Full release research menu UI scaling

The research menu screen is still zoomed in too far for practical use. This problem is while using 4k monitors requiring increased UI scaling in settings for larger HUD icons. The increased UI scaling incorrectly increases the research menu scaling disproportionate to the games HUD scaling. My attachment is of the max zoom out for the research menu with UI scaling of 160%. If I decrease UI scaling to 100% then the research menu is appropriate, but all other game HUD and GUI is too small. 

image.thumb.png.0e2b7ca599e3e17a7400e445f3b1cc46.png

2 hours ago, Cairath said:

As ok as I am with the layout itself, the only-two-zoom-levels thing is INFURIATING. :( 

see nothing because it is too small or see nothing but a single tech because it is too big

3 hours ago, Cairath said:

As ok as I am with the layout itself, the only-two-zoom-levels thing is INFURIATING.

While continuous zoom or a couple more discrete zoom levels would be nice to have, two zoom levels are the precise amount that's needed for the research screen: zoomed in to take a closer look at the techs & zoomed out for quicker navigation.

2 hours ago, chemie said:

The new menu is terrible.  They have things way spaced on both horizontal and vertical which makes it even worse.  They missed the ball on the layout, how it scales, and how you navigate it

It is a solid improvement over what we had in QoL-Mk3. The techs are nicely sorted (rocket techs at the bottom-right) and well grouped - with label, alternating background coloring and proper spacing. It navigates just as well, if not better than the old one: zoomed out there's no need for horizontal scrolling at all anymore.That alone makes it better than the old one.

The only problem is, that the UI scaling for the research screen is broken.

Just now, wronny said:

While continuous zoom or a couple more discrete zoom levels would be nice to have, two zoom levels are the precise amount that's needed for the research screen: zoomed in to take a closer look at the techs & zoomed out for quicker navigation.

I would agree with this if they were well-zoomed for all UI scales :D From experience I know it's usually way easier and sane to allow the user to freely zoom in and out than try to do a one-size-fit-all zoom distance

On 7/31/2019 at 10:16 AM, Cairath said:

I would agree with this if they were well-zoomed for all UI scales :D From experience I know it's usually way easier and sane to allow the user to freely zoom in and out than try to do a one-size-fit-all zoom distance

Preferably a zoom system that zooms out/in relative to the mouse cursor. (zoom out centered on the cursor, zoom in centered on the cursor. Would allow for easy maneuvering of the tree without all the dragging.

Archived