Science of: Werepigism!

Greetings, this is my explanation to stuff as much scientific as it can be; In this thread I explain Werepigism.

Werepigism is a peculiar transformation to Pigmen whenever they are exposed to Full Moon.

In Constant Pigmen suffer this ''curse'' while in Hamlet Pigmen ( and Pigwomen ) are completely immune to the ''curse'' with the exception of one particuliar Piggie named Wilba. Why is that?

Well...

It seems only the family of Pig King is under this ''curse'' but this doesn't seem more like a ''curse'' than a genetic disease-

Wilba suffers this disease because Pig King is her Father whom'st was kicked out of the Hamlet Skies by the Queen Malfalfa after she presumably found out that Wilba had a case of Werepigism.

Also by observing Wilba we can see that the Werepigism can be cancelled via the Silver necklace which fuels the theory of Werepigism being in genes even more.

We can safely assume that Pig King is a carrier of the Werepigism with his Werepigism being a Genotype ( unused gene ) and his offspring ( Pigmen/Wildbores and Wilba ) have it as a Phenotype ( used gene ) but can safely switch it between a Genotype and Phenotype via the Silver Necklace.

Werepigism could also be similiar to Schizophrenia:

From Wikipedia: People identified with Schizophrenia generally exhibit 1.8% of increased violent or aggressive episodes during the full Moon,[22][23] but a more recent study found no such correlation to that of nonschizophrenic human beings.[24] An analysis of mental-health data found a significant effect of Moon phases, but only on schizophrenic patients.[25]

Whereas Werepigism has only Agressive episodes but far more pronouced.

Kicked out? Do you really think SHEPQ.jpg.f2061063b00ab23c91b7e316a67be6a4.jpg could kick out HIMPK.jpg.f54bcb854e352efd0816da35a8bded8e.jpg ? And he does not look like someone who was kicked out. Rather, he himself went to look for a cure for his people. Moreover, there are pigs everywhere, they even penetrated into the lava world of the Forge. Perhaps these were the scouts of the king, who had lost contact with him.
There is no evidence that the king is also Werepig. Perhaps obelisks restrain his transformation, but perhaps they serve for other purposes.
Plus, the pig queen is shown in the game as a weak ruler who has lost the crown, a scepter that is unable to cope even with her own daughter. Moreover, she is ready to transfer power over the city to her first unpig, who brought her trinkets.
As far as I can understand, Werepigism is NOT a genetic disease, but manipulation of the genes by the moon dwellers. Maybe Constant is a testing ground for experiments or a disaster has occurred, because of which magic stones are now falling on Constant.
Wortox refers to Gestalt as "children." Is this some kind of reference or moon island is it something like a school and / or a rescue capsule?
I wonder if Wilba's medallion can stop Woody's transformation?

Klei needs to talk more about gaming lore. I would love to look at the autopsy of carrats on one of their streams.

1 hour ago, 0rutyna0 said:

Plus, the pig queen is shown in the game as a weak ruler who has lost the crown, a scepter that is unable to cope even with her own daughter. Moreover, she is ready to transfer power over the city to her first unpig, who brought her trinkets.

From what I know Wilba lost the royal items and Malfalfa just disallowed her to go out.

Also how does she allow to transfer power over her city?

She just gives the means for players to build their own new city ( yeah yeah then you will say that she gives you the hammer but literally every guard will shun you for breaking down buildings in the city )

Also the art of Pig king in the Trufflestone Museum is marked over with black ink... Seems she DID kick him out after something happened.

2 hours ago, 0rutyna0 said:

As far as I can understand, Werepigism is NOT a genetic disease, but manipulation of the genes by the moon dwellers. 

but then why the Hamlet pigmen don't transform? Full moons occur there 100% normally.

The Pig King's offspring are the only Pigmen that have the Werepigism, and you can't confirm whether the Pit and Elder Bog Pigs do indeed have the Werepigism.

2 hours ago, 0rutyna0 said:

There is no evidence that the king is also Werepig. Perhaps obelisks restrain his transformation, but perhaps they serve for other purposes.

Tell me where I said the king is a Werepig aside from carrying the Werepigism as a Genotype ( UNUSED GENE CODE )?

If my memory works well, Wilba doesn't seem to recognize her father in the pig king, because when you examine him as Wilba, she says something like "The pig trader !".

But, i have an other theory.

What if werepigism was due to the fact that pigmen are a bit corrupted by nightmare fuel ?

It is said, in the loading screen with the pig king, that they went into the Constant a long time ago. Maybe that, years after years, they slowly became corrupted by the nightmare fuel, such as Maxwell or Charlie, and maybe just the power of the full moon allow this corrupted part of them to show up ?

More of that, it could also answer to this question : Why can we get nightmare fuel by breaking pig's head on stick during full moon ?

27 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

From what I know Wilba lost the royal items and Malfalfa just disallowed her to go out.

Precisely, she did not keep track of her daughter, and she made mistakes. And instead of admitting his guilt (as ruler) and starting to correct the situation, he blamed everything on his daughter.

Also how does she allow to transfer power over her city?

She just gives the means for players to build their own new city 

All Hamlet is the territory of pigs. From ancient times they lived here, built their sanctuaries / catacombs / passages between the islands, and had contact with human ants.
But the ants did not become their leaders, did not regulate their lives, did not collect taxes. Giving such authority for statues and real power for symbols of power ... It's like the Injun gave their lands for beads and fishing hooks.

she gives you the hammer but literally every guard will shun you for breaking down buildings in the city

This is a bug. Or the guards of the city no longer obey the supreme authority.

Also the art of Pig king in the Trufflestone Museum is marked over with black ink... Seems she DID kick him out after something happened.

Can I get a screenshot? So I understand what it is about.

"but then why the Hamlet pigmen don't transform? Full moons occur there 100% normally."

Experiments were not performed on all pigs / only part of the pigs came under the "moon stones"

"Tell me where I said the king is a Werepig aside from carrying the Werepigism as a Genotype ( UNUSED GENE )?"

Some of the meaning may be lost in the translation. If you meant that the king may not be subject to a curse, but only spreads it, then OK.

5 minutes ago, 0rutyna0 said:

All Hamlet is the territory of pigs. From ancient times they lived here, built their sanctuaries / catacombs / passages between the islands, and had contact with human ants.
But the ants did not become their leaders, did not regulate their lives, did not collect taxes. Giving such authority for statues and real power for symbols of power ... It's like the Injun gave their lands for beads and fishing hooks.

Uh what?

This is a bug. Or the guards of the city no longer obey the supreme authority.

That isn't a bug, Guards aggro on you when you do bad stuff in the city ( such as berry picking, breaking houses )

Can I get a screenshot? So I understand what it is about.

latest?cb=20190320223938

the back of the pig

10 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Uh what?

What exactly is "what"?

10 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

latest?cb=20190320223938

the back of the pig

A picture quite normal by the standards of pigs, if the king were persona non grata, this picture would not hang here, nor would the bush be cut in the shape of a king .

1 hour ago, 0rutyna0 said:

What exactly is "what"?

A picture quite normal by the standards of pigs, if the king were persona non grata, this picture would not hang here, nor would the bush be cut in the shape of a king .

I asked you how does she allow to transfer power over the city and you list that all hamlet teritory belongs to pigs - doesn't make sense

Then explain why the pictures on the sides are perfectly drawn?

30 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I asked you how does she allow to transfer power over the city and you list that all hamlet teritory belongs to pigs - doesn't make sense7

She transfers the judicial, executive and legislative branches of power to the character (it is difficult for me to select the correct definitions in a language that is not my origin). In fact, a character, after conferring such powers on him, can do with both cities and its environs anything like a king.

30 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Then explain why the pictures on the sides are perfectly drawn?

1) The picture is drawn just like the rest, just under the glare glass.
2) Picture painted by the great artist Salvador Van Pig. You just do not understand the art of pig.

I just wanna mention one of the vignettes mentions that some pigs left their original home to seek simpler lives.

Or something like that I forgot what it says word by word. Someone please correct me.

2 minutes ago, 0rutyna0 said:

She transfers the judicial, executive and legislative branches of power to the character (it is difficult for me to select the correct definitions in a language that is not my origin). In fact, a character, after conferring such powers on him, can do with both cities and its environs anything like a king.

They don’t run a government they have a hierarchy.

4 minutes ago, 0rutyna0 said:

1) The picture is drawn just like the rest, just under the glare glass.

Malfalfa gives the player means to build his own city and guards still attack him if he messes anything in the original city because he shouldn't break things.

The picture is clearly smithered all over while the painting on sides are in normal condition.

9 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

It seems only the family of Pig King is under this ''curse'' but this doesn't seem more like a ''curse'' than a genetic disease-

Also by observing Wilba we can see that the Werepigism can be cancelled via the Silver necklace which fuels the theory of Werepigism being in genes even more.

We can safely assume that Pig King is a carrier of the Werepigism with his Werepigism being a Genotype ( unused gene ) and his offspring ( Pigmen/Wildbores and Wilba ) have it as a Phenotype ( used gene ) but can safely switch it between a Genotype and Phenotype via the Silver Necklace.

Genetic diseases are not suppressed by silver, so this is an example of starting with a bad premise, falsely attributing contradictory evidence as supporting evidence, and then going from there ...

how did you get 5 hearts?

36 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Genetic diseases are not suppressed by silver

I mean since gold has many weird powers in the Constant, Silver could work as a mutagen that switches the werepigism off

Many rare disease patients have mutations that act as genetic dimmer switches, increasing or decreasing a gene's activity 

36 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I mean since gold has many weird powers in the Constant, Silver could work as a mutagen that switches the werepigism off

first, a mutagen changes a gene, muta meaning change and gene meaning gene; that is VERY different than increasing or decreasing a gene's activity

also the silver necklace is external, not something inside her body

Let’s remember we’re doing most of this for fun before we organize witch trials for somebody’s possibly inaccurate grasp of the lore, yeah?

...alright, everybody remember? Okay. 

Spoiler

BURN THE HERETIC!

edit: oops variant+ variant- and variantx posted it the exact same time so to reduce redundancy i will remove mine

image.thumb.png.83565fd417f730b01fd784cfbd07e71c.png

I don't know if anyone has brought this up because I'm in too much pain to bother reading everything so just like accept that this is here.

Oh, the there's a pig king topiary in Hamlet so yeah.
:)

1 hour ago, YouKnowWho said:

Let’s remember we’re doing most of this for fun before we organize witch trials for somebody’s possibly inaccurate grasp of the lore, yeah?

...alright, everybody remember? Okay. 

BURN THE HERETIC!

Please burn me, +Variant, xVariant, and =Variant.

Archived