Was new music added?

Ornge

I was walking around in the jungle at night and I heard some music I never heard before. It was like the pig ruins theme but scarier. Has this always been this way or is this new? Its humid season if that helps

Could this be...

godDAMN!

i need to check this out.

It might be one of the unused musics which is in the game files. They might've given a variation for the jungle when it's night.

P.S: Can't seem to reproduce.

P.S2: Just checked in the game files. Yes, there is quite a bit of new music. Ruins music for every season (aka, different songs for ruins for different seasons!)

The variations of jungle songs are still in the game files.

P.S3: Indeed, different seasons = different jingles in the jungle.

1 hour ago, Roosev said:

Could this be...

godDAMN!

i need to check this out.

It might be one of the unused musics which is in the game files. They might've given a variation for the jungle when it's night.

P.S: Can't seem to reproduce.

P.S2: Just checked in the game files. Yes, there is quite a bit of new music. Ruins music for every season (aka, different songs for ruins for different seasons!)

The variations of jungle songs are still in the game files.

P.S3: Indeed, different seasons = different jingles in the jungle.

Mind posting it? @Roosev

46 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

Mind posting it? @Roosev

Here:

Temperate Ruins

Humid Ruins & Jungle

Lush Ruins & Jungle

Extra: (this is definitely new, will probably play when entering a store)

Entering the Store jingle (loud)

Extra Extra: (seems like originally you would be able to hear the bats before their shadows would appear, kinda like the hounds barking)

Vampire Bat distant screech (loud)

The ruins jingle also plays in the jungle if it's Humid or Lush season. Temperate stayed the same.

5 hours ago, Roosev said:

Here:

Temperate Ruins

Humid Ruins & Jungle

Lush Ruins & Jungle

Extra: (this is definitely new, will probably play when entering a store)

Entering the Store jingle (loud)

Extra Extra: (seems like originally you would be able to hear the bats before their shadows would appear, kinda like the hounds barking)

Vampire Bat distant screech (loud)

The ruins jingle also plays in the jungle if it's Humid or Lush season. Temperate stayed the same.

Probably a bug for the jungle 

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I swear to god Klei, if I don't hear this in the jungle durring Aporklaypse, imma commit big sad

I'm prepared to be disappointed.

WHY DOES THE APORKALYPSE HAVE NO MUSIC EXCLUSIVE TO IT WHATSOEVER?

(ancient herald does not count)

5 hours ago, JosePapp said:

Probably a bug for the jungle 

Not too sure about that. Seems like a intended change. Looking into the game files, the file responsible for dynamic music in Hamlet:

inst:ListenForEvent("canopyin", function(it, data)
        print("START JUNGLE")
        if GetSeasonManager():IsHumidSeason() then    
            self:SetTone("jungle_humid")

elseif GetSeasonManager():IsLushSeason() then   
            self:SetTone("jungle_lush")

else
            self:SetTone("jungle")

Seems like whenever the player goes underneath the canopy (aka, goes into the jungle), the game checks for the season and plays music according to it. So, Humid season gets humid jungle music.

Pretty intentional to me.

It's more likely that they haven't got the music ready yet, so they're using the ruins music just to get it ready.

I heard what sounded like new music, or remixed old music, in the jungle while playing the game today. Thought maybe it was an audio glitch, but I also thought it might be an intentional change. I'm still not sure which. I'm just glad to hear it's not just me. ^o^;>

9 hours ago, kiwikenobi said:

I heard what sounded like new music, or remixed old music, in the jungle while playing the game today. Thought maybe it was an audio glitch, but I also thought it might be an intentional change. I'm still not sure which. I'm just glad to hear it's not just me. ^o^;>

I did too

Archived