i feel nitre is pretty scarce in hamlet, any reliable sources?

madskull

Hi guys, only asking if someone knows a method to get nitre in a constant way, in hamlet i find it pretty scarce to the point only have 28 nitre in 223 days, while all the others materials are constant in slow amounts (iron, gold, stones, flint, etc...), but they still obtainable, anyone have info or can share a way to get it?

thanks in advance 

Swinesbury Mineral Exchange has nitre in shelves, but it is not going to restock the shelves

304?cb=20181207194726

however, You may get infinite nitre by building and demolishing Mineral Exchange again and again

this is the only way I know that nitre replenish in Hamlet, probably the only one

7 minutes ago, gghhrr said:

Swinesbury Mineral Exchange has nitre in shelves, but it is not going to restock the shelves

304?cb=20181207194726

however, You may get infinite nitre by building and demolishing Mineral Exchange again and again

this is the only way I know that nitre replenish in Hamlet, probably the only one

holy guacamole....

thats a super expensive way to try get a few nitres, maybe they need add nitre to the gnats nest loot table in a rare occurrence like they did with flint.

thanks for answer back gghhrr, if someone know another way to get nitre, please post it here.

22 minutes ago, madskull said:

holy guacamole....

thats a super expensive way to try get a few nitres, maybe they need add nitre to the gnats nest loot table in a rare occurrence like they did with flint.

thanks for answer back gghhrr, if someone know another way to get nitre, please post it here.

that's not expensive, demolish it, you can get part of materials back to build,

there are rocks inside as well, it costs you 2 pigskins only per time

thus, if you are greedy and evil enough, murder the trader and grab everything and run, you get net gain 110oincs and 1 gold

I feel this way is guilty and hope Klei fix this one day

3 hours ago, gghhrr said:

that's not expensive, demolish it, you can get part of materials back to build,

there are rocks inside as well, it costs you 2 pigskins only per time

thus, if you are greedy and evil enough, murder the trader and grab everything and run, you get net gain 110oincs and 1 gold

I feel this way is guilty and hope Klei fix this one day

2 pig skin for 2 nitre?????

thats not worth. and its a lot work and you will summon krampus.

if you dont wanna build a city then you can waste your pig skin but other wise you need evry pigskin.

you can get some nitre if you mine the ancient statues. you know the ones which you use first the ball pein hammer. after getting the lost relic, mine the rest.

but ive played lots of hamlet worlds and cleared evrything evrywhere. ive used nitre only to make gunpowder for the ruins and when i was finish with ruins i made gunpowder for my gun. i always had like 40-50 gunpowder for the gun. thats all you get in a hamlet world

1 hour ago, BeliarBAD said:

yes thx a lot i just got this trick from @JazzyGames and wanted to write it down here

The Mineral Exchange method is a lot more cheaper from my own experience compared to relying on Moleworms/Earthquakes in ruins/clefts.

you can easily farm Pig skin by hammering a pig structure in a secluded place, the rubble will spawn a Builder Pig which you can kill right away before he repairs the building, this will cause another Builder to spawn and you can do this over and over again until you have enough pig skin.

Build a Mineral Exchange, Kill the the owner, steal the minerals, destroy the mineral exchange which will give you back half the materials,
with the minerals stolen beforehand you can make the materials again without any loss and keep doing this over and over again.
(4 Stone, 2 Gold, 4 Pig skin) required for building
(2 Stone, 1 Gold, 2 Pig skin) gained from destroying 
(6 Rocks, 1 Gold) stolen from shelve

This mean you only need Pigskins for this method

this will equally give the following PROFIT if done upto 5 times

5 x Centapeice Oincs
5 x Tenpiece Oincs
10 x Charcoal 
10 x Flint
10 x Nitre
Meat & Pigskin from killing owner.

and for the Krampus spawn, its very easy to handle them,
just put something on the ground nearby the mineral exchange,
block the object with Walls, 

Krampus will spawn outside after your thievery and will start wall humping to get the thing you put on ground and get stuck.

easy pesy, jumpin squeezy~

2 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

2 pig skin for 2 nitre?????

thats not worth. and its a lot work and you will summon krampus.

man, in pig's DLC, there are a lots pig skins, more than you ever need 

at least my pig skins come in stacks after bat waves

1 minute ago, MWY said:

(krampus sack can also be farmed this way with extra monster meat and charcoal to boot)

note that krampus may enter interior

after spawning krampus by this method,

simply entering any other interior not your house, e.g. shop

then you gonna trap it easily

(krampus sack can also be farmed this way with extra monster meat and charcoal to boot)

Just now, gghhrr said:

definitely true, I had more pig skins then rocks.

16 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

It's surprising how don't starve has been around for about 6 years, got 3 dlcs and a multiplayer version... and there still isn't a convenient way of making nitre renewable

Hell, Rocks and Flint only got really renewable with the addition of the Iron Hulk. Nitre is such a niche resource that you never realize how much you need it until you want to get 200 Gunpowder to go on a Blunderbuss killing spree through the jungle.

thanks again for those methods doing both the mineral exchange and the mole farm, hopefully have enough nitre at the week's end. totally farming that krampus sack also. but yeah definitely we need a reliable source to farm nitre, doesnt matter if its a small amount. in RoG thanks to the earthquakes in caves it was the most reliable source, maybe we need they add that in the ruins without forcing to destroy pillars, or maybe after there arent more pillars to destroy.

2 hours ago, MWY said:

The Mineral Exchange method is a lot more cheaper from my own experience compared to relying on Moleworms/Earthquakes in ruins/clefts.

you can easily farm Pig skin by hammering a pig structure in a secluded place, the rubble will spawn a Builder Pig which you can kill right away before he repairs the building, this will cause another Builder to spawn and you can do this over and over again until you have enough pig skin.

Build a Mineral Exchange, Kill the the owner, steal the minerals, destroy the mineral exchange which will give you back half the materials,
with the minerals stolen beforehand you can make the materials again without any loss and keep doing this over and over again.
(4 Stone, 2 Gold, 4 Pig skin) required for building
(2 Stone, 1 Gold, 2 Pig skin) gained from destroying 
(6 Rocks, 1 Gold) stolen from shelve

This mean you only need Pigskins for this method

this will equally give the following PROFIT if done upto 5 times

5 x Centapeice Oincs
5 x Tenpiece Oincs
10 x Charcoal 
10 x Flint
10 x Nitre
Meat & Pigskin from killing owner.

and for the Krampus spawn, its very easy to handle them,
just put something on the ground nearby the mineral exchange,
block the object with Walls, 

Krampus will spawn outside after your thievery and will start wall humping to get the thing you put on ground and get stuck.

easy pesy, jumpin squeezy~

2 hours ago, gghhrr said:

note that krampus may enter interior

after spawning krampus by this method,

simply entering any other interior not your house, e.g. shop

then you gonna trap it easily

20190607092757_1.thumb.jpg.42e9275d45a8e5475c58519fea0d3994.jpg

if you make this you dont have enough skins in hamlet. i have reseted RoG one time and i still needed to farm pigskins on full moon and with monster meat.

killing pigs for skins. hmm i killed 20 pigs and got 1 skin and 19 meat. thats not worth imo

i making a big labyrinth around the dragon den. thats why i need nitre for the hedges.

you can go to RoG in the decidius biome (also trick from @JazzyGames) and get there moles and make a mole farm where ever you like.

and for the krampussack ive it already and killing more is just wasted time and effort

2 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

20190607092757_1.thumb.jpg.42e9275d45a8e5475c58519fea0d3994.jpg

if you make this you dont have enough skins in hamlet. i have reseted RoG one time and i still needed to farm pigskins on full moon and with monster meat.

killing pigs for skins. hmm i killed 20 pigs and got 1 skin and 19 meat. thats not worth imo

i making a big labyrinth around the dragon den. thats why i need nitre for the hedges.

you can go to RoG in the decidius biome (also trick from @JazzyGames) and get there moles and make a mole farm where ever you like.

and for the krampussack ive it already and killing more is just wasted time and effort

hmm, I knew the moleworm trick,

I don't have really much reasons to build so many pig houses and hedges( except for baiting bandit )...

yea.. tax is great income for long term

I still feel that rebuilding mineral exchange is faster for short term and get a lots stuff

pretty lazy to farm moleworm, with 20% drop rate of nitre, I'm horrible unlucky when come to percentage chance

and you must do it at certain time because they sleep on surface at day ( I'm not sure they sleep in single player )

vampire bats drop pigskin? with 50%, and the waves come larger and larger in amounts

in expected value, average every 4 vampire bats killed, you may get 110oincs + gold + nitre & rocks & flints

it is quite worthy, isn't it?

well, this is depend on personal need, I just prefer small but functional base, having different opinion for my own

moleworm was great source for rocks and flint when they are finally renewable

after having gnat swarm and iron hulk, moleworm serving no more purpose for me anymore

1 hour ago, gghhrr said:

hmm, I knew the moleworm trick,

I don't have really much reasons to build so many pig houses and hedges( except for baiting bandit )...

yea.. tax is great income for long term

I still feel that rebuilding mineral exchange is faster for short term and get a lots stuff

pretty lazy to farm moleworm, with 20% drop rate of nitre, I'm horrible unlucky when come to percentage chance

and you must do it at certain time because they sleep on surface at day ( I'm not sure they sleep in single player )

vampire bats drop pigskin? with 50%, and the waves come larger and larger in amounts

in expected value, average every 4 vampire bats killed, you may get 110oincs + gold + nitre & rocks & flints

it is quite worthy, isn't it?

well, this is depend on personal need, I just prefer small but functional base, having different opinion for my own

moleworm was great source for rocks and flint when they are finally renewable

after having gnat swarm and iron hulk, moleworm serving no more purpose for me anymore

thats all fine but if you dont make such a big base like me then you dont need so much nitre.

you also dont need to do the shop trick cause is there enough nitre for a normal playthrough

shop trick is cheese anyways

after trying both methods, have enough nitre for a while, 48 nitre in 1 day, and the best of all? a krampus sack. after killing my third krampus got lucky and the sucker left me a nice gift.

5 hours ago, madskull said:

after trying both methods, have enough nitre for a while, 48 nitre in 1 day, and the best of all? a krampus sack. after killing my third krampus got lucky and the sucker left me a nice gift.

gg :)

last time i did shops for krampus i killed 200 krampus and no sack

I was really hoping that Gnat Mounds and the Iron Hulk Basalt eruptions would bring a good source of nitre since Volcanic Eruptions in SW didn't do it. Nitre honestly needs to be more renewable overall. Even when spending time in caves nitre is not that common. Please Klei, add Nitre to more rock based loot tables. I want to have a pet Beefalo and to be able to use the Blunderbuss.

Archived