Turf Regeneration?

We had a dream, to make Cobblestones roads to every landmarks in the world. From the Pig King to the Oasis, from the Cave Entrance to the Ruins. About 75% progress, we are out of Cobblestones and the Rockyland biome is now naked.

Hence comes forth the idea of making dug turf to regenerate back into it's original turf after a while. Of course this only applies to the turfs that haven't be replaced by other turfs (only the no-turf turf) and maybe natural turfs only (so no carpet and checkered). Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

Caves are filled to the absolute brim with rocky turf unless

A. Real real bad world generation 

B. You dont have caves turned on

Your ideas still cool tho 

The "rocky" turf in the cave is different from the overworld. It's called "Cave Rock Turf" and cannot be used to make roads sadly.

5 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

The "rocky" turf in the cave is different from the overworld. It's called "Cave Rock Turf" and cannot be used to make roads sadly.

Regular rock turf is also down there alongside cave rock turf. I farm for both of them when I go into caves some summers as one makes cobblestone and the other just looks neat

4 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

Regular rock turf is also down there alongside cave rock turf. I farm for both of them when I go into caves some summers as one makes cobblestone and the other just looks neat

oh you're right, there's a few on the branches of caves.

1 hour ago, Pruinae said:

I would also like a way to remove the world-generated roads, they are helpful early game but in the late game if you have done your own roads they just make things look messy.

Oh my god, yes. Ive been wanting a mod that flat-out removes them from your world since ever.

I think turfs should be their own crafting tab, and you should be able to craft any turf. It is kinda funky that most turfs aren't renewable. I don't megabase, but I know a lot of people do, so it'd make sense to be able to renew turfs.

Archived