Can't save progress?

Hey, guys.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but somehow i can't save my progress. I've made it until day 4, but everytime i quit the game it didn't registered my unlockables. The game is really entertanining so far, and i can see myself sinking hours into it, but being unable to save it makes te experience very frustrating.

Can someone explain me if this is only in Alpha or is some kind of bug?

Thnks

1 hour ago, Nirdshiip said:

Hey, guys.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but somehow i can't save my progress. I've made it until day 4, but everytime i quit the game it didn't registered my unlockables. The game is really entertanining so far, and i can see myself sinking hours into it, but being unable to save it makes te experience very frustrating.

Thnks

I have the exact same problem. I mean the game is really good so far, but the disability to save the progress of any kind just upsets me so much. If anybody has a solution or an answer of some sort, please, reply here, guys ^-^

I've done that a couple times already actually. Really makes me sad to stop playing the game waiting for the problem to get fixed. I wonder if the progress should be saved automatically. It's not like there is a save button in the pause menu.

• Developer

Hey there, progress should be saved after every conversation. So are you saying that if you quit the game after talking to someone, when you come back your save doesn’t show up in the save slots?

When you sent info to us with F8, what name did you enter?

8 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Hey there, progress should be saved after every conversation. So are you saying that if you quit the game after talking to someone, when you come back your save doesn’t show up in the save slots?

When you sent info to us with F8, what name did you enter?

Name is Dimanikor. I will send one more right away.

• Developer

Hi Dimanikor,

For some reason we are not seeing your feedback appear on our end.

Would you be able to zip up the contents of Documents/Klei/Griftlands and send it to us? Please shut down the game before zipping up the contents.  It should contain a file called log.txt, a saves folder, a profile.lua, and a few more settings files. 

Please email it to livesupport@kleientertainment.com and we'll look into this problem! 

Also, Nirdshiip, if you could do the same, that'd help a lot!

Cheers, Nick

12 minutes ago, Nick at Klei said:

Hi Dimanikor,

For some reason we are not seeing your feedback appear on our end.

Would you be able to zip up the contents of Documents/Klei/Griftlands and send it to us? Please shut down the game before zipping up the contents.  It should contain a file called log.txt, a saves folder, a profile.lua, and a few more settings files. 

Please email it to livesupport@kleientertainment.com and we'll look into this problem! 

Also, Nirdshiip, if you could do the same, that'd help a lot!

Cheers, Nick

I appreciate the support so much! I'm sending the folder, but it appears to me that it lacks some of the files you mentioned, but mb its just me. The e-mail it will come from is [removed]

On 11.07.2019 at 10:47 PM, Nirdshiip said:

Hey, guys.

Thnks

Hi, all. Same problem(

I have the same problem and I think I know the cause of it. The game doesn't save the progress if the windows' profile name contains anything except latin characters. I've created new profile with only latin characters and the game works fine under it with proper saves and all.

Just a quick follow up. 

We have a fix for this coming to the experimental branch soon. The fix requires changes that could cause some unexpected issues with save files so we want to make sure we put it on experimental before sending it out to everybody. 

Check your security settings.  I had the same issue.  Bitdefender was blocking griftlands.exe from modifying files (aka saving).  Once you add it to the "approved list" it saved just fine...just took me losing all the progress on my first run to figure it out lol.    

Archived