The automatic mod disabler

For the love of crap Klei, please add an option to disable this thing.

It's been more trouble to me then it has helped, testing mods and encountering crashes with a mod on the server's end having nothing to do with my clientside mods whatsoever shouldn't force me to have to go re-enable all my mods again.

Please add an option to disable this feature, it doesn't help at all, it just gets in the way.

28 minutes ago, Hornete said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1208903112&searchtext=mod+disabler
I found this, It only disables the mod that caused the crash. Its beautiful Im crying

I use that mod, it does not stop the automatic mod disabling that sometimes occurs when the game abruptly crashes, as in the one mentioned in the OP

The game has a "force enable mods" feature specifically for modders to test their mods.

Browse to your game's mods folder and open the file modsettings.lua

In this file, you can add calls to the function ForceEnableMod(modname) to have the game ALWAYS enable the mod, regardless of whether it works or not. modname refers to the name of the folder that contains the mod. For example:

ForceEnableMod("workshop-1420569394")

(other features offered by this file are also described in comments inside the file)

37 minutes ago, Electroely said:

The game has a "force enable mods" feature specifically for modders to test their mods.

Browse to your game's mods folder and open the file modsettings.lua

In this file, you can add calls to the function ForceEnableMod(modname) to have the game ALWAYS enable the mod, regardless of whether it works or not. modname refers to the name of the folder that contains the mod. For example:

ForceEnableMod("workshop-1420569394")

(other features offered by this file are also described in comments inside the file)

I have different mod setups based on whether or not I am playing the RoT beta, is it possible to set it up to force enable different mods based on whether or not I am in the beta?

5 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

I have different mod setups based on whether or not I am playing the RoT beta, is it possible to set it up to force enable different mods based on whether or not I am in the beta?

Doesn't seem like it. The environment modsettings.lua is ran in doesn't contain CurrentRelease and ReleaseID.

7 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

Then sadly I cannot make use of it

The file is easily modifiable. You can add an if statement that you manually change to switch between sets of mods:

local beta = true

if beta then
	ForceEnableMod("hello")
	ForceEnableMod("world")
else
	ForceEnableMod("eight")
end

Also, you don't have to enable ALL your mods enabled through this file. Just the ones you want to test.

@Terra M Welch I use this mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1538067193

It does not prevent the game from disabling your mods when it crashes, but at least it lets you activate  all the mods you had with their configurations exactly as you configured them with just one click. You don't need to manually activate them again one by one and configure again anymore.

You can make several batches of how and which mods you want to use, so if there is a mod causing troubles, you can have a batch of mods that are the "safe ones" and quickly go back to use those ones.

10 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

@Terra M Welch I use this mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1538067193

It does not prevent the game from disabling your mods when it crashes, but at least it lets you activate  all the mods you had with their configurations as you want them to be with just one click.

You can make several batches of how and which mods you want to use, so if there is a mod causing troubles, you can have a batch of mods that are the "safe ones" and quickly go back to use those ones.

Kinda thought about that before you mentioned it. Thanks anyway I guess?

Basically I thought of trying batch enabler + the force load mentioned above. That way batch enabler would be force loaded and would always apply its setting.

Archived