DLC Updates rolled back on accident?!

A few months ago, the invisible inc Discord server discovered that the DLC had some of its bugfixes undone:

unknown.png

Notice the MANIFESTID of the latest version being the same as a few versions earlier.

This seems to be caused by, or concide with, this update:

In particular, the last two hotfixes listed here are missing:

Curiously, it seems some earlier hotfixes are also not working, such as "Prisoners, Couriers and Monst3r won't steal your agencies borrowed gear now.".

We notified @Jason directly before, but nothing changed. The crash-fixes are still missing from the current main branch. Hopefully it wouldn't be too much trouble to rollback the rollback?

Thank you!

For anyone interested, it is possible to download old depots through Steam.

Open Steam with the -console command line parameter. Go to the console and enter the following command:

• Windows
download_depot 243970 376981 2610060883502168829
  • Linux
download_depot 243970 376983 2294027930313854113
  • Mac
download_depot 243970 376982 5885506819972635035

This will download the old DLC content to the "content" folder of the Steam installation (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\content\app_243970\depot_376981, ending in 3 or 2 in Linux and Mac). Lastly, copy the "dlc" folder and paste it in your Invisible Inc installation folder, overwriting as necessary. If anything goes wrong simply let Steam redownload the current files (right click the game -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game files...). I haven't checked anything other than the game not crashing on startup.

20 minutes ago, Sander Bouwhuis said:

I started Steam with the '-console' command added.

Where can I access the console? Where can I type 'steam://nav/console'?

if you type  steam://nav/console  into any web browser, it should open the console as a tab (next to "Library", "Community", and your personal feed)

There was an update today that appears to have silently fixed this.

Squee!

(I merely checked if itemdefs.lua:augment_neural_mapper has the ingnoreAugmentCount17_13 trait again, and it does, so I assume the other patches are in as well.)

Besides the scripts.zip, the anims.kwad and characters.kwad updated.

Archived