I've been wondering what the general consensus is about the seasons.  There was another post, but it's archived now, so I was curious if anything has changed since the updates for the consoles came out last year.

I can't stand Monsoon season, even with adequate preparation.  The constant mosquitos that spawn everywhere are excruciatingly aggravating.

Although overheating is the most annoying feature in the game, at least it doesn't cause fires like in RoG.  Plus, the dragoon eggs can be avoided easily enough during summer IMO, but the mosquitos are everywhere all the time,  it seems.

Thoughts?

If I can find the volcano, I think monsoon is the worst, because I'm never able to stop the flood water from getting all over my camp. My machines all stop working, and I either use up all my rain gear, or I get soaking wet and insane. And also the mosquitoes stink, I agree.

If I can't find the volcano in time, then I think dry season is the worst, because I'm at the mercy of the volcano. I don't know how many times I've died to the eruptions, revived with a life-giving amulet/life jacket, died to the same eruption still going on, revived with a touchstone, died to the same eruption, been revived by a meat effigy, and finally died to the same eruption a fourth+ time without any way to come back. You'd think the eruption would end while the day passes, since you revive at the dawn of the next day...

I mean, yeah, you can dodge the volcano rocks, but make one slip-up, and it's instant death, and after reviving, you don't have whatever you might have had to aid your maneuverability anymore, and the eruption just keeps. going.

Mild season is mild season, I go nomadic and search for PAckim/Rawling/Volcano during Monsoon, and i dodge/tank rocks on an armored boat with coffee and boat kits so i think they're manageable in my own weird way.

Hurricane season just hits me so hard every time light flashes across the screen, so hurricane season it is.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:45 PM, metallichydra said:

dry season, because i dont like the work music

Christ almighty, i love the work music. It fits the mood and the tropical mood best imo... tho ofcz this is my opinion, and i respect your opinion that Dry Season Work isnt good in your opinion.

That being said, idk whats so wrong with me. Most people claim to like the Summer work theme... while i find it the most soul-drillingly annoying one...

Also, i guess i kinda don't like Monsoon Season too, then, because it's work and fight themes grind against the gut of my soul. 

however, th boss theme is great.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:09 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

Christ almighty, i love the work music. It fits the mood and the tropical mood best imo... tho ofcz this is my opinion, and i respect your opinion that Dry Season Work isnt good in your opinion.

That being said, idk whats so wrong with me. Most people claim to like the Summer work theme... while i find it the most soul-drillingly annoying one...

Also, i guess i kinda don't like Monsoon Season too, then, because it's work and fight themes grind against the gut of my soul. 

however, th boss theme is great.

i like moonsoon work and fight theme. i dont think i like the moonsoon boss theme, but cant really remember it.

Archived