should red alert remove sopping wet?

This strange behavior already exist when I start playing around QOL1.

our poor mi-ma was cooked in steam vent,so I raise yellow alert ,red alert on everything to save our pool soul.
what happen is our heroine gossmann go inside the waterlock,play the sopping wet animation once,then save the day and carrying mi-ma out of the hot room
AND play the sopping wet animation again! on her way out telling us there no need to hurry,let me deal with myself first.
....I did have dupe die once in another save,where we don't have yellow alert.

They also take their time to play fingering when I yellow alerting in no oxygen environment.

Could we fix it?or it is for balance reason has to be kept it that way?

53764576586.jpg

In my opinion, the shaking off that they do takes far too much time to animate and just makes them look ridiculous about actually doing work, and it really should be changed so that they normally do whatever they're gonna do, but if things aren't high priority, instead do a shortened version of the shakeoff to reduce debuff time.

You're probably right. I've had a similar situation once and it worried me that even without alerts the task of saving a friend gets overruled in priority by fussing about a corner lock. The base dying because a duplicant randomly decided to appreciate a fellow red alerter is ridiculous.

also why sopping wet animation is played twice in a row? they shake water off one leg, then off another and then repeat it again. maybe it's a bug which noone thought it was? coz playing this animation twice back to back looks ridiculous

55 minutes ago, Khullag said:

also why sopping wet animation is played twice in a row? they shake water off one leg, then off another and then repeat it again. maybe it's a bug which noone thought it was? coz playing this animation twice back to back looks ridiculous

what I hear is ,dupe first get the level 1 sopping wet.... then go pick up/do some stuff.later exit the same water lock get level 2 sopping wet.
the level 1 is less stress i remember.But both play the very long animation.....

I gonna suit all dupe later lol

I don't know if it was ever officially confirmed, but I'm pretty sure the animation and the sopping wet stress debuff were added to discourage putting water locks everywhere.  It got pretty crazy at one point.

If your water lock is so dangerous that its mere presence hurts dupes, they kind of deserve to die. I would like to see more love for the doctor profession though. Most of the medical/stress treatments are extremely passive so a doc spends their time doing nothing.

1 hour ago, Khullag said:

also why sopping wet animation is played twice in a row?

Once for soggy feet and once for sopping wet, cause it`s a double debuff.

IMO they should skip the animation durng red alert but do it once the alert is over.

49 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Once for soggy feet and once for sopping wet, cause it`s a double debuff.

IMO they should skip the animation durng red alert but do it once the alert is over.

still makes no sence - only one animation should be played - soggy feet should be ignored if sopping wet event happens

6 minutes ago, Khullag said:

still makes no sence - only one animation should be played - soggy feet should be ignored if sopping wet event happens

The point is that the sopping wet animation is two rounds of the shaking-water-off cycle. It wastes time, which is why it has been added.

Archived