Ancient Herald is EXTREMELY easy

Machine Reaper

okay, I just beat Ancient Herald for the first time and guess what?

at first I kept my distance from the boss cause I thought his attack would set me on fire so avoided him mostly

the Herald had time to spawn a lot of reinforcements, most of them were pretty easy to handle
(Frogs toasted by his AOE attack and Ghost were just being slow and dumb)

when the Herald spawned Nightmares, that's when things went real real bad so I had to Alt-F4 and try again,
(The nightmares kept stun locking me and an Bat attack occurred which ended me)

Next time I found out he does some measly 50 damage and doesn't set you on fire either so I tanked him with a Cutlass Supreme at 20%

I killed him under 20 seconds and he only had a chance to spawn frogs once cause he kept getting stunned with my attacks.

So Basically get some good armour (one Football Helmet is enough) and Tank this guy and he will be easier then even a Tree Guard.

I am disappointed cause I found the Pugalisk to be harder then this guy and Herald's Loot is pretty powerful compared to other Bosses.

He needs improvement, both Lore wise and Difficulty wise as well cause right now he is nothing more then an annoyance at best.

So you had to ALT-F4 and try again... so you, tried again to get an easier battle? whut? like, i get he's not the most powerful boss and he's not THAT dangerous, but when you're literally avoiding the battle and one of his powers.

i don't understand that.

7 minutes ago, MWY said:

so does a Campfire.....poor Wormywood.

I would have nothing against with Wormwood being set on fire with campfire if not the fact that HE GETS PUT OJ FIRE EVERY DAMN TIME HE CREATES IT AND PLACES ON THE GROUND! GOD DAMN!

4 minutes ago, bugsmand said:

So you had to ALT-F4 and try again... so you, tried again to get an easier battle? whut? like, i get he's not the most powerful boss and he's not THAT dangerous, but when you're literally avoiding the battle and one of his powers.

i don't understand that.

I Alt-F4 to get Krampus Sack cause its luck based only,

and I didn't get an Easier battle infact I just LITERALLY tanked that Hunk of Hot Air with a Cutlass Supereme at 20% durability
(had about 45% of Helmet for armour)

before that I was avoiding battling him and taking pot shots while keeping away from his AOE attack like a coward which allowed him to spawn nightmares like crazy.

if you think that's how I should play instead of just tanking him then sorry, I prefer the easier method.

9 minutes ago, MWY said:

and I didn't get an Easier battle infact I just LITERALLY tanked that Hunk of Hot Air with a Cutlass Supereme at 20% durability

before that I was avoiding battling him and taking pot shots while keeping away from his AOE attack like a coward which allowed him to spawn nightmares like crazy.

if you think that's how I should play instead of just tanking him then sorry, I prefer the easier method.

The Krampus sack was just a hidden easter egg item, you're not seriously supposed to get it.

You're just abusing the fact that its an overpowered backpack by ignoring the fact that you aren't seriously expected to get it.

Just now, Ogrecakes said:

The Krampus sack was just a hidden easter egg item, you're not seriously supposed to get it.

You're just abusing the fact that its an overpowered backpack by ignoring the fact that you aren't seriously expected to get it.

your seriously asking me not to exploit a game like DS and not to mention an exploit where it only acts like save/load game at best?

I mean DST has roll back option allowing you to literally roll back your actions to atleast 5 days and even after you die and that is not considered an exploit.

Its not like I'm using God mode or the console to get what I want.

Just now, MWY said:

your seriously asking me not to exploit a game like DS and not to mention an exploit where it only acts like save/load game at best?

I mean DST has roll back option allowing you to literally roll back your actions to atleast 5 days and even after you die and that is not considered an exploit.

Its not like I'm using God mode or the console to get what I want.

"I'm using an exploit to exploit the game"

2 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

"I'm using an exploit to exploit the game"

mate, if you like losing like 300+ days of gameplay for just being an hardass then I congratulate you on your patience.

also I'm only sharing info with others that you can tank this boss and easily defeat him. 

I thought "of course I'm going to exploit a game like DST" was the worst rationale I'd ever heard for anything... and then I read that the Krampus sack is an "easter egg" and that seeking out and using it should be considered "abusing" it. Seriously.

This silly crap aside, if in fact the Ancient Herald can just be tanked, that IS bad. I came in here with a "WTF?" look on my face because avoiding his melee range attack, his summon attacks, and the bats that inevitably swarmed me while trying to deal with those two things just barely failed to kill me. But if you can just put on some armor, step in and crush him, that should probably be adjusted.

29 minutes ago, MWY said:

Sorry but, you talk about making a harder boss, you use one of the best weapons to use, and you take the easy route. 

See the thing is with don't starve, any boss is god damn easy. Especially when Klei has made these weapons and we, as daily players that has played this for YEARS have: abused the way the bosses work, abused their AI, (take guardian as an example, or beequeen with fences). Klei has made the game EASIER for us, coffee especially, better armor than the ones we already have. So yes, if you really use all of these things together, even herald who's supposed to be a necromancing entity of chaos is easy.

But why go the tough route when you can block them in walls (mant queen, bee queen, guardian,), or be the flash, use ALT-F4, use billions of gunpowder, better risk of not dying right? so of course not you're gonna go the tough route, who does that?

YOU make the bosses the difficulty you want. That's just how it is with these sort of survival games. if you're prepared enough, you're gonna be absolutely fine. 

And that's the thing with "tough bosses" in DS and DST.

4 minutes ago, bugsmand said:

snip

well if you put it that way, of course it all makes sense but you see, this guy can be defeated without even preparing yourself much at all and Cutlass Supreme only costs 50 Oincs compared to a walking cane which costs 550 oincs combined with other ingredients as extra.

3 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

whats this about an alt f4 krampus sack?

when Krampus gets spawned, bait him with something stuck inside a wall, he will keep running after it like Royal Guard after a coin.

Exit your game and it will save, then continue back, kill the Krampus. if sack comes out, you win, if it doesn't press ALT-F4 and game will shutdown.

Launch the game and load your game again it will be back to the point where krampus was still wall humping, kill him again do this all over until you get Krampus Sack.

1 minute ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Players: We want harder bosses!

Klei: Okay, here are some harder bosses

*players abuse every mechanic possible to make the boss fight easier*

Players: wtf this is so easy 

put on a football helmet and take a sharp fish and stab that boss without a care in the world...I have ABUSED the bossed very easily...

Just now, Faintly Macabre said:

People should really look past the Alt+F4 thing. That had nothing to do with the ease of the fight. It's just a thing that they did prior to discovering just how easy the fight is. Tanking and spanking is not "abusing" or "exploiting" anything.

this will all change if they set his AOE attack to set fire to players as well, only Scaled Armour then would beat him easily.

Archived