Help! Spores is kicking my $&*^!

So I've got a couple dupes who are non-stop barfing because stress. When I look at their list of stressors, I see "The Spores" as the major contributor.

Two questions follow:

1. Where are they getting this?

2. What can I do about it?

I've read that it comes from sporechids in the oil biome? I've exposed no oil biome, and I've carefully examined the places where I got near to it--I see no exposed sporechids. Is there any other source of this condition?

As to treating it...it's weird. It shows up as a contributor to stress on the afflicted dupes, but on the Vitals pane, under diseases, they show nothing. I've got a disease clinic well-stocked with medicine vials, but there's no activity there.

Any suggestions?

Edit: watching one of these guys closely just now, it kind of looked like he was fine, with stress dropping...and then he walked through some "floral scents." He has the allergies trait. Is this all a consequence of he can't be allowed anywhere near the bristle blossom farm?

Okay. On the subject of allergies--is this cloud of "floral scents" an inevitable consequence of growing bristle blossoms, or is it a sign that I'm doing something wrong?

18 minutes ago, Jumpp said:

Okay. On the subject of allergies--is this cloud of "floral scents" an inevitable consequence of growing bristle blossoms, or is it a sign that I'm doing something wrong?

Inevitable consequence. You can throw exosuit docks with liquid lock to isolate your farm.or just set door permission to keep the allergic dupe away from the farm.

9 hours ago, Junksteel said:

Inevitable consequence. You can throw exosuit docks with liquid lock to isolate your farm.or just set door permission to keep the allergic dupe away from the farm.

Or you can just drown the allergic ones in the septic tank and bury them somewhere out of the way...

4 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Or you can just drown the allergic ones in the septic tank and bury them somewhere out of the way...

and never print allergic dup ever again so the rest of your dups can enjoy floral scents for the beauty that they are

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

Why a septic tank? Magma would be better. First it handles drowning and then it becomes solid by itself over time due to heat transfer meaning it also handles burying as well.

10 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

Why a septic tank? Magma would be better. First it handles drowning and then it becomes solid by itself over time due to heat transfer meaning it also handles burying as well.

Pure sadism. What else? Also readily available and I think they do deserve a proper burial.

But basically, I never print these and I almost never kill dupes intentionally. Of course, when Meep has (again!) peed in my clean water....

Archived