Another release move needed?

I know that pathfinding is not that easy i made a simple pathfinding myself which only finds direct paths and around obstacles and i will have to make a more feature complete that find an easy way around a map one day.

I can imagine that the ai is even harder like to decide what it should do next taking care of the dupe make sure it does not die and so on.

But that makes chances minimal that they fix it till the release if they release it soon, its more like if they fumble with that stuff i would guess it takes an other 3 month to fix it all.

55 minutes ago, Rainbowdesign said:

taking care of the dupe make sure it does not die and so on.

Would be an easy step to let them idle in recreation rooms and no longer in doorframes or unhealthy areas.
As a nice start..

2 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Would be an easy step to let them idle in recreation rooms and no longer in doorframes or unhealthy areas.
As a nice start..

One on map I was testing airlocks, and had to add beds. Without them the dupes preferred to sleep inside the airlock... Which is a vacuum. 

18 minutes ago, Yunru said:

One on map I was testing airlocks, and had to add beds. Without them the dupes preferred to sleep inside the airlock... Which is a vacuum. 

From my point of view, it would be easy to fix.
The event "idle" is still created by the engine.
Idle triggers prio 0  and an object inside the recreation room is their 0 prio "workplace"
Could be a new object, like a recreational plant pot / picture frame, instead of the 20+ decor object.
Could unify the decor option +20 and "marks" the recreation room as recreation room.
Perhaps some variations of the object would be nice, to create more recreation areas for dupes.
Prio 0 could be removed, from player menue.
prio 1 is the new 0 in the menue.

Well for a single player game that I've spent thousands of hours on and love dearly, I'll buy a content free DLC and still leave a positive review at this point. Take ONI for what it is and it will treat you very well.

20 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

That's strange. I've played on multiple machines running multiple different operating systems, all without any crashes.  

The only thing i didn't do was the reason for my issues. Had to uninstall, then delete the files. cuz you know steam being alive for 10 years can't  even do that properly. I didn't expect that. It was honestly my stupidity lol!

8 hours ago, Uani_Play said:

The only thing i didn't do was the reason for my issues. Had to uninstall, then delete the files. cuz you know steam being alive for 10 years can't  even do that properly. I didn't expect that. It was honestly my stupidity lol!

I haven't done that in years.  I just click "OK" every time it wants to update.

5 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I haven't done that in years.  I just click "OK" every time it wants to update.

i didn't have a choice, first time I've ever had to. It took me a bit by surprise, and made me feel like an idiot cuz i wasted 2 days playing on my ****ty laptop cuz i needed my ONI fix lol

I think Klei has actually a pretty good change for a nice release. We are currently beating the c*** out of the beta a,d they obviously are listening. Balancing is being done, even if it still needs a bit. And people are running into all the show-stoppers and are reporting them. Stability seems to be pretty good as well.

Archived