Klei dedicated server "Slurtle Slime"

Hey, just dropped by the forum to ask what happened to the server? There are currently only two EU servers available to play on and on behalf of some people that like to play exclusively on Klei servers – I'm one of these – I would like to get an update on this issue. The server stopped showing up a while ago and after a lot of waiting I decided to ask the forum and hopefully some devs that may read this by a very little chance. Did the server just stop updating on the newest version because it's still listed on some dedicated server list website. I also can't seem to find any information on the server status here. Is there even anything specific like that? All in all I would be really glad if you'd tell me what happened to the server. Gets really crowded when you only got space for 16 players in the EU.

It's been gone for quite a while now, reaching half a year soon. The shutdown is nothing special because it happened once before (to my knowledge) but this duration gives me the feeling it has been abandoned entirely for good now. Memory issues with the servers also had a rise, so all in all this gives me the feeling that Klei won't maintain their own servers over the next years or so because I don't know. Clarity would, at least, solve my trust issue on this topic I think.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:00 PM, HansimUnglueck said:

bump?

Please don't bump your own topic...chances are the devs have already seen it.

You could also try hitting them up with a direct message, but try to message people actually on the DST team, the only one I can think of right now is @Ipsquiggle, but you could also try @JanH or @JoeW.

Spoiler

Sorry if I bothered you. ^^;

If you'd rather I not ping you when I do this, just lemme know and I won't do it again. :wilson_curious:

Archived