graveyard room type

lots of other interesting things could be added to change the cemetery room.  like incinerator to remove the corpse and create ash that can be used as fertilizer, morgues for autopsies/necropsies to learn certain medical things like ways to cure whatever killed them.  train new doctors with practice bodies.  a place to store organs for organ transplants.  and even a way to turn dead bodies into food (probably be a negative mood modifier from eating human meat) in those dire situations.  and to get even more use from the dead, maybe turn them into art like medical skeleton displays (could help with education) and those crazy human flesh statues by Gunther von Hagens.

2 hours ago, metallichydra said:

they could maybe go to the graveyard, and their mourning stress would be reduced?

Oh. Duh! xD Why didn't I think of that?! That would actually be really helpful! aand, give us a reason to actually give our dupes a grave, other than the threat of Morb spawns.

10 hours ago, metallichydra said:

they could maybe go to the graveyard, and their mourning stress would be reduced?

But they already do that. They go to the grave to cry a bit which reduces their mourning stress. It`s in for like 3 upgrades.

7 hours ago, ScreenNameMissing said:

give us a reason to actually give our dupes a grave, other than the threat of Morb spawns.

Morbs no longer spawn from dead dupes.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

But they already do that. They go to the grave to cry a bit which reduces their mourning stress. It`s in for like 3 upgrades.

well

i guess it would reduce it more when going to the graveyard and cry, than going to the mess hall (or where you usually burry your dead) and cry

You could always try keeping your dupes alive.
If your not producing the items to keep them alive.
DON'T GET MORE DUPES.
Fix YO problems 1st.
A;ways produce more than needed then increase in scale as you get more dupes.

12 hours ago, LTLking said:

You could always try keeping your dupes alive.
DON'T GET MORE DUPES.
Fix YO problems 1st.
A;ways produce more than needed then increase in scale as you get more dupes.

not everyone can keep their dupes alive

its hard to reject the 3 starting dupes

The 1st 3 dupes will be there with you the whole time

On 7/12/2019 at 4:39 AM, metallichydra said:

its hard to reject the 3 starting dupes

Your not supposed to reject them. Your supposed to cycle until you get what you want.
You get to hand pick what you want. Might as well spend some time picking good ones.
@530 he cycles through 50+ dupes. Yeah, it's gonna take a bit but take the time.
The 1st 3 up to 10 are your core foundation dupes. Get a good foundation. Have a good play through.

You know how much food and o2 you produce each day.
Produce food and o2 for 6 dupes. Have 5 dupes.
When you dig out space the o2 has to fill in the holes. If your producing for 1 more than you have. Your o2 will always keep pressure and push down the co2 or up the h.

If your talking about rejecting the 1st 3 dupes just to let them die due to testing. Then why are you worried about their moral.

On 7/13/2019 at 11:43 PM, metallichydra said:

not everyone suggest stuff they need themselves

btw, if you havent noticed, this is a suggestion, not a "help me! my dupes are dying"-post

This is my down vote to the idea not a help you comment.
I do not like the idea of having a cemetery room.
There is a down buff to moral for a reason.
Having a cemetery will cancel out that debuff.
That's just saying why not remove the debuff all together.

On 7/11/2019 at 3:46 PM, LTLking said:

DON'T GET MORE DUPES.
Fix YO problems 1st.
Always produce more than needed then increase in scale as you get more dupes.

If anyone is having problems with keeping dupes alive.

Why are they dying. Not enough o2 or food
I suggest this playlist. I have learned a lot from this. He does keep picking dupes but you DON'T need to keep picking dupes.
If you don't have the support for them. Don't get them.
In the beginning I will grab 1 or 2 new dupes then I will skip printer options for a dupe and take the other options. Even later I will not grab a dupe if I can't support them.
I tend to stop around 11-12 until I can get more food production going.
Which usually comes with adding slickster ranches for omelets.

About O2 pressure and digging out more space.

6 hours ago, LTLking said:

snip

oh, great, lets just implement those youtube videos in the game.

it doesnt have to remove the debuff, im not having trouble with having dupes stay alive, not everyone (including me) likes watching guides on youtube.

im totally fine with you not liking this idea, but please, do not tell me how to play this game.

Archived