plz post a screenshot from your map

6 hours ago, natanstarke said:

im feeling my maps are smaller than normal

The tile size is unchanged, the magma and space biome are smaller, the neutronium borders are thinner. If anything the usable map is bigger.

13 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

The tile size is unchanged, the magma and space biome are smaller, the neutronium borders are thinner. If anything the usable map is bigger.

i just saw the difference watching a stream yesterday, the streammer zoomed out and his map seems bigger than mine but i may be hust having the wrong impression. 

I think what you are probably seeing is that the biomes aren't shaped as symmetrical as the past.  Sometimes you get one that isn't as wide as normal and maybe has a weird pocket in an out of the place spot.  You also have things that can encroach on biomes like boulders etc.  The overall size is the same but the shape isn't nearly as regular as in the past.

1 hour ago, EnderCN said:

I think what you are probably seeing is that the biomes aren't shaped as symmetrical as the past.  Sometimes you get one that isn't as wide as normal and maybe has a weird pocket in an out of the place spot.  You also have things that can encroach on biomes like boulders etc.  The overall size is the same but the shape isn't nearly as regular as in the past.

In addition it seems like the biomes themselves are smaller.  The little diamond sections that make up the map seem to be smaller.  I've also noticed that certain traits cause other changes to the map, such as subsurface oceans I believe it was causes the oil biome to spam much 'flatter', likely to accommodate the oceans up top.  Also the neutronium borders are smaller now.  I believe all of this contibutes to the map feeling larger, which is how I felt as well looking at the new maps before I actually checked the size and saw it was the same.

Archived