.

I still really like this idea, Im gonna go more in-depth in a minute after im drawing sketching out my ideas

it makes more sense to me that RoG and Sw are more or less on the same level of elevation and hamlet is on a high plateau mountainesque surface, maybe above sw. I don't think the graph we're making now does a good job as representing the constant thus far. heres one i doodled in about 8 minutes to represent what i believe to be the current landmasses and their positioning compared to eachother now. constant_map_by_sebalikesmario_dddmi03-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NDUxIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvY2YyNWUwMGItZDk0Mi00Y2E0LTk4OWItMzRlMjUxNDM0NzgzXC9kZGRtaTAzLWFhNDQ1OWMwLTAyNDMtNDA5MC04MjM3LWQ2ZmU2NTQxZDMzMi5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.Yr1InQCva__mzV4O6dVpa33F8BoYY2t8Yazv7hozcpA

2 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

My only wondering now is... Has anyone tested the basements mod with this new ocean change? I'm guessing it still works fine.

You know what, I'm willing to bet money that the new ocean borked it, if the mod itself wasn't updated.

OP--I love how you call your own topic "not good" right at the beginning.  Have a little faith in yourself!  We've had WAY stupider topics here.  Way way.  XD

Canis...that picture...

DUUUUUDE...!!!

I've always kind of thought one should be able to sail off into the Shipwrecked islands from the RoG coast; memory and coding problems notwithstanding.  I mean, in a _lore_ way, that idea has always worked for me.  The _original_ climate?  Well, of course everyone knows that the Vanilla DS world suddenly gained two more seasons and new biomes by LOOK OVER THERE!  (runs away)

Headcanonly, I'd also like to throw in the UNDERwater zone from the "Creeps in the Deeps" mod to the bottom layer.  :)

Spoiler

jumpintowaterhole.png.434e3d674e7359910a82b44290fffab3.png

Let's jump into this random icy water hole in the middle of winter, kitty!  I'm sure that's TOTALLY safe!

wigfridunderthewaves.png.13e322e13b704105f1f4a0699d32eb96.png

.As you can see from the lung-meter here and how fast it's going down, oxygen is, indeed, not included.

;)

But that's just me.  It kinda works, though!  Hamlet...regular surface world...ocean...and then you have an underGROUND, _and_ an underWATER.  :)

...Notorious

It is!  I never got very far underwater myself (I didn't find the materials I needed to make the beginning underwater-air things that'd let you make the better ones later, etc.) but it's a BIG mod that took a lot of work and heck, even changes the title screen and has its own theme music!  Not sure how well it works with Hamlet, but...

...Notorious

Archived